Release Notes: R187 (9/17/19)

Options
13»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,668 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love most Marvel characters but will gladly say that Spider-Man 2099 is not one of them. So fine, whatever but I actually wouldn't mind if he is limited as I don't really care.
  • dingo
    dingo Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This has got to be some sort of sick joke..... Stop. Releasing. Spider. Characters. Please.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 517 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've never been much of a Peter fan, but I'm glad that Miggy has finally arrived. Spider Spiderverse-wise, Spider-Gwen is the only other character I've been excited for. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The bigger news is that we are getting 3 4* in a row, which has not happened in a very long time.  Very nice for 5* players who wanted them to slow down releases so we have time to catch our breath.
  • Monsoon3
    Monsoon3 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The bigger news is that we are getting 3 4* in a row, which has not happened in a very long time.  Very nice for 5* players who wanted them to slow down releases so we have time to catch our breath.
    Have to say that is pretty exciting as well. With my 5/2/4 5* Storm, 2/4/3 5* Iceman, and 4/1/1 Prof$, that extra 6 weeks before the next 5* could even roll into LL tokens will give me plenty of time to hoard to possible champ Storm.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After updating the count, even with another Spider, Spider-Verse is still only the 7th most populated affiliation group:

Heroes: 154
    Team Cap: 59
    Avengers: 58
    Villains: 41
    X-Men: 38
    Team Iron-Man: 33
    Spider-Verse: 11 (prior to 2099's release)

I won't post the whole list here, other than to put in a bid for those poor Young Avengers who still only have a group of 3: America Chavez, Kate Bishop, Wiccan

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,341 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Monsoon3 said:
    Have to say that is pretty exciting as well. With my 5/2/4 5* Storm, 2/4/3 5* Iceman, and 4/1/1 Prof$, that extra 6 weeks before the next 5* could even roll into LL tokens will give me plenty of time to hoard to possible champ Storm.
    I'm not going to be surprised if the next 5 is 10/17, which could mean that Latests could update as soon as 5 weeks from now.

But it could still be 6 if there is an HP store release first.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Monsoon3 said:
    I’m relieved too. 7/2/5 for Storm, 1/6/8 for Iceman, 3/3/3 Prof X. I’m pulling tokens as I go, and they are coming in, but not the colours I need.
    This is the first time I’ve attempted to cover the 3 x latest, so I’m not used to praying to RNJesus. But please, just let this be done so I can start hoarding again...
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I need 1 Storm and 2 Iceman to be good. The Prof X covers have been coming in and I’d prefer they stop at this point 😂 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:
    After updating the count, even with another Spider, Spider-Verse is still only the 7th most populated affiliation group:

Heroes: 154
    Team Cap: 59
    Avengers: 58
    Villains: 41
    X-Men: 38
    Team Iron-Man: 33
    Spider-Verse: 11 (prior to 2099's release)

I won't post the whole list here, other than to put in a bid for those poor Young Avengers who still only have a group of 3: America Chavez, Kate Bishop, Wiccan

I'd call it 5th for practical purposes. The Heroes and Villains affiliations are kind of "extras", since essentially everyone in the game is in one or the other.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Whilst I'm glad that Spidey 2099 will make for some new combinations in the Spiderverse group, I still have never had any interest in him whatsoever so I can't hide my disappointment that he is the featured Anniversary character. However I remember similarfeelings towards Taskmaster (Who?!?!?) last year so you can't please all of the people etc, blah de blah. Hopefully there are a whole bunch of excited 2099 fans out there who will dig this release. At least it wasn't Judge Dredd Punisher 2099. Geez, the costume alone still gives me nightmares!
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Marvel is having a big 2099 push coming in the next month or so - about 7 one-shots including Mr. Spider, and a bookending pair of 2099 Alpha/Omega.

So while there are probably some players who were looking for Spidey 2099, there was also very likely some incentive Marvel provided for releasing Mr. O'Hara.

Side note:  I was very excited about Taskmaster as I have loved the character for years, but unfortunately they didn't make him someone that is of any use to me.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Marvel is having a big 2099 push coming in the next month or so - about 7 one-shots including Mr. Spider, and a bookending pair of 2099 Alpha/Omega.

So while there are probably some players who were looking for Spidey 2099, there was also very likely some incentive Marvel provided for releasing Mr. O'Hara.

Side note:  I was very excited about Taskmaster as I have loved the character for years, but unfortunately they didn't make him someone that is of any use to me.
    Agreed on Taskmaster, a missed opportunity but they might have a chance to revisit it next year via the Black Widow movie. We might even get another Yelena!!! They will probably give her 3 passives to make up for all the AP we had to stockpile to use the 1* version!

As for 2099 - that makes sense then. Oh well, it isn't a period of Marvel that ever interested me, in fact that counts for probably 75% of the 90's, lol!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Whilst I'm glad that Spidey 2099 will make for some new combinations in the Spiderverse group, I still have never had any interest in him whatsoever so I can't hide my disappointment that he is the featured Anniversary character. However I remember similarfeelings towards Taskmaster (Who?!?!?) last year so you can't please all of the people etc, blah de blah. Hopefully there are a whole bunch of excited 2099 fans out there who will dig this release. At least it wasn't Judge Dredd Punisher 2099. Geez, the costume alone still gives me nightmares!
    It could have been Ravage...

• bluewolf
    Options
    Somehow they decided that Ravage 2099 was undeserving of a one-shot this year.

Look for:
    Fantastic Four 2099
    Punisher 2099
    Conan 2099
    Spider-Man 2099
    Ghost Rider 2099
    Doom 2099
    Venom 2099

Or not....these books weren't all that great, although Spidey was pretty good.
  • LordRayne
    LordRayne Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Greenroom said:
    I second a Knull powered Cletus 
    Is this seriously a thing? That word literally means f c u k in Scandinavian languages. Obviously I had to misspell the word, but you get the gist.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LordRayne said:
    Greenroom said:
    Is this seriously a thing? That word literally means f c u k in Scandinavian languages. Obviously I had to misspell the word, but you get the gist.
    Yeah, he's the power behind the current Absolute Carnage storyline. I guess Marvel isn't as diligent in checking their made-up names against other languages as some creators are ;)
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Null:  a zero, nothing. Everyone dead, I guess. 

Add a K for Krazy!  And you’ve named an evil god. 

I bet good money the writer wishes it was spelled “Karnage”.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    LordRayne said:
    Greenroom said:
    Yeah, he's the power behind the current Absolute Carnage storyline. I guess Marvel isn't as diligent in checking their made-up names against other languages as some creators are ;)
    In the 80's, Marvel openly used the word "W****r" (It rhymes with Anchor) both in the pages of Captain America and an X-Men Annual! The Editors apparently didn't have an issue with it until they were made aware of their faux-pas although of course it was a source of great amusement to us Brits.

The very worst one though was when they ran the replacement Captain America storyline where Super Patriot took over. His friend Lemar took over as Bucky. The problem was that he was an African American and in parts of Sourthern America "buck" was considered a racial slur for African American men. He quickly became Battlestar but what an awful thing not to have done due diligence on.
  • shinnaruto
    shinnaruto Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    If we are going to keep getting iterations of Spider-Man, then could we then get Spiders-Man???
    On a serious note, looking at those numbers, I would really like to see more of the villains in this game.