R193 Release Notes (12/16/19)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the Release Notes for the R193 update!

R193!

"acid wash jeans"

We're up to snow good in MPQ with the holidays in full force! Sleigh all day with new characters, seasonal content, jolly offers, and more! Icy what you did there 

• Hazard tiles are able to activate when there are not any Team-Up tiles on the board.
  • Tapping anywhere on the screen after opening a 10x or 40x pack will take you to the next comic.
  • On the PC version of the game, tightened up the selectable area for selecting characters in battle.
  • The strongest color will be the Power that is displayed first when there is a tie in of strongest colors. This is prominently seen with enemy non-playable characters.
  • A new filter has been added in the roster screen that allows players to filter characters that can have their levels increased with Iso-8.
  • Duplicate versions of characters that both can be leveled will now appear in the Level Up filter.
  • When you access the Champion reward list for a specific character it will skip to the point where you get the next reward instead of the start of the list.
  • Backing out of the Champion Reward list will take you to the screen that you were previously on.
  • When firing M.O.D.O.K. (A.I.M. Overlord)'s Doomsday Plan, the cursor will correctly be displayed on the enemy.
  • Banners no longer obscure the character when receiving shards in pop-up messages.
Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This seems like a nifty batch of upgrades.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hazard tiles are able to activate when there are not any Team-Up tiles on the board.
    What? Why?

I know the possibility of this happening is low... but... why?

Also, is this for every match, regardless of type of event, including PvP?
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options

LakeStone said:
    • The strongest color will be the Power that is displayed first when there is a tie in of strongest colors. This is prominently seen with enemy non-playable characters.
    what does this mean? I don‘t get the implications.

In other new: Whohoo, the usability is getting some love. Yay! Much appreciated, keep it up! :smiley:

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    • Tapping anywhere on the screen after opening a 10x or 40x pack will take you to the next comic.
    Thank you!
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So, Princess Powerful is the next 5*?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    supergarv said:

LakeStone said:

In other new: Whohoo, the usability is getting some love. Yay! Much appreciated, keep it up! :smiley:

There are a few abilities that look for the strongest color to do things.  If you are facing certain goons they have no strongest color (or did not) since all their dmg is the same.  So if they happen to match any color due to (usually) a CD expiring and a match happening, it doesn't matter what color it is, it's all the same match damage.

This set up lead to some abilities having no use, or less use since the game wasn't breaking the tie before this.

The first example I found was Carol, who you probably wouldn't run against non-movers.  There are some other people where they steal AP in the strongest color, things like that.  Talos looks at the strongest color in a couple abilities....
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    supergarv said:

LakeStone said:
    It's essentially a fix to make fights against goons more predictable. Goons (i.e. Magia, HAMMER/SHIELD soldiers, ninjas, etc) have equal match damage in all colours, so there was no way to predict which colour the game would decide the enemy's strongest colour is.
    With this change, you can predict what their strongest colour is by reading the goon's power list. In turn, this makes characters with "strongest colour" based powers more predictable counters to those goons.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tapping anywhere on the screen after opening a 10x or 40x pack will take you to the next comic.

Awesome! I hated the way they flashed through all of the covers so quickly. Since a 10x is usually a once-a-season treat for me, it's nice to savor (or sigh at) each cover in the multi-pack.

• supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Many thanks to bluewolf and jamesh for explaining this to me. I get it now! :)
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    • When you access the Champion reward list for a specific character it will skip to the point where you get the next reward instead of the start of the list.
    • Backing out of the Champion Reward list will take you to the screen that you were previously on.
    Oh, I'm really glad with this improvements, a big thank you! I was quite annoyed not be able to open each cover one at a time from 10 packs ;)  
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    supergarv said:

LakeStone said:
    It's essentially a fix to make fights against goons more predictable. Goons (i.e. Magia, HAMMER/SHIELD soldiers, ninjas, etc) have equal match damage in all colours, so there was no way to predict which colour the game would decide the enemy's strongest colour is.
    With this change, you can predict what their strongest colour is by reading the goon's power list. In turn, this makes characters with "strongest colour" based powers more predictable counters to those goons.
    Not just that, but this will effect some bosses in Alliance events.
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    • On the PC version of the game, tightened up the selectable area for selecting characters in battle
    This still seems wonky.  You can't click on the middle character to get that one to move forward.  You need to click all the way on the one in the back.  If you don't, you get the character info page for the front-most character.  Seems like the hitbox for the front charatcer is too big, and/or the ones for the other two  are too small.
  • Gambit_Ace2000
    Gambit_Ace2000 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I would like to see a feature that shows us all the characters that have shards, would make managing this new system a bit easier. Just a thought...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I dunno how you guys work out these clues coz that seems a long way away from being obvious to me from "acid wash jeans", lol!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

I dunno how you guys work out these clues coz that seems a long way away from being obvious to me from "acid wash jeans", lol!
    I’m pretty sure that’s a clue for Karolina who was called “Lucy in the Sky” for a short time. Acid.....LSD.....etc
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I’m pretty sure that’s a clue for Karolina who was called “Lucy in the Sky” for a short time. Acid.....LSD.....etc

No her clue was "Cheese & Onions"...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I also thought that was a second KD clue. If it isn't, i'm going with another Liefeld creation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJhoa2SVGNA

• DAZ0273
    Options
    I also thought that was a second KD clue. If it isn't, i'm going with another Liefeld creation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJhoa2SVGNA

So are you saying we are getting a 5* Rob Liefeld character or a 5* Rob Liefeld wearing jeans???!?

I love Deathstroke! I was 12 in 1980 when Deathstroke appeared in 'Teen Titans' #2.

Rob Liefeld

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’d take either.

but I’m thinking maybe one of his classics, like Forearm