New PVE: Why are the Devs so cruel to us?!

13»

Comments

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    The main problem with the Kaecilius node is the complete and total lack of imagination it represents.  He's already got a PVE event.  The only positive about map one is that there are no Dark Avenger, but I fully expect Norm and the gang to show up during the event.  Why?  Complete and total lack of imagination.
    By the looks of it, we have a bit of strange sights, a sub of civil war, and the third sub which looks like balance of power? With the doom theme, could that be some form of MPQ secret wars with GEDoom as the final boss?

No sign or need for the dark avengers in my view. You shouldn’t have to worry
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    MegaBee said:
    I didn't realize that Kaecilius wasn't a one and done node until hours later...
    i played it 4 times, got wigged out cause it seemed like something that should be 1 and done, and forgot to finish my 4 clears on the other nodes...

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is going to sound petty and forgive me if it comes across that way but the final boss node in day 3 summed things up for me. We fight God Emperor Doom and yet the artwork is for normal 3* Doom on the "story"background  page. It is a small thing but just screams to me how this was thrown together with little overall quality control or desire to invest in new assets. In the past they took the care to go back and re-do an entire storyline with updated Peggy Carter artwork. Here they couldn't even update a single background panel which, by the way has new artwork of Spidey 2099 with corresponding art to the character featured. Bizarre.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I'm a bit disappointed that this new PVE event doesn't have any story cutscenes in the sub-events. All we get is a bit of flavour text on the nodes (one wonders how many different variations of "beat up these guys for reasons" there are?). Even "Honor Among Thieves", which is just one long excuse to make us fight Mindless Ones and symbiotes over and over again, had decent story scenes!
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    tiomono said:
    CNash said:
    I'm a bit disappointed that this new PVE event doesn't have any story cutscenes in the sub-events. All we get is a bit of flavour text on the nodes (one wonders how many different variations of "beat up these guys for reasons" there are?). Even "Honor Among Thieves", which is just one long excuse to make us fight Mindless Ones and symbiotes over and over again, had decent story scenes!
    There was one on the first day and one on the last.

So many people gripe that they are pointless or that they never read them because of speed reasons the devs probably thought this would make more people happy.

More evidence that it literally does not matter what the devs do they will upset someone.
    What if they keep the cutscenes and incorporate a toggle switch? I suppose there may be one or two folks upset about having to use a toggle switch, but it seems like the better choice.

Im not saying that is something that could be implemented with any ease or anything, just pointing out that it really isn’t “literally anything” they could do.

Just to be clear, I didn’t miss the cutscenes at all. Just saying that a little extra thought can go a long way. Of course you can’t make everyone happy, but you can make more people happy...if you try hard enough.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:

More evidence that it literally does not matter what the devs do they will upset someone.
    maybe if they did a little more than the absolute minimum they'd have a little more rope/slack/goodwill from the players...
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    tiomono said:
    CNash said:

So many people gripe that they are pointless or that they never read them because of speed reasons the devs probably thought this would make more people happy.

What if they keep the cutscenes and incorporate a toggle switch? I suppose there may be one or two folks upset about having to use a toggle switch, but it seems like the better choice.

Im not saying that is something that could be implemented with any ease or anything, just pointing out that it really isn’t “literally anything” they could do.

Just to be clear, I didn’t miss the cutscenes at all. Just saying that a little extra thought can go a long way. Of course you can’t make everyone happy, but you can make more people happy...if you try hard enough.
    Sure they could make a toggle. I guarantee you will hear more than one person say "with all the problems this game has this is what they choose to work on?" 

I have dialed back my forum reading lately because it's just a bunch of upset people. They mostly have very good points but it's just soo many gripes I'm getting disinterested in the forums. 

I like the game. I have things that frustrate me with the game for sure but the things I enjoy still outweigh my frustrations. I'm just getting tired of surrounding myself with discontent when that's not how I personally feel.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019
    jp1 said:
    tiomono said:
    CNash said:

[...]

