Shield training __________________________________.

13»

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like or used to like Sheild Training but I don't like the requiring of new characters that I've not had enough time to collect enough covers for.
    0zfest said:
     The problem is the same recurring issue that plagues this game, it's geared towards "whales".
    Don't think so ? how far in the shield training would you get as a low level shield level player.
    You might be able to try "a" node maybe. Then you get to stare at an event you can't do anything with for a week.
    I'm shield level 94+ and have been playing for over 1000 days and I didn't go very far (4 nodes).
    and the first character needed in the "individual training section is guess who you need ? The newest character in the entire game, call me crazy but wouldn't it make more sense for that character to be last in that line ?
    Well, I guess it really depends on how you spend your time in the game. I'm on day 840, Shield rank 147, I'm not a whale and I have a fully covered Torch.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't pay much attention to getting all the required characters for Shield Training: if I have them, I have them, if I don't, I don't.
    Im not too worried about new chars, t100 is fine, as long as i have a cover for essentials.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Is an good way to get a cover for a new character but it's somewhat difficult for me to have all the required characters
    It, in a way, gives me something to play for.  New 4 is released, I know it will be needed for ST down the road.  I push harder in new events to get covers so I can get to the needed 10.

I then use it as an excuse to go easy in other PVE events :smile:
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I like or used to like Sheild Training but I don't like the requiring of new characters that I've not had enough time to collect enough covers for.
    This event made me say just screw it. I'm going to bonus hero who I want and not worry about it. It's not like I desperately need that 1 cover.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Shield training is a large part of why I've basically given up on this game and especially any hope of actually progressing in the game.  Used to kill myself trying to get progression but after a bunch of times where I did that and wasn't able to come even remotely close to getting any new character to I said to myself why am I bothering.

I'm guessing you need to hit top 100 on release, get the shield training cover, play a ton of their **** anti-fun PVP, only bonus hero the right character, whale and get a divine miracle to have a chance to get enough covers in time.  Why is anyone upset.

Sorry but no.  Your PVP sucks, and yes that insulting to the word suck because it is way worse than suck can describe.  Thank you for punishing me because it sucks.

No on the bonus heroes.  I have to horde like crazy when it takes 102 pulls to get 1 Prof X cover so I can do the required node.  Why i bother I don't know.

Maybe if you would get off your lazy customer hating rears and do something about dilution already maybe someone here might get tricked into thinking you might actually give the slightest damn about your game.  I can't speak for anyone one else but you have definitely lost sales from me because I am sick of your **** and if you keep this up I'm not sticking around forever waiting for this game to actually be worth playing again.

Yeah, I know the answer to this is going to be a new costume for sale for $300 where you put an extra button on someone's costume because the one desperate person that buys that is much betting then having hundreds or thousands of people making small purchases because they are actually happy with this game.  Is anyone happy with the mess this game has become?
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    This event made me say just screw it. I'm going to bonus hero who I want and not worry about it. It's not like I desperately need that 1 cover.
    Same here. I get the character champed eventually, so what's one cover, shrugs.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Same here. I get the character champed eventually, so what's one cover, shrugs.
    This might be my new approach. With dilution, each new character becomes more like a special (like Howard, Devil Dino, Spider Ham, and Taskmaster) in that it pretty much takes a targeted event to acquire covers (other than BH). I don't care too much about those four so why not just apply the same thinking to every new 4*...?
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    The overall effect here is to reward people who have focused (READ: spent) enough to get the latest characters leveled up quickly.  So those players get ahead one more cover.  If that's the goal, mission accomplished.  But I'm not going to cheer on the idea of separating the have and have-nots even further.  I'd much prefer if the required characters were ones that a reasonably long-term player might have some hope of having raised high enough already, and then reward those players with a way to get at least one cover of the new hero. 

In the end, one cover by itself isn't a big deal, but one cover every time this event comes up can add up over time.  Shutting out all but the highest percentage of players seems like a bad plan.  You're putting time developing (another) piece of content that most people can't play.  If they can't play it, they're going to go do something else, and it might not be MPQ.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019
    I will give the developers props on this release. If you only got one cover from placement in his PVE event rollout, you got his black. If you get progression in Webbed Wonder, you're getting his yellow cover. And his own PVP event? You have a chance to nab his blue cover with 40 wins. That's at least one cover in all three of his powers. Been a while since that has happened on a character's release. So many of my 4-stars have to wait until the new PVP season to climb the Simulator ladder for the one cover in a color I don't have for them.