Dino Crash giving 2019 Fan Favorite token - results

Comments

• IYeaheahI
    IYeaheahI Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I finally got my 13th dr strange cover (yellow). Very happy about that!
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    jp1 said:
    Logan was a pretty well received movie. Further, despite the fact most people don’t like the X-men movies, most people still love Wolverine.

Check all the chances he got as a headliner. Even after the horrible origins movie. 

Being new to the game doesn’t necessarily correlate with being new to comics either. Wolvie was always a favorite of mine growing up, couldn’t have cared less about Iron man (the movies made his popularity rocket). Wolverine has the most epic fights and a fascinating and well crafted history in the comics. A comic fan is more likely to love him than Iron man IMO. Movie guys, I think you’re right...it’s Avengers all day, unfortunately.
    I mean there’s a reason they call it “Wolverine publicity” he’s been used on comic covers to advertise comics he’s not even in. I’m kinda shocked he wasn’t on the poster for the Dark Phoenix movie.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Screen shotted and ticket submitted off my 2017 released Lockjaw. D3's terrible Customer Support messed me around on my 3rd Meet Rocket & Groot token THEY SCREWED UP ON, citing since I didn't know who I pulled from the token, they couldn't reimburse me for their mistake. Not messing around this time. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's going on here is a schedule gap.  The Anniversary is scheduled to start when the first PVP for it starts - that will be tomorrow.  For the Anniversary, they run a Devil Dino vs Squirrel Girl "Crash of the Titans" which awards a "Fan Favorites" Legendary Token.  That "Crash" started today (since the last one expired yesterday) but the Anniversary doesn't start until tomorrow.  Therefore the "Fan Favorites" is accessing the last time this store was run (last Anniversary?  I'm not sure - that seemed to be JJ, OML, and Strange and the graphic shows Kitty.  Did they run the Fan Favorites earlier this year?  I can't find it on search but I vaguely recall that happening.)
    Tomorrow when the Anniversary officially starts it will flip over to the new store.  My advice - if you like the old pool, draw now, otherwise wait.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    grumbLEGO said:
    jp1 said:
    Logan was a pretty well received movie. Further, despite the fact most people don’t like the X-men movies, most people still love Wolverine.

Check all the chances he got as a headliner. Even after the horrible origins movie. 

Being new to the game doesn’t necessarily correlate with being new to comics either. Wolvie was always a favorite of mine growing up, couldn’t have cared less about Iron man (the movies made his popularity rocket). Wolverine has the most epic fights and a fascinating and well crafted history in the comics. A comic fan is more likely to love him than Iron man IMO. Movie guys, I think you’re right...it’s Avengers all day, unfortunately.
    I mean there’s a reason they call it “Wolverine publicity” he’s been used on comic covers to advertise comics he’s not even in. I’m kinda shocked he wasn’t on the poster for the Dark Phoenix movie.
    The fact they could release two movies without Wolvie says a lot. Logan was great but it is not a movie that would put Wolverine back and centre in the superhero world. And I have been a Marvel fan for 40 years so yeah, I know all about the Wolverine overload but whilst he was in effective limbo I think his importance has lessened. I have said it many times though: forget anything else, the single most important decision in the MCU next is what happens to Wolverine. Casting is massive, making him cool even more so. That is the future though.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a Mysterio cover, bringing him to 4/4/4. Any cover works for the 13th!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    GrimSkald said:
    What's going on here is a schedule gap.  The Anniversary is scheduled to start when the first PVP for it starts - that will be tomorrow.  For the Anniversary, they run a Devil Dino vs Squirrel Girl "Crash of the Titans" which awards a "Fan Favorites" Legendary Token.  That "Crash" started today (since the last one expired yesterday) but the Anniversary doesn't start until tomorrow.  Therefore the "Fan Favorites" is accessing the last time this store was run (last Anniversary?  I'm not sure - that seemed to be JJ, OML, and Strange and the graphic shows Kitty.  Did they run the Fan Favorites earlier this year?  I can't find it on search but I vaguely recall that happening.)
    Tomorrow when the Anniversary officially starts it will flip over to the new store.  My advice - if you like the old pool, draw now, otherwise wait.
    The Fan Favorites store is only run during Anniversary, driven by the poll they do (I think this year's was held in early August) where they asked us our favorite characters in each tier (and this time asked us why).

