MPQ Halloween Events 2019

Options

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    chris0001 said:
    If their anniversary was not a "special event", (to warrant a feeder)….. you really think Halloween does??  LOL
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/75744/spooky-scary-marvel-puzzle-quest/p1

But that was a whole year ago...  Now only nothing is special instead of the second biggest holiday in the US.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,349 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So far we have the Halloween vault, and cover swaps, and 8 separate Halloween-related PVPs (according to this thread).  So it's much like last year with even more PVPs.

Except this year they are choosing the "sell us costumes" option over the "give us 5* covers" option.

I guess the comparison to last year says all you need to know about the developers' current approach to the game.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    chris0001 said:
    If their anniversary was not a "special event", (to warrant a feeder)….. you really think Halloween does??  LOL
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/75744/spooky-scary-marvel-puzzle-quest/p1

Didn't we also get a feeder during the 5th Anniversary?

It's a new day, yes it is.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    • Character New Costume (???) IAP bundle

• 10/?? - 11/??

• Sold for $???

• ??? Costume

• 1/1/1 Build of ???

• ??? Hero Points
    -------
    No costume today, I guess we can expect one tomorrow since it's the last day of October.

I predict:

$24.99 and 2200 HP along with the covers and costume for some 4* character.  Since every 4* costume bundle has been the same.

How about Vulture in the OG comic costume? He seems pretty Halloween-y.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,978 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I'd much rather the new $$$ costume be for renewing VIP. Esp since they just removed the Doom one and didn't replace it with anything.

KGB
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Updated the first post with the next costume to be released as well as images for both Scarlet Witch's and that costume.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Updated the first post with the next costume to be released as well as images for both Scarlet Witch's and that costume.
    Thanks. C&D look cool, too bad I’m not spending $ on it. Would have considered if it was for HP. 
  • bluewolf
    edited October 2019
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    IceIX said:
    Thanks. C&D look cool, too bad I’m not spending $ on it. Would have considered if it was for HP. 
    Or if it were at least reasonably priced. Drop the covers and the HP, make it a good impulse-level cost like $2? They could even do that and keep the $25 bundle as-is. Those that want the resources get a good deal there, but those that just want the cosmetic item aren't being taunted by stupidly high prices for cosmetic items that show no respect for the consumer base.

Not sure why I bother posting, though, because this is clearly an issue they're choosing to address by hoping we'll shut up about it so they won't actually have to say anything.

@IceIX Care to comment?
    For the most part, they don't seem to have any interest in pushing out any cheaper costume offers.  At least in terms of actual dollars.  The potentially-cheapest 4* costumes were the Cage and Fury ones in a vault, where a lucky pull might have made it pretty cheap.  

We have had a number of HP offers which helps in a way, especially for people who aren't trying to catch up and roster everyone and have some extra HP to play around with.  At least you could possibly get those costumes without pulling out a credit card.

But every other 4* costume has been $24.99 with the same bundle of stuff (HP and covers), so they can't even say they have tried once to offer them at a lower price point to see how the market reacts.

I wish they would put them in progression or placement more often.

But whatever, it's just a different digital picture to look at.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:

But every other 4* costume has been $24.99 with the same bundle of stuff (HP and covers), so they can't even say they have tried once to offer them at a lower price point to see how the market reacts.
    I actually won a Cable costume (I think it was extra pouches) for getting T10 in PVE (the only one you could win to date I believe),

I also bought FlixDevil's vigilante outfit for 300 CP (the only CP offer to date as well I believe).

But otherwise I think you are correct (I don't really know, though, since Daredevil was the only "must-have" outfit for me aside from God-Doom, which they just made a separate character).
  • bluewolf
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Well, I have been keeping up a thread of every costume and how it's been available to date.  (Other than not updating with C&D yet.)

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/78956/costumes-that-have-been-available-in-the-game#latest
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not paying $25 for the C&D bundle, but that is a cool costume gotta admit. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The JJ costume is quite nice, shame about the price.

They did another one of those 1500 Hp bundles though with tokens which I purchased again, obviously popular.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 770 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ltd store for JJ, DD and kingpin might be worth a shot or 2 

they can keep the costume, I need to spend my money on a new couple of tyres for my car !!
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,071 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Fat lot of good it does to repeatedly claim to be listening to the players when you're releasing content that shows that you only really care about the high-spending players.
    The other costumes were more reasonable. I get what you’re saying, but just trying to be fair about it.

Edit: Also the major resupply could be had for no money and was reasonably priced.