Release Notes: R187 (9/17/19)

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited October 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Apologize for the late notes here. As you can see though, not much to discuss for this version. Lots of changes, just nothing for players to directly see!

Here are the Release Notes for the R187 update.

R187!
  • "MAXimum time"
What's Changed:
  • Many updates to the backend and engine, nothing player facing
  • Updates to content to support new characters and events (like the upcoming Anniversary!)

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Really? The Maxx is the first comics crossover in MPQ? That’s an odd choice, but I can think of AbSoLuTeLy No MaRvEl CoMiC prominently starting with the word “MAX”.
    Though when you look up Marvel Max, MAX comics comes up. The Wiki article prominently mentions Rawhide Kid, who was revived (reborn) by MAX comics to star in his own magazine. A Star Is Reborn. The MAX comics depicted him as gay. And a cowboy. Hope one of his abilities is Eat Pudding.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm going to go with another Carnage (been seeing a lot of Maximum Carnage references lately), or FrankenCastle (Halloween, Anniversary limited character, and we refer to 4* Pun as Pun Max on the forums...)
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My guess is someone from the "Heroes Reborn" run.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Heroes_Reborn:_The_Return_Vol_1_4

Maybe a new Scarlett witch (Wanda MAXimoff)?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "MAXimum time."

No more time slices, please.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Options
    "MAX" is capitalised. The next character should be a 5-star. 

MAX + i + mum + time = Wanda Maximoff is a mum of two kids and she could manipulate reality or time. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Max Dillon!  Electro!  About time. 
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Maximum Carnage seems too easy but is the main focus of the comics right now. Theres a major x men event but we've had a ton of muties lately.

I second a Knull powered Cletus 
  • shardwick
    Options
    You know what I'd like to see in the next update? The ability to turn off in-game notifications for pvp attacks. It's really annoying having to close out notifications when I'm doing my pve grind because they keep popping up.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maximus would be pretty cool, we need more good supervillains!
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The first comic series published under the MAX line was Alias. We already have Jessica Jones, but could we be getting a 5* Kilgrave? He is imprisoned in the Raft at the end of the series, presumably for.. ahem.. MAXimum time

Besides, playable David Tennant, nuff said
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MrEd95 said:
    The first comic series published under the MAX line was Alias. We already have Jessica Jones, but could we be getting a 5* Kilgrave? He is imprisoned in the Raft at the end of the series, presumably for.. ahem.. MAXimum time

Besides, playable David Tennant, nuff said

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Really hope it’s S.Witch, we are long overdue another version of her 

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A lot of interesting potentials in the old MAX lineup from Marvel besides the Punisher: Max we already have. It's likely Carnage i guess, but here's the full list of Max books (from wikipedia):

Max Ant-Man and Deathlok miniseries were both solicited, but were cancelled before their release

Master of Kung-Fu is getting something on Disney Plus, could be to do with that. 

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Really hope it’s S.Witch, we are long overdue another version of her 

If it isn’t Omega Red, then I agree. 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Though a long shot (especially since I'm sure we'd be given a different clue), I'd love to get the Squadron Supreme up and running.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is the “A Star is reborn” clue worth anything or was that somehow related to Cap?

Looking it up just shows X-Babies and Possibly some stuff from House of M.

Also, I’m not too big on Quicksilver but could the MAXimum time thing possibly have to do with him instead of Wanda?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My guess is maximum Venom for the new Disney XD tie in.  Here is a link to the new venom coming to a TV or Disney App near you

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-maximum-venom-details-disney-xd/amp/

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only thing I have to add is that this is the 80th Anniversary of Marvel (hence the android Human Torch we just got), and it also happens to be 80 years until 2099, so Marvel is bringing back that time period with new 2099 comics this year.

And in 2099, a megacorp that makes everything for people (and thus is kinda like Oscorp, in that it's involved in a lot of stories and plots), is Alchemax.

So MAXimum Time could be a reference to Alcehmax and a different time period. 

Odds are that would mean Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara), since he's kinda been around and a part of Marvel events (Spider-Verse, and 2099 being part of Doom's Battleworld, and Miguel kinda just hanging around in 616 for a while) even without a focus on 2099 comics, but Doom, Ghost Rider, and Venom are also getting 2099 comics.

At the same time, I think those comics are November/December territory, so even if we did get some 2099 stuff (I could see costumes for people not given a character slot), it would be a little early for this release to be 2099 related.

I'm personally hoping for some Carnage, because the Absolute Carnage stuff is pretty cool. (though maybe fixing 5* Banner and giving us a Venom Hulk costume, that'd be super rad too)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A lot of interesting potentials in the old MAX lineup from Marvel besides the Punisher: Max we already have. It's likely Carnage i guess, but here's the full list of Max books (from wikipedia):
    Oops, the first one isn't the Destroyer I was thinking of. I kinda wanted MAX Drax ;)
    6* Cthulhu, anyone?
    Can never have too many versions of Howard for my taste.
  • shardwick
    Options
    Oops, the first one isn't the Destroyer I was thinking of. I kinda wanted MAX Drax ;)
    6* Cthulhu, anyone?
    Can never have too many versions of Howard for my taste.
    Or maybe a 6* Howard for Anniversary but he's only as strong as a *5.