Which is faster: 8 4* direct bonus heroes, or max champing a 3* feeder 2.5 times?

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe you're on an episode of Upright Citizen's Brigade, and they're doing a social experiment on you?
    I have no idea what that is so, I guess, probably? 😀
  • DAZ0273
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    It was a sketch comedy show from '98-'00 where the basic setup was this diabolical trans-govt deep state group would essentially troll random citizens as a frame-story for all the sketches. It was mega-hilarious in 1998, i don't know if it's aged well. 
  • DAZ0273
    It was a sketch comedy show from '98-'00 where the basic setup was this diabolical trans-govt deep state group would essentially troll random citizens as a frame-story for all the sketches. It was mega-hilarious in 1998, i don't know if it's aged well. 
    It has never come across my radar but then we don't always get all US shows over here.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I have had exactly zero 5* bonus heroes in well over 365 days - the last one that I got was before Kitty Pryde was in the game.

I pulled only from latest legends when iceman entered them. 
    Waiting for confirmation from Daz about where his resources go, but i bet that's it right there. If you're diluting your pulls across multiple stores, they are all seperate tracks for bonus hero drop rates. So you are probably "right" in the odds, but you've essentially divided your odds by the number of stores you're pulling from if you aren't consolidated into a single one.
    No, no, no, no, no.

The game does NOT NOT NOT NOT track your pulls or adjust odds to meet any target.

There is an independent predetermined pull chain in EACH STORE which ONLY exists to make sure that people can't pull on one device, reject those pulls, and re-roll on a different device to get better results (this used to be a rampant thing, there are probably still numerous 5* players around who benefited greatly from cheating).

THE GAME DOES NOT HAVE A STREAKBREAKER.  It doesn't matter where you pull.  EVERY PULL IS RANDOM (based on the string, but your prior pulls have no impact on the odds of the next one and what might happen).

You can pull 500 pulls in 3 stores and you might get 0 5* BH in each of them.  Or 1500 in one store and STILL get 0 5* BH.  Note: The good news/bad news about having no streakbreaker is you can get great runs as well as lousy ones.

Now maybe you pulled from the Symbiotic Relationship store and got 3 5's in your first 6 pulls (like me).  That has NO impact on your next Latest pull, or your next 50 Latests, or your next 1000.

I updated my pull records yesterday.  3700 Legendary pulls across various stores (I have not really gone very deep into any side store, maybe 20 or so a couple times).  Almost all Latests since mid-2017.  I have gotten 496 5's which is a rate of 13.4% and my total bonus 5's are 15.  I pulled 464 5's since Bonus Heroes started which equals to a 3.23% rate on bonus 5's.

It could be garbage or maybe you're lucky.  I'm sure there's some player out there with a 16.6% pull rate on 5's who has gotten a 6.8% bonus rate to balance out my account.

Sorry to derail this but people need to understand how this works....the devs have never implemented any control over your pull results which is good and bad, I guess.
  • DAZ0273
    So the good news is that instead of being 75% unlucky I have been 100% unlucky! :D
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2019
    I'm not implying it actually has a streakbreaker, just saying that if you are diluting your pulls all over the place, you could be in all kinds of simultaneous "dry spells" that feel like one mega dry spell, or hitting 5*s around the same time in various stores that make it feel like your odds are "up." 

Since the pulls are "pre-determined," sticking it out in a single store does seem to me to be the best way to ride out such dry spells. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    And of course now there is a CP store open with Fi5k and Jessica in it. I'm almost certainly skipping that one, but it's tempting lol.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I have had exactly zero 5* bonus heroes in well over 365 days - the last one that I got was before Kitty Pryde was in the game.
    That sounds crazy. I pull maybe 6 to 7 tokens a week (I'm not really tracking it.) 
    I pulled only from latest legends when iceman entered them. He is fully covered already and I got 3 or 4 bonus heros on him. Storm is 2-5-2, prof is 4-0-3.

Now my bonus is on my 3-3-5 goblin and I will be using cp only on classics.
    Eh, RNG is like that.  I pulled zero 5*'s from the ~9 months when the token odds were 10% for 5*'s, but then had a ~25% pull rate on 5*'s for a similarly long spell around the time Hawkeye & Thanos were out in tokens (not surprisingly, my best-covered 5*'s are all from that 8-12 month span).  Since the inception of LTs, my 5* pull rate is hovering right around where it "should" be, within statistical reason, so ultimately these streaks aren't particularly anything more than a curiosity.  

My 5* bonus heroes is definitely lower than average, but not so much so to assume it's anything but RNG hurt further by my relatively low pull rate.  I'm not sure I've gone more than 365 days without one, but I've only averaged a little better than one per year, so maybe?

Currently, my biggest statistical anomaly is from 3* & 4* bonus heroes in 10-packs.  From both season PVP progression (of which I earn this maybe 1/4-1/5 of the time) and daily resupply, I haven't gotten a single 3* or 4* BH from a 10-pack since a couple seasons before the 4th anniversary, well over 750 days ago.  Again, given my relatively poor draw rate, this isn't outside of statistical expectations, but it's still kind of irritating.

RNG gonna RNG...

• ThaRoadWarrior
    I did get another bonus Spid3r-Man yesterday. Currently at 221
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    RNG is a fickle lady
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Chavez bonus out of Latest today, currently at 346.
    Spid3r-man bonus, currently 222
  • DAZ0273
    Well...it finally happened.I got a bonus Kitty thus ending my just over 400 day wait. Not the yellow I badly need to become part of the awful Kitty PvP problem though, now she is rocking at 0/5/4 but the game has shut me up for the timebeing!

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled RoadWarrior news updates.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    As it happens, I got a 223 for Spid3r-Man yesterday, incrementing Miles by 1 to a whopping 293.

then this morning I pulled a lvl 290 for Bucky out of a Strange Sights token that came with a bonus Chavez, taking her to 347.

this race is not even close y’all...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Well, the new race - can I pull down 3 Chavez covers before the Shards go live next week and it takes however long it is going to take?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Well, shards are live, so this thread is over. Final tally:

America Chavez made it to 347
    Spid3r-Man made it to 225, issuing me a single Miles Morales who is now 293.

As an epilogue to this process, I'm leaving my Favorites set on Okoye, America Chavez, and Spid3r-Man until Jessica Jones is complete. Once that happens, I'll decide what to do next. I have been really enamored with the idea of chasing my 2/5/3 hawkeye all the way up the chain now that he is suddenly top-tier with WCap.
  • DAZ0273
     I have been really enamored with the idea of chasing my 2/5/3 hawkeye all the way up the chain now that he is suddenly top-tier with WCap.
    Whatever you do don't start a thread about it! Look what you did to bonus heroes, dude!!!! 😉😀
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Or should I? lol. I'm not sure I'm in love with the current implementation of shards tbh.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Since I haven't made any changes to my Favorited characters, I suppose it may be interesting to track how long it is going to take now to get these last 3 covers for Chavez, and to turn over Spid3r-Man via brute force.