Class of 2013 PVP

jtmagee
jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
Anyone else feel it is a major fail to not have any character from said class be a required character to be played? Granted, since XFW (4* Wolverine for those new to the forum) is the only 4*, we may see a lot of basic teams, but at least it would be a nice change to at least only have certain options for the required character, since this is a “puzzle” game after all. 

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep it would stop the bishop gritty fest. Instead I’m playing to 16 wins or 575 on these and chucking out said team and walking away.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or "To heck with this garbage"
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ran an all-X-Force squad of Domino/XFDP/XFW, which is a fun board shake team but has about 0 defensive chops lol. All these Shield Simulator, but with Boosts! events are crazy not fun for my roster. I kind of miss the older novelty off-season events like the 2 character one. Then we could dispense with the formality of a third and ONLY see Gritty, Thorkoye, and Bishessica rather than the occasional random 3rd person.
  • Farmerbink
    Farmerbink Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    It's a complete missed opportunity in every way.  Could have been a few weeks of interesting and new interplay.

Instead, it's not.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ran an all-X-Force squad of Domino/XFDP/XFW, which is a fun board shake team but has about 0 defensive chops lol. All these Shield Simulator, but with Boosts! events are crazy not fun for my roster. I kind of miss the older novelty off-season events like the 2 character one. Then we could dispense with the formality of a third and ONLY see Gritty, Thorkoye, and Bishessica rather than the occasional random 3rd person.
    I say since it's off season, a one on one event.  Think about it, there's a counter for most characters.  You won't have to see Gritty, Bishop, etc. ad nauseum... though one on one, the new Juggs would be annoying as Bishop... 
  • shinnaruto
    shinnaruto Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Don't forget, we have 2 more of these: Class of 2014 and Class of 2015. Lots of Shield Sim to go around!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love a 1 on 1 tournament. I wish that Sakaar Arena was a series of 1v1 lightning rounds rather than just regular lightning rounds, it would be more thematic that way.

I would love these Class Of events if they only allowed characters released that year rather than boosting them. What would it be like to suddenly be in 3* only PVP? 
  • Farmerbink
    Farmerbink Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    I would love a 1 on 1 tournament. I wish that Sakaar Arena was a series of 1v1 lightning rounds rather than just regular lightning rounds, it would be more thematic that way.

I would love these Class Of events if they only allowed characters released that year rather than boosting them. What would it be like to suddenly be in 3* only PVP? 
    I'd have to remember what 80% of the 3* tier does.  It would honestly be a lot of fun, to me.
  • Waddles_Pines
    OOOOOO, what about a relegation PVP?  Since they have stats on usage, boost the bottom 20% 4* and have it locked to those characters plus 1*/2*/3* (so players in those tiers aren't locked out).  Caveats being no new character as of X date (to not skew the data), and then let the purge begin.  The bottom 10% in terms of losses get culled from the game (or top 10% in terms of wins get saved).  D3 would then have to give back hp/iso/lt or whatever to offset the purge, but that's one way to handle dilution ;)
  • Waddles_Pines
    Also, if we're doing 2013, I want environmental tiles back... i'm looking at you hot dog stand  :D
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    It's the same issue I had with Ooops All spiders event a few months ago. If you're naming the event that way and boosting all spider characters, lock out other characters, period, and have it be an all out webs brawl. They need to consider that rosters are deep enough to have limited characters, especially for an off season event, where the points really don't matter. 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor

This just sounds like business as usual - not really a fail - were we expecting anything different?

How about a total revert to 2013 - pre-re-work characters, old level caps, enviro tiles, no shield cool-downs... so many things that coulda been done.

• Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    I would've liked to have seen everyone locked out apart from the featured characters. I'm still having fun with my X-Force Wolverine, Magneto, GSBW combo though - such a fun team once you're up and running.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Oh, man. They're doing a mini-Sim for each year?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well... I Bishoped my way to around 1100 and couldn’t get further because everyone else is Bishoping as well. Not taking on that suicide mission. Sorry to the guy I double tapped for 15 points... working as intended. Sorry to all the low level rosters I beat on for 9 points each because they didn’t have Bishop... working as intended. Sorry to the two people who took defensive losses... working as intended. Congrats to the two people who beat me (2-2 overall on D). Weird just floating around in the last 6 hours skipping and skipping, not getting hit (aside from the above mentioned 4 times) despite being the only unshielded person in the top twenty. Working as intended I’m sure. Anyway, I’m shielding out. Tired of scrolling through an endless sea of either 4 point 4* rosters or Bishop teams. I don’t think I’m going to get that 1200 points. Ah well. 

Bring on 2014 Sim!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    I came across a Howard the Duck team!!! It was so gloriously random, I salute you player whose name I have now forgotten.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Well... I Bishoped my way to around 1100 and couldn’t get further because everyone else is Bishoping as well. Not taking on that suicide mission. Sorry to the guy I double tapped for 15 points... working as intended. Sorry to all the low level rosters I beat on for 9 points each because they didn’t have Bishop... working as intended. Sorry to the two people who took defensive losses... working as intended. Congrats to the two people who beat me (2-2 overall on D). Weird just floating around in the last 6 hours skipping and skipping, not getting hit (aside from the above mentioned 4 times) despite being the only unshielded person in the top twenty. Working as intended I’m sure. Anyway, I’m shielding out. Tired of scrolling through an endless sea of either 4 point 4* rosters or Bishop teams. I don’t think I’m going to get that 1200 points. Ah well. 

Bring on 2014 Sim!
    Hmmm, I beat on all the bishop teams to 1348 points.

I didn't think I was so great at this game since obviously you wouldn't use hyperbole like "suicide mission" unless it was true.
    Edit- which slice you going for in class of 2014? I'll happily increase your hit total.

#savebishop
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards

Bring on 2014 Sim!
    Hmmm, I beat on all the bishop teams to 1348 points.

I didn't think I was so great at this game since obviously you wouldn't use hyperbole like "suicide mission" unless it was true.
    Edit- which slice you going for in class of 2014? I'll happily increase your hit total.

#savebishop
    Are you willing to share your strategy? Seems most people dont know how or aren't willing to try beating bishop. I also sat unshielded in slice 1.1 974 points 18th place. I had 3 or 4 defensive losses the whole event, not a single shield used. It was players with a 30 to 40 level advantage over my kitty that were beating me.