Earlier in the year they had the meta "Favorite Legends" store with Kitty, Thor, Okoye.  Not the same thing.

This Fan Favorites Store image with Kitty on the button says at the bottom "Featuring 2019's fan favorites!" and people are pulling Brokencap from it, so I see no reason to doubt that this year's Fan Fave store won't be the Strange/OML/Kitty as people have been reporting.  It's much harder to guess how they are weighting the favorite 4's.

Regardless of the "schedule gap" they could have arranged communication to tell us what was up with this, or delayed the DDQ a day, or something. But hey, we are all playing every day no matter what, so what's the difference?
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Yet another 4 on a long 5 drought that I've been having lately.

Can't even remember the 4...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    If anyone still has their token, you can just check the odds button to see who is in the 5* slot rather than guessing from the art. Assuming that button is there on an "expired" token. I thought something was odd as I blew through the token gathering screen and it was blurry as if I'd never seen the 5* pic before, then i just used it as well without checking who was there.

I got that old fan-favorite: Nick Fury for my trouble. 

I would imagine that if there were any usage polling metrics involved, an old-timer like Old Man Logan probably has a wildly skewed usage number compared to actual favorites that have a more recent vintage I'd guess.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    If anyone still has their token, you can just check the odds button to see who is in the 5* slot rather than guessing from the art. Assuming that button is there on an "expired" token. I thought something was odd as I blew through the token gathering screen and it was blurry as if I'd never seen the 5* pic before, then i just used it as well without checking who was there.

I got that old fan-favorite: Nick Fury for my trouble. 

I would imagine that if there were any usage polling metrics involved, an old-timer like Old Man Logan probably has a wildly skewed usage number compared to actual favorites that have a more recent vintage I'd guess.
    There's no odds button on that screen.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Bowgentle said:
    There's no odds button on that screen.
    Damn.. got sniped again..
    You get points for verbosity, though.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    GrimSkald said:
    The Fan Favorites store is only run during Anniversary, driven by the poll they do (I think this year's was held in early August) where they asked us our favorite characters in each tier (and this time asked us why).

Earlier in the year they had the meta "Favorite Legends" store with Kitty, Thor, Okoye.  Not the same thing.

This Fan Favorites Store image with Kitty on the button says at the bottom "Featuring 2019's fan favorites!" and people are pulling Brokencap from it, so I see no reason to doubt that this year's Fan Fave store won't be the Strange/OML/Kitty as people have been reporting.  It's much harder to guess how they are weighting the favorite 4's.

Regardless of the "schedule gap" they could have arranged communication to tell us what was up with this, or delayed the DDQ a day, or something. But hey, we are all playing every day no matter what, so what's the difference?
    The "Favorite Legends" Store must be what I'm thinking of.

So you think this is the actual store rather than the old store?  I guess we'll see tomorrow, I'll hold my token just for the heck of it.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Pulled a peggy for chmp lvl that pushed my cp stockpile over 400 which is anew high for me, but that still isn't a big stockpile :)
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Red Kitty Pryde, putting her to 5/1/5 with 6 saved covers. Do purple covers of her exist in the wild?
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor
    GrimSkald said:
    bluewolf said:
    GrimSkald said:

The "Favorite Legends" Store must be what I'm thinking of.

So you think this is the actual store rather than the old store?  I guess we'll see tomorrow, I'll hold my token just for the heck of it.
    No it's not an old store.  Last store was JJ Logan Strange
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Got a 4* carol which gave me a 5* carol and puts her at 11 covers
  • shap328
    shap328 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    4* Jean + bonus green Juggs (5/5/2 with 5 saved now). Jean gave me a LL. Gave me a yellow Venom (10th cover).
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled Peggy. Don’t recall the color, it was a champ reward.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:
    Red Kitty Pryde, putting her to 5/1/5 with 6 saved covers. Do purple covers of her exist in the wild?
    I'm sayin'. Mine is at 4/1/3. I haven't gotten a bonus 5* in forever.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Dang it. The only one I want in that vault is Kitty. I can't justify busting the hoard with OML and Strange being the partners. I'm going to hold out hope for another Thor, Okoye, Kitty vault in 6 months. Or another meta 5. Or just hitting 10,000 CP in my hoard, which at this point seems more achievable than champing a meta 5*.