Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Major resupply? Don't mind if I do!
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd just like to add another voice that I really like JJ costume, but I also like money and the price point for the costume pack is ridiculous. So the game is missing out on a potential purchase from me because of this. I dunno how many people are actually buying these expensive costumes but I hope there are enough people like me to make the company reconsider this strategy.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Won't lie....I really, really want that Sherlock Jones costume too but $75 is too steep for me.  Maybe, maybe I would have bought it at $50 against all good instincts.  Oh well.  
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    • Jessica Jones - Sherlock Jones

• 11/6 - 11/12

• Sold for $74.99

• 5 Inner Demon Tokens

• 10K Hero Points

• 5 Alliance CP (AKA Buy Club Incentive)
    Almost all of the 5* costumes they have sold have been for $74.99.  Otherwise there have been the VIP 5Ock costumes, and the vault pull costume for Okoye, placement costume for Cable, 300 CP for DD (with a cover), and 8000 HP for Loki.

The cheapest costume (other than ones you got from playing and that were included in VIP) in terms of actually spending money was Private Rogers (3Cap) for $5.99.

I don't think they will ever offer a straight up costume for money deal at a super low price point....it's been a year now and their patterns are very predicable.

I personally think the more likely (cheap) way to get them is through play, which is far too rare.  I wish they would somehow start offering some of the older ones in a more attainable way.  This is 32nd costume they have produced.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    supergarv said:
    You're actually paying for the Hero Points. The Costume is the bonus or "draw" to spend money on the HP.

I'd really like two options for this to decouple. Leave the HP offer as it is, but do a "costume-only" variant for maybe 5 bucks. I think people who spend for HP will still take up that offer, but people who wouldn't buy for 75 bucks would then at least spend for 5 bucks. I doubt there's ANYONE who would ever really dish out 75 bucks just to get the costume. Maybe only those people who still think they get the 5* covers as well, because this really remains misleading despite the footprint note.
    I really like this idea.  I would have definitely pulled the trigger for a cheap, costume-only deal for both 5* Carol & now Jessica Jones.   The $75 deals don't fall within my personal spending limits for mobile games...
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    supergarv said:
    You're actually paying for the Hero Points. The Costume is the bonus or "draw" to spend money on the HP.

I'd really like two options for this to decouple. Leave the HP offer as it is, but do a "costume-only" variant for maybe 5 bucks. I think people who spend for HP will still take up that offer, but people who wouldn't buy for 75 bucks would then at least spend for 5 bucks. I doubt there's ANYONE who would ever really dish out 75 bucks just to get the costume. Maybe only those people who still think they get the 5* covers as well, because this really remains misleading despite the footprint note.
    I really like this idea.  I would have definitely pulled the trigger for a cheap, costume-only deal for both 5* Carol & now Jessica Jones.   The $75 deals don't fall within my personal spending limits for mobile games...

Especially for those of us who are flush with HP already and have nothing to spend them on. So while I am getting those HP, for me it would be purely $75 for the costume since I don't need the HP.

Note that I am someone who signed up for VIP when they started giving out costumes just for the costume.

KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @IceIX
    any more halloween stuff coming before Thanksgiving?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @IceIX
    They'll announce the next wave of Halloween stuff shortly before Christmas.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    @IceIX
    So we can live like Jack & Sally if we want.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    pheregas said:
    @IceIX
    So we can live like Jack & Sally if we want.
    That is my wife's favorite movie and she loves it dearly.  We put up a black tree for Halloween, decorate it with NBC ornaments, then keep it up until after Christmas.

Pumpkin King confirmed!
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    • Jessica Jones - Sherlock Jones

• 11/6 - 11/12

• Sold for $74.99

• 5 Inner Demon Tokens

• 10K Hero Points

• 5 Alliance CP (AKA Buy Club Incentive)
    Almost all of the 5* costumes they have sold have been for $74.99.  Otherwise there have been the VIP 5Ock costumes, and the vault pull costume for Okoye, placement costume for Cable, 300 CP for DD (with a cover), and 8000 HP for Loki.

The cheapest costume (other than ones you got from playing and that were included in VIP) in terms of actually spending money was Private Rogers (3Cap) for $5.99.

I don't think they will ever offer a straight up costume for money deal at a super low price point....it's been a year now and their patterns are very predicable.

I personally think the more likely (cheap) way to get them is through play, which is far too rare.  I wish they would somehow start offering some of the older ones in a more attainable way.  This is 32nd costume they have produced.
    They did give away the Cyclops 3* Age of Apocalypse costume for free when they launched it.