R186 Release Notes (9/3/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited September 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R186 update.

R186!
  • "The Past as a Weapon"
What's Changed:
  • Contents in the Rewards Cache will now appear in the order that they were received.
  • Retreating to Apocalypse in the The X-Men vs Apocalypse event will now lock the mission node.
  • Fixed a bug where some animations extended off the screen

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    "The past as a weapon" 

Some kind of weapon plus reference? Weapon x wolverine, Fantomex, weapon H?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Past as a weapon.  So a character from the past, but also endgame just recently released to blue ray so I will guess red skull as a movie tie in!!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moira MacTaggert with the House of X/X-Men reboot?

Or Apocalypse since they just mentioned him in the notes... Hmmm...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Which character has terrible past and someone made use of it and manipulate him/her? 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you bailed on Apocalypse didn't it already lock the node?  I have had to bail a few times before due to bad boards and had to beat a sub node to unlock the Apocalypse fight again.   
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    "The Past as a Weapon"
    I suspect it is going to be another character linked to the 80 year anniversary.  There are only two characters that debuted in 1939 and are not in the game: Ka-Zar and Angel (not that Angel).  Given Ka-Zar's connection to the Savage Land, he's my pick.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby R185 broke alliance chat for Amazon players. Was it fixed with R186?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    The past as a weapon.
    Using your past against you? Fits Black Widow at the end of Winter Soldier, but with her in each tier already, that seems off.
    From the past to use as a weapon now? Would fit collecting the Stones from past timelines to use as a current weapon. Still think we should have a second 5* Iron Man, and he used the stones as a final weapon against Thanos’ forces. Or, maybe the Gamora from the past, now in present MCU. She was trained as a living weapon.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    And if it isn't an 80th anniversary tie-in, some comic characters it could relate to are:
    • Power-Man (Victor Alvarez) - turns knowledge of the history into chi that in turn fuels his powers.
    • Armor (Hisako Ichiki) - her armor is powered by the spirits of her dead ancestors
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Could be a time traveller like Kang?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Black Knight....uses an extremely old sword.  And that's kind of all he does.

Although they are probably holding him in their pocket until the Eshmernals movie now.

What I'd love to see is someone that does what Bishop does to help 4* folks in hard nodes, but isn't utterly broken, so that if they fix Bishop people have less to complain about.

Anyone else notice that the Gambit nerf happened after a new meta was solidly in the game?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Black Knight....uses an extremely old sword.  And that's kind of all he does.

Although they are probably holding him in their pocket until the Eshmernals movie now.

What I'd love to see is someone that does what Bishop does to help 4* folks in hard nodes, but isn't utterly broken, so that if they fix Bishop people have less to complain about.

Anyone else notice that the Gambit nerf happened after a new meta was solidly in the game?
    Sorry I have to defend the honour of Dane Whitman (other Black Knight's are exempt)! He was a member during my favourite period of the Avengers written by Roger Stern (so that is my version, obviously things may have changed) and as well as being a combat veteran from the Crusades no less (time travel), he is also a scientist, his sword is able to resist being cut by adamantium (he easily survived a fight with Wolverine) and can absorb energy (Zeus thunderbolt for one!) and most awesome of all he has a mechanical flying horse. I doubt any of that is still true but he was an awesome Avenger in the 80s.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Warbringa said:
    If you bailed on Apocalypse didn't it already lock the node?  I have had to bail a few times before due to bad boards and had to beat a sub node to unlock the Apocalypse fight again.   
    If I remember correctly, boss nodes only lock if you retreat with damage dealt. Since he starts the fight healing every round, you could retreat and try again if the conditions were right.

It's been a while since that's been a concern for me personally, so apologies in advance if I got the specifics wrong.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    A usable Devil Dinosaur.

That or Sauron.
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Sauron would be sweet. Nothing says Marvel like a pyschic vampire were-pterodactyl.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does Moon Girl use Devil Dinosaur as a weapon? That could fit the hint.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Greenroom said:
    Sauron would be sweet. Nothing says Marvel like a pyschic vampire were-pterodactyl.
    I was also thinking Sauron.  Especially with the resurgence of mutants being released.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    shardwick said:
    @Brigby R185 broke alliance chat for Amazon players. Was it fixed with R186?
    It appears so - fixed it for me at least.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm sure there's a way to tie this in to Omega Red somehow.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure how old Omega Red is supposed to be - Marvel says he was a soldier in the late '50s or '60s - but I'd say he qualifies pretty well, having been given his tentacles in 1968.

Not as well as, say, the Black Knight.....or Turner D. Century.....but he works.