Anniversary is coming...is it time to champ Devil Dino?

13»

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Other - please indicate preferably with a dinosaur reference
    On Marvel.com there's an article about MPQ Anniversary.  Medusa and Devil Dino are getting costumes.  DD's costume is listed as dapper dino (Medusa's is best hair), no pic yet, but the smoking jacket is sounding like a safe bet  :)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    On Marvel.com there's an article about MPQ Anniversary.  Medusa and Devil Dino are getting costumes.  DD's costume is listed as dapper dino (Medusa's is best hair), no pic yet, but the smoking jacket is sounding like a safe bet  :)
    Sweet...as long as it isn't 75 bucks 😶
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rawhrr! Chomp chomp!!! Yes!!!!
    I’m about 25k iso shy of champing Devil D. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    jamesh said:
    Where does this come from?  I've seen on this forum people referring to DD as a she, but even the game lists him as a "he".  Is this some Odinson/Jane Foster thing that happened in the comics?  

There was a comic (Heroes for Hire, circa 2007) where Devil Dinosaur was found with a clutch of eggs, with the assumption that DD had laid the eggs.

I don't think it has ever been brought up again, with later comics referring to the character as male.

From HowStuffWorks:

"But eggs aren't always the best indicator. It might seem like a skeleton perched atop a nest of eggs belonged to a female, but it's just as likely that male dinosaurs, like male emus and ostriches, were the ones that did the brooding."

Because science.

Sure, but it was characters in the comic making the assumption rather than me (from Heroes for Hire #10):

It's also worth noting that there are no other potential mothers for the eggs shown in the comic.  Interestingly, they're still using male pronouns despite Misty and Colleen believing that DD laid the eggs.

• CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I remember last 2 years before I champed my dino. Feels good (and old), with this 6th anniversary, he will be at level 300+. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was able to champ him between pve ending and starting last night with 8 saved. LT was good for a G4mora lvl298. So far I feel about the same as yesterday though...