New PVE: Why are the Devs so cruel to us?!

supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
The good: New PVE! Only 3x easy nodes, 1 hard node, 1 hard wave and 1 boss node (plus 4xEssentials)

The bad: Kaecilius is a fun mechanic, and it is so refreshing to have fast matches. Too bad though that we need to resort to 3* rosters to fight him.

The ugly: Those mindless ones. PLEASE. Oh god. Fix them. Waiting an extra passive 3-4 seconds per match when the game enforces timing is so infuriating. Why introduce a new engine, teasing us with the nagging animations of them, and not fixing this? Please address this.

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd love to know why we are given a loaner Spidey 2099 for the Kaecillius fight when you still can't stun K-silly, and Spidey isn't contributing anything to that battle that other characters won't do better.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    supergarv said:
    The good: New PVE! Only 3x easy nodes, 1 hard node, 1 hard wave and 1 boss node (plus 4xEssentials)

The bad: Kaecilius is a fun mechanic, and it is so refreshing to have fast matches. Too bad though that we need to resort to 3* rosters to fight him.

The ugly: Those mindless ones. PLEASE. Oh god. Fix them. Waiting an extra passive 3-4 seconds per match when the game enforces timing is so infuriating. Why introduce a new engine, teasing us with the nagging animations of them, and not fixing this? Please address this.
    Sabertooth is great against him, plus tons of other 4*. 
  • supergarv
    Does Sabretooths board destroy actually hurt K when a strike tile is removed that way? Or is his utility only possible board shake? Sure, if board shake counts there are many 4's.

But apart from Elektra I don't see many chars at 4 or 5 which can create enemy strike tiles (which is usually not the most clever way to do, donating strikes to the enemy ;) ). But then again, I only use 5% of my 4* roster, like anybody who's forced to compete about timed PVE grind or PVP where at the 5* level all you use is Thorkoye and Gritty anyways.
  • bluewolf
    Coulson and Quicksilver are good choices, but will die quickly without some kind of meat shield if you are in SCL9.  I guess boosts/supports help.

I don't see how Sabretooth is that great since you might destroy other strike tiles and then the fight / grind will take longer.
  • furbear00000
    His ability to easily add weak strike tiles is very helpful, the board shake doesn’t do extra damage, but helps shake the board up. It’s mostly his black that’s best.  

I used him with Thor and Okoye, but I bet Domino and maybe C&D will help as black AP batteries. Or Domino and a mitigator like Rouge, or maybe even Kraven.

There are lots of possibilities. 
  • bluewolf
    His ability to easily add weak strike tiles is very helpful, the board shake doesn’t do extra damage, but helps shake the board up. It’s mostly his black that’s best.  

I used him with Thor and Okoye, but I bet Domino and maybe C&D will help as black AP batteries. Or Domino and a mitigator like Rouge, or maybe even Kraven.

There are lots of possibilities. 
    Oh yeah, his black.....
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    I normally take 4 Elektra, 3* Patch and Coulson so quite happy to replace Patch for the even better Sabretooth on this.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    supergarv said:
    Does Sabretooths board destroy actually hurt K when a strike tile is removed that way? Or is his utility only possible board shake? Sure, if board shake counts there are many 4's.

I tested.  Sabretooth is useless in this fight.  Stick with some combination of Elektra, Coulson, Patch, Quicksilver.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    pheregas said:
    supergarv said:

I tested.  Sabretooth is useless in this fight.  Stick with some combination of Elektra, Coulson, Patch, Quicksilver.
    Boardshake doesn’t hurt, but his cheap black can help if that’s what you’re going for. I did Domino and Sabre to try to hit a lot of black. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    I forgot about new combos.  Im so used to doing the same thing against (as he was called earlier) K-Silly, that i just rhythmically went right back to it.

Elektr4, Patch, SWitch.  That extra purple generated gets Elek's cheap strikes out faster, and when her CD expires, any purp strikes around get matched too.  Hasnt failed me yet.

Maybe i'll change next time.  I have Sabre.  I have Coulson.  I have plenty of options.  Its just a comfortable easy cycle for me currently.
  • supergarv
    But let me get this back to my main point now.....

These Mindless Ones!!!!
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    Questions:
    Is the Boss fight on the Sub page? Or on the main event page, a la Strange Sights?
    Or is there a Boss fight for the Sub, and also a boss fight on the main page?
    Is O'Hara 4E for the Kaecilius fight?
  • furbear00000
    JSP869 said:
    Questions:
    Is the Boss fight on the Sub page? Or on the main event page, a la Strange Sights?
    The boss battle is the 6th node, requires 6 clears for full completion and is on the “sub” page. 

Not sure what your last question means. 
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    JSP869 said:
    Questions:
    You can bring any 3 characters into the boss fight. No one is required. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always find him to be one of the easier bosses. 

Used all of the following:

Kitty/Rocket/Spidey2099 - must have been sleeping when I went in with these. Obviously this was the hardest match.

Medusa/Quake/Sabre
    Medusa/Domino/Sabre
    Juggs(4)/Quake/Sabre
    Rogue/Medusa/Sabre
    Rogue/Domino/Sabre

No losses even with the horrible team including Kitty. It seems to me that Sabre’s board destruction does double dip damage if it destroys a second attack tile.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:

It seems to me that Sabre’s board destruction does double dip damage if it destroys a second attack tile.
    You mean strike tile? This is the first I've heard this. Others say you lose the strike and don’t get the damage. I’d love it if anyone could confirm. 
  • furbear00000
    jp1 said:

It seems to me that Sabre’s board destruction does double dip damage if it destroys a second attack tile.
    You mean strike tile? This is the first I've heard this. Others say you lose the strike and don’t get the damage. I’d love it if anyone could confirm. 
    The way that special tile destruction (not matching) has been really screwy lately, I’m not surprised that’s happening. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:

Yes, Strike...sorry about that.

It happened enough times that I’m fairly confident it was the case. The only other possibility is that the tiles that dropped made another match and destroyed another strike tile. It seems unlikely that would happen reliably though.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I'd love to know why we are given a loaner Spidey 2099 for the Kaecillius fight when you still can't stun K-silly, and Spidey isn't contributing anything to that battle that other characters won't do better.
    I teamed him up with spidergwen and electra. Easy heals to keep everyone going and the ability to give k more strikes made it super easy.