R186 Release Notes (9/3/19)

Comments

• Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    In the 90s cartoon i believe there was an episode where a military guy found Omega Red entombed in a submarine or something and tried to use him for his own plans. As is always the case with resurrecting a monster, Red killed him and took over the operation himself.

Perfect story for "a weapon from the past" but not "the past as a weapon".

Definitely Moira Mctaggart with her  newly revealed mutant power of living multiple lives. Her weapon is the knowledge she gains from past lives.
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    P.S. 

Weak. Would prefer Red 1000 percent
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    R186!
    • "The Past as a Weapon"
    It's almost too easy to make it a 5* Dazzler clue...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    One hopes that if Omega Red isn't this character, that they are working on him at some point soon, as we continue with the lack of MCU content.  Until the firehose opens in 2020 and you have a movie or episode to consume every week or so.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    One hopes that if Omega Red isn't this character, that they are working on him at some point soon, as we continue with the lack of MCU content.  Until the firehose opens in 2020 and you have a movie or episode to consume every week or so.
    I suspect they have less time than that with Disney+ going live in two months...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    bluewolf said:
    I suspect they have less time than that with Disney+ going live in two months...
    It depends on what they do. Because the first D+ MCU content (Falcon and the Winter Soldier) isn't due until like August 2020, so we have an MCU drought until Black Widow releases theatrically in May.

But the actual launch of D+ would be a perfect time to drop a 5-star Iron Man based on one of the past two Avengers films. Kinda the way they drop characters with the Blu-Ray/DVD release, "Here's a new Iron Man, go see the movie with him on D+, available now!"
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    The past as a weapon. 

Mjölnir Cap? Mjölnir from the past? 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    Could be a time traveller like Kang?
    Kang has always been my #1 answer to the "Who would you like to see in the game?" poll, so I *really* hope this is the case!
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    The final season of Agents of Shield just dropped on Netflix; the formality of The Past in the clue makes me think of the time traveling thing they did with destroyer of worlds and some of the new season is related.
     Fitz/Simmons

If we are gonna continue the 80th Anniversary then I would totally go with KaZar because he uses a sabertooth tiger/savage land as a weapon. Sauron could also work.

Another guess would be Mr. Sinister; hereditary lines could be considered The Past, reviving Apoc

Kang- natch

J Jonah Jameson would dig up mud and use the power of the press as a weapon
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    purplemur said:
    The final season of Agents of Shield just dropped on Netflix; the formality of The Past in the clue makes me think of the time traveling thing they did with destroyer of worlds and some of the new season is related.
     Fitz/Simmons

If we are gonna continue the 80th Anniversary then I would totally go with KaZar because he uses a sabertooth tiger/savage land as a weapon. Sauron could also work.

Another guess would be Mr. Sinister; hereditary lines could be considered The Past, reviving Apoc

Kang- natch

J Jonah Jameson would dig up mud and use the power of the press as a weapon
    I like your guesses; man, I would like to see Ka-Zar in game.

Just a small correction, the newest AoS season Netflix is the one that ended a month or so ago, but there is still one season left that is definitely, this time, the final season.  Coming next summer.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    purplemur said:

KaZar was one of my guesses too in an earlier post. However, it turns out the KaZar we all know today is a different character to the one who debuted in the 1939 comics. I wouldn't rule it out completely, but it's not quite as strong a link as Namor or Jim Hammond.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Ka-zar you guys want (Kevin Plunder) is from X-men #10.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker

bluewolf said:

I like your guesses; man, I would like to see Ka-Zar in game.

Just a small correction, the newest AoS season Netflix is the one that ended a month or so ago, but there is still one season left that is definitely, this time, the final season.  Coming next summer.
    Too right! I watched the "end" last night and was like what the actual tinykitty was that! I had to quick google it, and I am actually glad because this Season 6 has been the best season yet!  but I am now more than ever doubling down on Fitz/Simmons!!

Ka-Zar - Fully admit having never read the Marvel #1 and assumed that it was just a previous incarnation. There isn't lots of source material to really make him stand out at all , The fanbois will probs be okay if they gave us Lord Plunder and a Zazu support. And while stan/kirby "created" a different Ka-Zar; color me in a light shade of dubious that it wasn't just a typical cannibalization of assets during the Golden Age. I think the kids call them reboots now adays

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, the original Ka-Zar is not a million miles away from the one Stan and Jack repurposed for X-Men #10. He got a SabretoothTiger instead of the previous versions Lion buddy but basically he was just another Tarzan rip-,off. What is significant though is that X-Men 10 also reintroduced a strange hidden land that time had forgot and gave it a name that shaped many a future adventure i.e The Savage Land. Whatever you think of Tarzan Ka-Zar Stan n Jack managed to put a twist on the old Jungle Adventures that the MU would not be the same without.
  • BuzzedLightbeer
    BuzzedLightbeer Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    A 5* Devil Dino?  Sorry, just kidding (I think).
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mjolnir Cap?

I'm going to guess Legion just because.
  • 0zfest
    0zfest Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Still seeing "the blur" (don't try telling me it isn't there)
    The animation showing a power is ready to fire doesn't go away after use making it look like you can still use it.
    How about having to remove boosts, like you couldn't cycle through them (they all have a level assigned to them) when the player gets a new one and is full drop the lowest level one and keep the higher leveled ones, or its better to catch us off guard and waste the little resources gained by playing, as well as just not giving you the reward you just "earned" because you have no room(sure it could be fixed with a line of code somewhere)
    Having to wait until the full animation plays when opening a pull from a vault(slows play time down causing issues with your scoring system)

That's enough for now. These are only suggestions, but I'm sure they would be welcome changes to players(your supporters btw).
    Chew on that.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Regarding the blur- I noticed that enemy and player character animations need to be downloaded seperately. So even though you may have seen yourself using 1* juggernaut, and gotten the blur, when you run in to an opponent 1* juggernaut and the animations play mirrored horizontally that is evidently not happening on the client but is in fact a second set of assets that need to be dl'd. 

Not trying to tell you it isn't happening, just outlining a case where I see it happening on characters I thought we'd "gotten past it" with.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Regarding the blur- I noticed that enemy and player character animations need to be downloaded seperately. So even though you may have seen yourself using 1* juggernaut, and gotten the blur, when you run in to an opponent 1* juggernaut and the animations play mirrored horizontally that is evidently not happening on the client but is in fact a second set of assets that need to be dl'd. 

Not trying to tell you it isn't happening, just outlining a case where I see it happening on characters I thought we'd "gotten past it" with.
    Some of the characters aren't just mirrored. I can't remember which at the moment (Ragnarok, maybe?), but I know there are a couple. That makes it very likely that they are separate set of art assets, yeah.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    blue, red, yellow and it's a 4*. 

I wish it was Omega Red but it smells like Captain America. Maybe Omega Red can stun opponents and that's where the blue comes from.