What 5* would you like to see get their first feeder?

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doctor Doom (God Emperor)
    The feeder system needs to be revamped and I believe is one of the solutions to dilution.  There should be more covers in 3* champ and 4* champ rewards and multiple characters covers in each.  There is no reason that 3* Cap shouldn't give out 3 Winter Soldier covers and 3 Worthy Cap covers for example.  Same idea with 4*. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure the vote for Don't Care applies.  I don't care which 5 gets a feeder as long as they all eventually get one.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gambit (Classic)
    The reason I assume no feeders are coming is because they filled in every event on the Anniversary link (helpshift) except the HP sale, which is normally something they wait to the last minute to announce for obvious reasons.

And the recent feeders have been announced with plenty of lead time.

WHY there is no feeder, I can't say.  But I will be beyond surprised to see one in the next 6 days, let alone 2.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cable (Nathan Summers)
     Also,  communication in the forum is way down on the priority list. 

How can communication be way down on the priority list when the Forums are supposed to have a Community Manager?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gambit (Classic)
    On topic, I'm tossing my vote to Gambit.  Mine is 4/2/5, so any level 300 character with a feeder will finish him.  I'm VERY excited to pair him with Storm as I believe that'll be a fun combo and I like playing pairs that while not meta, bring the best out of one another (like Daredevil and Fisk).
  • bluewolf
    Gambit (Classic)
    OJSP said:
    Does anybody know what happens if we've sold a lvl 370 4* before they got announced as a feeder? Would we still get the 6 covers?
    No, you won’t. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    One of the Latest Legends (please specify)
    OJSP said:
    Does anybody know what happens if we've sold a lvl 370 4* before they got announced as a feeder? Would we still get the 6 covers?
    Are people seriously flipping 4s? Man, that is really disheartening for my game. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    None/Don’t Care/Want to watch the forums burn
    jp1 said:
    OJSP said:
    Are people seriously flipping 4s? Man, that is really disheartening for my game. 
    I'm not even close to being a whale, and I have 14 champed 4* dupes.
    Yeah, people have 370s. A lot of them.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Daredevil217 Thanks for putting your attention on my comment and missing out on others' comments which went off course talking about dilution and other unrelated comments. I guess it's fine to have comments that resonates with you.

The last one is not an attack, but more of an observation based on past announcements where newer 4* were announced as feeders, like 4* Black Panther feeding 5* Black Panther. They prefer older 4* to feed 5*. 
  • bluewolf
    Gambit (Classic)
    I think that the scarcity of feeders means players will take what we get. But the recent feeders have not been new characters. 

My guess is they don’t mind giving a few more 5’s out since they are spacing it out so much?  Doesn’t impact their rewards budget as much. 

Maybe there will never be another feeder. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gambit (Classic)

The last one is not an attack, but more of an observation based on past announcements where newer 4* were announced as feeders, like 4* Black Panther feeding 5* Black Panther. They prefer older 4* to feed 5*. 
    Who was the comment about 2099 feeding Doom in response to? You didn’t quote anyone. So I assume me as the OP, but again I didn’t say anything about if we would be getting feeders or whether they would be old or new characters.

I guess I don’t understand who you are responding to or the point you are trying to make. There were definitely comments in this thread about whether   we will get feeders, and what people believe the release rate should be, but I didn’t see any comments in here on old versus new characters feeding. So it seems out of place to drop a “If X were announced as a feeder for Y, people will just complain”. Umm... okay. 

So you’d like to see Doom fed? Cool. Thanks for voting!
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    Kitty Pryde (Uncanny X-Men)
    I'm not in a position to use feeders effectively right now, so burn mother hee-haw, burn.
    The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire?
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Archangel (Classic)
    MegaBee said:
    My Archangel is 5/1/5 with six saved covers, and I'd quite like some of those champ rewards.
    I'll second this, but in my case the reason is to get all 5* champed.  There are a few others in the 10-12 cover range but he's languishing behind on only 5-6 covers.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    bluewolf said:
    OJSP said:
    No, you won’t. 
    Oh well.. as long as the next feeders are not Rulk, Teen Jean, Iron Fist, Cyclops, Deadpool and Thor, I'm okay then.. :lol:

jp1 said:
    Why? I find rostering too many dupes inefficient. It's not like my overall gameplay or results change that much. I've had my share of fun using them when boosted and I've used them much much less than before. I've got their dupes championed, so I decided to sell them. I'm still on 265 roster slots because of that. If I was uber competitive, then yes, having many duplicate 2*s  could be the difference between winning an event or not (or we could just spend a health pack :open_mouth: ).

The only oversight was not considering they might become feeders, but I'll get over it.
    Just the amount of time it takes to actually max champ a 4 mixed with increasing dilution makes flipping them an idea I’m not comfortable with. Flipping 3s is annoying enough for me, to each their own though...no shade.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Professor X has a natural feeder
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Did someone decide that 5* feeders characters were a bad idea in the first place, so they're trying to kill them alltogether?
    I kind of wonder if it isn't more like this... If there were no 5*s, there would be far more parity in the game and much less of a sense of dilution contributing to the unattainability of the vaunted "5* game."
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I'd love Dr Doom feeders. I'd immediately favorite Doom, his 4* feeder, and the 3* that feeds that 4* (if applicable). 

Love me some Doom.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hela (Goddess of Death)
    5* characters are fine since they provide something to chase; 5* Players on the other hand, have caught the thing and aren't as motivated as people with partial builds maybe? lol

I was playing Iceman in the DP v MPQ story earlier, and I forgot how fun he is even at the 2/1/3 build I currently have. I'd hope he gets a feeder quickly upon exit to Classic assuming I can't finish him up.