Dino Crash giving 2019 Fan Favorite token - results

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
So.....I guess the Anniversary started today?

Beating the Dino Crash gives you a Fan Favorite token which appears to be for the 2019 store (based on the text) but says "post event".

Because......yeah.  I suppose the store officially opens tomorrow?  WHO KNOWS?????

Anyway, the art shows OML, Kitty (on the token opening button) along with Peggy and Teen Jean.

I got my 13th OML, so finally champed him 4 years later.  Not bad!

How's about you?

Comments

• 0_Fahrenheit
    0_Fahrenheit Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Got one level for Kitty: 25 CP
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    But why is it a post event token? Lol. This is crazy we dont even know who the 3rd is.

I opened mine and got xforce deadpool.
  • Neoktheone
    Neoktheone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Got a Chavez before I realized it was a stockpiled token. Maybe should’ve waited for the store to officially open. It’s gone now in my game.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a Worthy Cap, so I'm not complaining too much.
    Still, the rollout boggles the mind, as usual.
  • Neoktheone
    Neoktheone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    tiomono said:
    But why is it a post event token? Lol. This is crazy we dont even know who the 3rd is.

I opened mine and got xforce deadpool.
    Maybe they’re trying something new with just two 5’s. Probably not with lower costs...
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Kitty ,OML and 5Strange are the 3 based on ally mate puls.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a Kitty cover , not complaining 
  • bluewolf
    It says "Post Event" because there's no "Pre-Event" text in the code, is my guess.

The game looks at the token and looks for the store, if it's not open it says "post-event" and "Use your Stockpiled Recruit Tokens" (sometimes).

This may be the first time they've given us a token for a store that isn't open yet.  Surprise!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    bowla33 said:
    But how do we know there are only 3?

This is just poor game management. They can do better.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm expecting it to change from being a post-event at daily update, or more likely, noon.
  • bluewolf
    tiomono said:
    bowla33 said:
    But how do we know there are only 3?

This is just poor game management. They can do better.
    Last year's store was 3 5's at 15%, 12 4's at 50% odds and the rest at 50% odds.  I expect the same this year.

They never told us officially that the Doom costume is in VIP now.  Nor did they post about the Hammercap update.

The fun continues.
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Got a blue 5*Strange cover.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why is OML a fan favorite? He kind of sucks, and I’m a huge Wolvie fan. I have him at 12 covers, still not pulling from that store. 

Power creep has made him irrelevant. I question him actually being voted in.
  • bluewolf
    jp1 said:
    Why is OML a fan favorite? He kind of sucks, and I’m a huge Wolvie fan. I have him at 12 covers, still not pulling from that store. 

How long do you think the average player has been playing?

Joe Casual knows one thing:  His favorite Marvel Superhero is Wolverine.

Has no idea what a 5* does.  Downloaded the game 100 days ago, still working on finishing his 3 Strange if he's that far.
  • jp1
    bluewolf said:
    jp1 said:

Has no idea what a 5* does.  Downloaded the game 100 days ago, still working on finishing his 3 Strange if he's that far.
    Yeah, I guess. I feel sorry for the poor soul who champs OML as their first simply because he is a favorite. He is so bad that I leave him for last any time I encounter him because he poses absolutely no threat. 

I’ll champ him myself eventually despite that, just because of my love for Wolverine. But that will have no effect on my MMR or game at this point. It would be awesome if they would just buff his HP, damage, and healing rate since he is always featured as a favorite.

At least in this store they have equal value odds at champing Kitty alongside him.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Yellow 5* Strange. Brings me to 8 covers. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    jp1 said:

I disagree - Joe Casual is more likely to be an Iron Man fan. Wolverine has been either dead in the comics or missing from the movies for a while now with his comeback not really setting any worlds on fire. Or Joe Casual is a Spider-Man fan, as they should be.
  • jp1
    Logan was a pretty well received movie. Further, despite the fact most people don’t like the X-men movies, most people still love Wolverine.

Check all the chances he got as a headliner. Even after the horrible origins movie. 

Being new to the game doesn’t necessarily correlate with being new to comics either. Wolvie was always a favorite of mine growing up, couldn’t have cared less about Iron man (the movies made his popularity rocket). Wolverine has the most epic fights and a fascinating and well crafted history in the comics. A comic fan is more likely to love him than Iron man IMO. Movie guys, I think you’re right...it’s Avengers all day, unfortunately.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2019
    Bowgentle said:
    I got a Worthy Cap, so I'm not complaining too much.
    Still, the rollout boggles the mind, as usual.

Worthy Cap still shows as NEW so it means this token is pulling from when he enters tokens tomorrow when the new season starts... you essentially time travelled a bit!