It would be nice in newer players had a shot at completing 12 days of marvel.

Haithere
Haithere Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
Seriously, the only champed GotG characters I have are from 3 star land. I don't have a shot in hell of finishing day 3. So that's disappointing. 

Comments

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Have you tried using Supports and/or boosts? Both can help you punch above your weight.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    I thought your opponents scaled so they would only be as powerful as your team?

3star Gamora can be very dangerous, and so can r&g. They should be able to hold their own
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Omegased said:
    I thought your opponents scaled so they would only be as powerful as your team?

Well, in the Era of Dilution and ISO Debt, you could have some serious contenders in 4* land and still have specific characters undercovered or underleveled.

Scaling is done at the event level, so the limits on one specific node would not adjust the scaling to the team you can field in that node.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    Haithere said:
    Seriously, the only champed GotG characters I have are from 3 star land. I don't have a shot in hell of finishing day 3. So that's disappointing. 
    I'm having the same problem on my son's account and I know what I'm doing. I feel really bad for any newbies hoping to break through this node.
    I've boosted/supported everything I can, but baby-champ 3*s Gamora, R&G, and Starlord just aren't getting this done. Scaling helps, but it's still not even close.
    I might have to pull out a Whales TU just to keep going. (assuming that is allowed in this event?)
    Makes me worry what lies ahead for his roster in this event. Especially when he could really use another cover for both his Vulture (1/1/0) and his 4*R&G (2/1/2).
    His roster did fine in Globe-Trotting, but all he got for that was throw-away Mysterio and Fury covers.
  • Haithere
    Haithere Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Day 4, and I guess I give up. In my year and a half playing, I've never felt more deflated. 
  • Hungryzombie
    Hungryzombie Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I can't beat day 3 or 4. I'm very bummed.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2019
    Just saw the Day 4 line-up... Yeah, no point in my son trying again for Day 3.
    How can a 3* roster even play Day 4? They literally have two options: 2* Cap or 3* Cap. Can't even pick them both...
  • Jl_58
    Jl_58 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I am sorry to hear low level players are being defeated.  

I love this event.  I love that they have limited characters.   Not just “need one member”, but a whole crew. 
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    This isn't how it used to be, is it? You didn't used to need a 3-member team, right? That's awful that newer players are essentially locked out. This game is really only for veterans and whales at this point. I would never advise new people to try to get into this.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Yes, prior years only required ONE member of the family to be used in the node.

It looks to me that they are repeating the same affiliation families as prior years.

The 2017 and 2018 lists were:
      • Avengers
      • X-Men
      • Agents of Shield
      • Guardians of the Galaxy
      • Inhumans
      • Defenders
      • Dark Avengers
      • Sinister Six
      • Champions
      • Spider-Man Family
      • Super Villains
      • Super Heroes
    The Champions and Inhumans ones may pose particular problems for new players.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    The nodes' wordings suggest that it's supposed to still only require ONE affiliated member. Likely a bug that can't be squashed until the next go round.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

It looks to me that they are repeating the same affiliation families as prior years.

• Avengers
      • X-Men
      • Agents of Shield
      • Inhumans
      • Defenders
      • Dark Avengers
      • Sinister Six
      • Champions
      • Spider-Man Family
      • Super Villains
      • Super Heroes

Several of them do, really. Only one member of the Sinister Six is available to 3* players (oh, plus 1* Venom, I guess?), and there's functionally only one option for Spider-verse below 4* as well, since all three 1-3* characters with that tag are Peter Parker. Heck, given that Miles, AV, Spider-Woman, and Gwen are relatively old characters, there are probably a fair number of solidly 4* players who can't fill out a 4* team for that.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor

The nodes' wordings suggest that it's supposed to still only require ONE affiliated member. Likely a bug that can't be squashed until the next go round.

Just like D3- put up an event we run annually just before we leave for vacation with a bug, then leave the office as we're flooded with angry complaints.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:

• Avengers
      • X-Men
      • Agents of Shield
      • Inhumans
      • Defenders
      • Dark Avengers
      • Sinister Six
      • Champions
      • Spider-Man Family
      • Super Villains
      • Super Heroes

Forget Champions, name any member of the Agents of SHIELD who isn't a 4-star...
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

• Avengers
    • X-Men
    • Agents of Shield
    • Inhumans
    • Defenders
    • Dark Avengers
    • Sinister Six
    • Champions
    • Spider-Man Family
    • Super Villains
    • Super Heroes

Forget Champions, name any member of the Agents of SHIELD who isn't a 4-star...
    3* and 2* cap.
  • Nero
    Nero Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Day 4. I fall 3 time with a verry bad characters roster deal. My highter was a c3ptain near lvl170 and the others two 4* fury 150 and quake lvl100.  Destroyed like nothing with 4 and 5 match battery and quickly killed by wolwy and pupu every time.
    But i had  a Joker i dont wanted climbing immediately. Fuly covered this week. Worthy lvl 167.  Run 4 with this guy and killed one more time. lol
    I was a bit angry but it s funny to see how today nothing work for me. :s   Others day all the things work like nothing. o:)

Run 5, I lvlup Worthy to 270 and finally win.... :p

For me the sad thing is i m not sure i can complete 12 days Marvel for the shards/1cover limited SpiderHam. :'(

I'm day 512 on this game.

• grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Just saw the Day 4 line-up... Yeah, no point in my son trying again for Day 3.
    How can a 3* roster even play Day 4? They literally have two options: 2* Cap or 3* Cap. Can't even pick them both...
    Good lord, I have every single character and I only had 8 to choose from for this event out of 201 characters and 3 of them were cap...
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember having to miss some of these nodes with a younger roster. It’s unfortunate, but it isn’t new.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Is it so bad that people cannot complete an event? When I started out I had trouble in almost every node in DDQ, and even when I had been playing for quite a long time, there were still times I couldn't complete Crash of the Titans. And this event is run far more often than 12 Days of Marvel.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    I remember having to miss some of these nodes with a younger roster. It’s unfortunate, but it isn’t new.
    Requiring the team affiliation for all three characters is new. The previous run only required the centre character to match the affiliation, as the wording within the event suggests. That meant that new players only needed one character from the affiliation and could pair them up with their best developed characters.