Shield training __________________________________.

Comments

• shap328
    shap328 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I like or used to like Sheild Training but I don't like the requiring of new characters that I've not had enough time to collect enough covers for.
    The intro node for this one is impossible. I've failed 5x already using the loaner lvl 270 characters.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    I like or used to like Sheild Training but I don't like the requiring of new characters that I've not had enough time to collect enough covers for.
    I found it to be the easiest intro yet. Great synergy with the 3. Really just salt in to wound for my under covered Torch though.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I enjoyed the intro node. Those three, with quite cheap powers, were good fun together. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Other (please explain)
    2 t10 finishes in pve plus prog covers means I don't have much trouble collecting 10 covers, but I just don't care anymore.
    Dilution makes sure that new chars won't hit 340+ before the game shuts down, and guys like Hammercap are an abomination even at low levels.

While someone like Juggs might be good at high levels, there's no point trying to grow him, because the next broken 4 might be just around the corner.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    yeah I quit on trying to get 10 covers for shield training a while back because it is pointless- I focus on new 4s I like instead , I am off the treadmill
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is an easy way to get a cover for a new character and it's very easy for me to have all the required characters
    I never place in PVP, but by playing competitive in PVE and using Bonus Heroes only on the new 4* I've been able to usually have the 4* champed by Shield Training, if not, then definitely at 10 covers. 

But in doing that, my Grocket that I'd love to build up stays stagnant, as do the feeders that I would love to put levels into.  Ah well.  As Miles would say, "it's a choice".
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't pay much attention to getting all the required characters for Shield Training: if I have them, I have them, if I don't, I don't.
    I hoard so I will never have all of the required characters since they almost always include a recent 4* in them.  If it is all classic 4*, then I am ok.  I don't chase after the new 4* since hoarding is more valuable than one random new 4* cover to me. 
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2019
    I've pretty much given up on using BH to chase new characters. My last hoard of 65 Heroics and 67 LL pulls gave me 1 4* BH. Unfortunately this is consistent, with my BH rate consistently low. Makes Shield Training meaningless to me if they continue with the requirement of a new character.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    rg72 said:
    I've pretty much given up on using BH to chase new characters. My last hoard of 65 Heroics and 67 LL pulls gave me 1 4* BH. Unfortunately this is consistent, with my BH rate consistently low. Makes Shield Training meaningless to me if they continue with the requirement of a new character.
    That reminds me of when I tried getting covers for Juggs when he went into tokens. 88 heroics, like 600-700 cp and pulled from classics and I got only one Juggs and that cover was a BH from a heroic.
  • Manggy
    Manggy Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    By the end of this PVE I would have 6 covers for 4*Torch and 480 CPs. Maybe if I had 8 covers it would be worth spending 240 CPs to get him to level 209 (what I did for- ugh- Mysterio) and get the shield training cover for SM2099, but spending all of that to level up a character I don’t really care for to get one cover of another character I’m not so hot on seems excessive.
    probably better to focus on covering WorthyCap (who, at this rate, seems like won’t be a required character in a shield training any time soon- unless this is another cruel joke) and just bonus hero SM2099 later when I feel like compensating for the one cover I didn’t get.
    sounds like a good strategy?
  • Jwallyr
    Jwallyr Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Is an good way to get a cover for a new character but it's somewhat difficult for me to have all the required characters
    Ever since they virtually guaranteed that at least one essential will have run maybe 2 or 3 times outside of their release events, ST has become exemplary of the worst, grindy qualities of PvE. It goes like this:

"Ugh, I really don't care about (new character). They don't do anything useful with my roster."

"Wait- if I don't push hard on their release event and/or the first 2 or 3 times they run, I'll be behind on the next character, and that character might be someone I care about."

So I find myself as a fairly committed player being forced to either grind hard in events that aren't particularly entertaining to get covers for characters that don't excite me, or essentially give up on trying to stay "up to date" for purposes of SHIELD Training and just accept that I'll be at a disadvantage in trying to build up a new 4 that happens to actually inspire my interest. With the 4star "meta" as stale as it is, the odds are against any given new 4 being particularly noteworthy, so it feels like grinding to ensure that I can keep grinding to ensure that I can keep grinding just in case something interesting happens.

AKA feels like a job, not a game.Giving us a few months to accumulate the newest of new characters would largely negate this issue. I know for myself that I surely will not be spending HP (i.e. real money) fishing in vaults and stores for extremely low odds to get (new 4) either way.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    My 0/2/3 Torch isn't even close, and I have zero interest in dipping into either my LT (329) or CP (3742) hoards to maybe possibly have a chance to get five covers for a 4* I will rarely use in order to get one cover for a 4* I will rarely use.

The way these things are going, I'm surprised they didn't just name him Spider-Man $20.99 and let you buy him.
    That's probably next weekend's deal.
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2019
    I'm new to MPQ or I don't enough 4* characters at the required level to participate in Shield Training for the new character cover.
    The current Shield mission is ridiculously difficult. My 4* torch has one cover...it has just been released....not nice MPQ.  I think Shield mission could be fun IF those requirements were 3* characters. Then everyone could play several missions. Now it is impossible, unless you buy a Hugh amount of covers.
    lvl 113 and Shield day 1041: still a beginner in Shield Missions 
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I'm new to MPQ or I don't enough 4* characters at the required level to participate in Shield Training for the new character cover.
    111MCH111 said:
    The current Shield mission is ridiculously difficult. My 4* torch has one cover...it has just been released....not nice MPQ.  I think Shield mission could be fun IF those requirements were 3* characters. Then everyone could play several missions. Now it is impossible, unless you buy a Hugh amount of covers.
    Shield missions status approx 7 finished, less then 50% :-(
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't pay much attention to getting all the required characters for Shield Training: if I have them, I have them, if I don't, I don't.
    Shield Training was never meant for 3* players. I have been through what you are experiencing now. Over time, you will be able to complete all the middle missions. 
  • 0zfest
    0zfest Posts: 69 Match Maker
     The problem is the same recurring issue that plagues this game, it's geared towards "whales".
    Don't think so ? how far in the shield training would you get as a low level shield level player.
    You might be able to try "a" node maybe. Then you get to stare at an event you can't do anything with for a week.
    I'm shield level 94+ and have been playing for over 1000 days and I didn't go very far (4 nodes).
    and the first character needed in the "individual training section is guess who you need ? The newest character in the entire game, call me crazy but wouldn't it make more sense for that character to be last in that line ?
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    0zfest said:
     The problem is the same recurring issue that plagues this game, it's geared towards "whales".
    Don't think so ? how far in the shield training would you get as a low level shield level player.
    You might be able to try "a" node maybe. Then you get to stare at an event you can't do anything with for a week.
    I'm shield level 94+ and have been playing for over 1000 days and I didn't go very far (4 nodes).
    and the first character needed in the "individual training section is guess who you need ? The newest character in the entire game, call me crazy but wouldn't it make more sense for that character to be last in that line ?
    You do realize you can play any of the training missions in that first row in any order, right? If you have a required character, you can play any of those in any order...