As of 8/19/19 -- Do You Have a 5* Professor X (Classic) on your roster?

Options

Comments

• RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    Don't got him.
    I did not try.  I'm a 4 star player trying to cut down on play time, so this rollout was win-win for me.  I have been doing just the 5 star required nodes for the free token on the past few events.  This helped me skip the event entirely.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't got him.
    Don’t have him.  
    I have a friend that pulled 4-40 packs and didn’t get 1 cover.  They are beyond mad.  
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got him.
    Got him. Bought a 40 pack and got the initial cover (purple) and spent 500 to get the blue cover.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got him.
    I bought 1 cover daily deal and a 10 pack with no luck.  I then got him randomly with a earned token at the end of a sub.  I just got super lucky to be blue to play the 5* essential node in PVE.  I like the ability to get a cover for HP in packs, but still completely disagree with making him essential in PVE this early.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't got him.
    Placed t1 once and t3 for the other 3 subs cl9.  T10 ally placement and bought single daily deals.  No dice.  This experiment sucks.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't got him.
    Thanks to everyone voting in the thread. I'm a bit surprised by the results.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't got him.
    All my free, earned tokens have come and gone, so not gonna have him for basically all this event. I'll pull from the Higher Learning store for at least one cover. Playing 4.9 for this event, so should have him for my grind Thursday night in theory. 

I know there's the HfH option, and the Thick as Thieves store will be open a few more days, but to that I say: 

https://youtu.be/-K7fCQlUhj0
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't got him.
    If i don't have the 5* essential it usually means i'm not gonna end up T50, but since Prof X is quite hard (or expensive) to get I might just pull it off this event. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't got him.
    This is the first time I didn't have the 5* for a required node in... well maybe just plain the first time.  It's really irritating.  I wouldn't call it the end of the world to miss out on this for one PVE, but if they make it a regular thing I'll definitely reconsider the money I spend on the game, and will also strongly consider cycling down my play.  Requiring a 5* where they've only been available through 1 in 250 or 1 in 166 odds is just plain awful.  I'll forgive them a on-off, trying something new, but if this becomes the norm I could well be done.
    As far as the store goes, I was planning on buying a 40 pack on the off-season anyway.  I looked at this way - is it worth 1800 hero points (a discretionary resource, I earn a lot more than I spend,) to get a small, but noticeable chance for a 5* in that pack?  The answer to that question is ultimately yes - 5* covers are the important resource at the 5* level, so I bought a 40 pack, and when I earned enough for another 10 pack, I did that too.
    It's not the store that's the problem, it's the required node, IMHO.  I'm neutral to lukewarm on the HP store - it's not going to put very many covers in the game, so it's not an "answer" to anything (e.g. token dilution,) but if they continue that I'm sure I'll pull one sooner or later, particularly if I save my HP for the 10- and 40 packs.

• Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Don't got him.
    The fact that I didn’t get him isnt the bad thing.. it’s just a terrible set up he’s required in the current PvE.. but hey what can ya do.. *shrug*
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't got him.
    Didn't try to get him and only got 2*'s from event tokens.  I knew I didn't need Warmachine covers from this PVE progression, so I was planning on taking a "PVE Vacation" in SCL5 anyway.  Progression rewards aren't *that* different and it's a lot less time, even with screwing around with silly teams.  I'm also not placing high enough to earn covers, so it's hard to worry about "stealing" rewards from rosters that belong there.  Win-win.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't got him.
    Didn't play, didn't pay.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hi,  my name is grunth and I'm a mpqoholic.  I did get him but it took 4 40 packs.  I then spent on another 12 to 14 packs (everything is a blur) and got another 3.  I did stop there,  but i feel dirty for what I have done.  Thanks for letting me share. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't got him.
    I didn't get him from any of my TAT tokens.
    I also bought 3-4 discounted single tokens but didn't get lucky, then realized I was just throwing away HP when the Anniversary Event is right around the corner.
    Roll on, Roster Slot sale!!!
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Don't got him.
    Another 10-pack, no new Xavier. I did get a Gwenpool and a Ghost Rider, so that's a thing. 
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Every time you spent HP, whatever is a daily deal, a 10x or a 40x, you're enabling this ****.

Just saying.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Don't got him.
    Nope, but once his store is open tomorrow I'm hoping to get him.
  • New_Doug
    New_Doug Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    His store is garbage. Banner? Really? Couldn't do an Illuminati vault and have Prof X with Strange, Bolt/Panther/IM46? They had to do Banner a pathetic busted 5 that has been useless since day 1. Oof. I can't decide if the devs are master trollers or intentionally trying to kill the game.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't got him.
    Not going to spend any HP on this. My three earned tokens yielded an Ares, Moonstone, and a 2* Magneto. Whee!