R186 Release Notes (9/3/19)

13»

Comments

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    Most likely just wishful thinking, but i’d love to have a 4* pair of ‘worthy’ cap and ‘still worthy’ thor, that work together like 4* cage and fist. It could be made so that they share mjolnir between them.

The hammer starts on an active ability for thor that when used, becomes a passive ability, passing mjolnir over to cap (but only while worthy cap is in the team) converting his equivalent passive into an active power.

Then when cap has his turn with his active mjolnir power, it reverses, becoming a passive again, and turning thor’s back into his active.

I imagine it working in a similar way to cloak and dagger’s power switching, but as 2 separate characters that are designed to work together, but can still function well without the other.

I do however, appreciate that this may not be the best idea for competitive play, but with so many 4*s in the game, it might be a good to have a draw to use them for the purposes of fun, like how games are supposed to be.

Plus, it would be a great tie in to the dvd release of endgame
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    The past as a weapon. 

Mjölnir Cap? Mjölnir from the past? 
    Yeah plucked that one out of nowhere. Why exactly would you go cap instead of Thor, who actually brought the hammer back from the past.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Tony_Foot said:
    The past as a weapon. 

Yeah plucked that one out of nowhere. Why exactly would you go cap instead of Thor, who actually brought the hammer back from the past.
    Because we already have 2* and 3* Mjölnir Thor and female 4* Mjölnir Thor?
    Because another Thor might finally use Stormbreaker, since we don't have that yet?
    Because Cap is "from the past", thrown into our time after being frozen for 70 years?

Not really "plucked out of nowhere". 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holding out for Old Man Cap. Doesn't do anything but sit on a park bench and inspire Flaptain to be good.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holding out for Old Man Cap. Doesn't do anything but sit on a park bench and inspire Flaptain to be good.
    He would be a cool Support for Sam - "When equipped to Sam Wilson (Captain America) makes him actually useable".
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    blue, red, yellow and it's a 4*. 

I wish it was Omega Red but it smells like Captain America. Maybe Omega Red can stun opponents and that's where the blue comes from. 
    Blue is not always stun. It's often ap manipulation or heals as well. 5* tier has 11 blue powers that do not stun and only 7 that do stun. 

Ap theft with a heal might fit omega red. Doesnt he drain people of their life?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, no official announcement yet, but if you know where to look, there's new artwork visible out in the wild.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    So, no official announcement yet, but if you know where to look, there's new artwork visible out in the wild.
    I'm not sure where you're looking, but the new R187 icon has a Cap picture that doesn't look like anything in the game.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    JHawkInc said:
    I'm not sure where you're looking, but the new R187 icon has a Cap picture that doesn't look like anything in the game.
    I see scales on his suit, and an expression that looks suspiciously like the face he made after first using a certain familiar weapon
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Tony_Foot said:
    The past as a weapon. 

"I knew it!" 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Amazing guesswork, I bet by some miracle you know the next 5* too!

Want a clue?  :p
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    Amazing guesswork, I bet by some miracle you know the next 5* too!

Want a clue?  :p
    Please say it's "Mr. Greenjeans".
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonder Man (Simon Williams) is a movie star and was reborn after dying early on in comics. Memories were saved and put in a new body I think?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    Wonder Man (Simon Williams) is a movie star and was reborn after dying early on in comics. Memories were saved and put in a new body I think?
    Wonder Man's brain patterns were used to create The Vision.