Exactly. I can play the event with or without cutscenes, but not including them makes the event feel a lot more "bare-bones" - it reminds me of the first run of Strange Sights, where the story didn't have an ending after you'd beaten Kaecilius three times. Here that's no problem, because nobody else says anything anyway - not even Big K himself, who's usually very verbose!
    The ones who complain about cutscenes for "speed reasons" need to get off of their high horses, btw. They are firmly in the minority and yet demand that the devs cater to their every whim at the expense of the rest of the userbase. If that's really the reason why this event has barely any cutscenes, the devs need to take a step back and think about why they've apparently written a brand-new story event with hardly any dialogue.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    jp1 said:
    tiomono said:
    CNash said:

Sure they could make a toggle. I guarantee you will hear more than one person say "with all the problems this game has this is what they choose to work on?" 

I have dialed back my forum reading lately because it's just a bunch of upset people. They mostly have very good points but it's just soo many gripes I'm getting disinterested in the forums. 

I like the game. I have things that frustrate me with the game for sure but the things I enjoy still outweigh my frustrations. I'm just getting tired of surrounding myself with discontent when that's not how I personally feel.
    I totally understand that sentiment. I posted elsewhere that it was really getting me disheartened as well, to the point of not wanting to play. I know I contributed to it, and I stand by what I said, but I get where you are coming from.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    MegaBee said:
    i played it 4 times, got wigged out cause it seemed like something that should be 1 and done, and forgot to finish my 4 clears on the other nodes...

I wish that the boss fights were just a one and done and gave different rewards like Kaecilius gives iso, Cap/IM gives a choice of a 3* Cap/IM cover and Doom gives a Spider Ham.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    jredd said:
    MegaBee said:

I wish that the boss fights were just a one and done and gave different rewards like Kaecilius gives iso, Cap/IM gives a choice of a 3* Cap/IM cover and Doom gives a Spider Ham.
    It's nice to get a Spider-Ham in Basilica, but that won't run that often (I assume) - at least, it will probably run less than most PVEs.

Putting the Ham in this one would probably give more people a chance at his covers, especially since there are lots of allys that don't make round 8 in boss events.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Friarbundy said:
    But I digest,...
    This made me smile. What have you been eating?
    If you check the next word in his original sentence, you might be a bit...disturbed to find the answer.  :s
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    tiomono said:
    CNash said:

I've always thought for the longest time they should have a gallery that aggregates all the dialogue cutscenes collected and divided for each event. Then if you want to read and enjoy them, you can go back after your clears are done and read through them at your leisure. 

I actually really do like them. But I play competitively and always skip past them, except for the inaugural run of an event. Even then, I'm usually speed reading through them and not really appreciating them. 

A place where you can read them to your hearts content seems like a no brainer, but maybe that's just me. 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    While the PVE felt a bit bare bones without the dialogue, the only time I bother reading dialog bubbles and fight caption info are for humorous events.  I've never found it anything other than banal and tedious otherwise.
  • The_Boi_of_Steel
    The_Boi_of_Steel Posts: 62 Match Maker
    bluewolf said:
    shardwick said:
    jredd said:
    MegaBee said:

It's nice to get a Spider-Ham in Basilica, but that won't run that often (I assume) - at least, it will probably run less than most PVEs.

Putting the Ham in this one would probably give more people a chance at his covers, especially since there are lots of allys that don't make round 8 in boss events.
    I’m assuming that, since it says “limited”, this is the ONLY way to get Spider-Ham, huh?  It’s quite annoying when you want to collect them.  

ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU’RE PAYING GOOD MONEY TO PLAY THIS GAME!  Maybe the developers need to think about that next time.  🤬🤬🤬 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    shardwick said:
    jredd said:
    MegaBee said:

I’m assuming that, since it says “limited”, this is the ONLY way to get Spider-Ham, huh?  It’s quite annoying when you want to collect them.  

ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU’RE PAYING GOOD MONEY TO PLAY THIS GAME!  Maybe the developers need to think about that next time.  🤬🤬🤬 
    To be fair there are only a few Limited characters and none of them really hover too far near the Meta. Spider-Ham is fun but he never gets rotated in the boost list so he is really is little more than a trophy.