It would be nice in newer players had a shot at completing 12 days of marvel.

Options

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can you do the nodes with only one character, ala the 1* node in DDQ?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A node that only accepts 8 of more than 200 characters is probably a bit too restrictive. 

And in general, restricted lineups are challenging with dilution as bad as it has been for a long time now.

But there is something refreshing about the atypical lineups required by restricted nodes.  Veteran players have so many characters, but are basically required to hamstring themselves or stop caring about placement/performance if they want to use more than a handful of toons.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oof...Inhumans day is rough even for a developed roster. The Royal Family just got my butt handed to me, can,'t imagine how lower roster have even a slight chance against that line up of Cap Marvel and Mockingbird.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Oof...Inhumans day is rough even for a developed roster. The Royal Family just got my butt handed to me, can,'t imagine how lower roster have even a slight chance against that line up of Cap Marvel and Mockingbird.
    Definitely subjective, champed BB, Max Champ Medusa, and lvl 312 Lockjaw made pretty short work of that node. 

Without a champed Medusa and at least a decently leveled Kamala I could see it being a problem though.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Used my underleveled BBolt, champed Medusa, champed Lockjaw.

Won... But it hurt.  Lockjaw did most of the damage thanks to BBolt passive and enemy Coulson adding his own charges in there.  Matching my own entanglement gave nice passive healing options as well, since i left them alone for the cpu to match, and hurt themselves on via Lockjaw passive.

Not a quick and easy win.  And thats kinda silly, since im as many days in with the roster i have, and i barely had options?!  Newer players in my alliance (newer, as in, 2 years or less) are out of luck entirely.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jp1 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Definitely subjective, champed BB, Max Champ Medusa, and lvl 312 Lockjaw made pretty short work of that node. 

Without a champed Medusa and at least a decently leveled Kamala I could see it being a problem though.
    I got it second time pretty easy - my Medusa and Lockjaw are Champed and my BB is level 290, I don't feel I *should* have struggled but I did first fight. Marvel/Mockingbird could one shot my guys and did! For lower rosters, that is a rough combo with Coulson also weighing in as a top notch support guy.
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Maybe they could've added loaners if they wanted us to use all 3 in the targetted family.  They will be a large section of the player base with 1 or no characters for shield, champions, and inhumans.  Are there even dark avengers over 3 star?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The more I think about it, the more I think this might have been the result of an attempt to add in the feature people have asked for, where we can pull up just the Characters with a given Affiliation, but it was implemented wrong, so it completely locked everyone else out instead of just locking them out of the middle slot.
    Regardless of why, we once again have a situation where they chose to experiment, and then run it while everyone was out of the office, which seems like poor practice to me.
  • Mikbro81
    Mikbro81 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've been playing a little over 2 years.  I remember being locked out of events.  Dpd, 12 days of christmas,  nodes in boss events, etc. That's part of what kept me playing everyday. Getting to the point where I could play everything and do it all is a big part of the game. Im kinda glad that I'm able to do things that newer players can't.  I'd still recommend the game to people.  Just don't expect to catch up quickly
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mikbro81 said:
    I've been playing a little over 2 years.  I remember being locked out of events.  Dpd, 12 days of christmas,  nodes in boss events, etc. That's part of what kept me playing everyday. Getting to the point where I could play everything and do it all is a big part of the game. Im kinda glad that I'm able to do things that newer players can't.  I'd still recommend the game to people.  Just don't expect to catch up quickly
    This. I remember being locked out of a PvE nodes way back when because I didn’t have Psylocke, Puni3her etc....it’s only an issue if you are someone who expects all the rewards immediately regardless of how much effort/time you have put in.

Play more, grow your roster and next time you will probably clean up...think about it that way.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,559 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This brings back painful memories of The Gauntlet, where you couldn't achieve max progression if you were missing just one of the essentials.

I fully understand that not everybody should be able to finish every event, but locking out that many characters means you can't even give it a try!
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It’s one thing to require certain characters, it’s one thing to limit which ones can be used but to have several days where you have 5 to 8 out of 200 as the only usable ones, that’s a bit excessive. 
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Today's dark avenger fight is terrible.  If you dont have green goblin, have fun trying to knock out some champ level 4 stars and hulk with your 3 star champs (at best). 
  • Nibby
    Nibby Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So far I've been able to complete each node (1 year player), however I needed to use team ups and other reinforcements. 

Question: I only have Peter Parker - Spider-Men and Miles Morales. Can I still play the Spider-Family node or do I have to have three characters? 
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nibby said:
    So far I've been able to complete each node (1 year player), however I needed to use team ups and other reinforcements. 

Question: I only have Peter Parker - Spider-Men and Miles Morales. Can I still play the Spider-Family node or do I have to have three characters? 
    You should be able to do it with two, but you will likely have a harder time of it