Prof X HP-store - you pulling? If so, what'd you get?

Options
13»

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Checked about 200 pulls with no Professor X.  Pretty sure getting someone to spend $500 and giving them nothing would drive people to quit.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dkffiv said:
    Checked about 200 pulls with no Professor X.  Pretty sure getting someone to spend $500 and giving them nothing would drive people to quit.
    You pulled 200? 

But it might cost nothing. I could pull 200 but it’s from saved HP. I won’t of course.
  • bonny79
    bonny79 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    nothing! a 10-pack and nearly another 10 tokens gave me 4 3*s - thats it!

:'(
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled three 10 packs. No Prof X but several 4* and a flurry of three stars. Oh, well.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have opened like 12 tokens already and nothing. Chances are so fricking small that it is not worth it to spend HP. Of course, you can be lucky, but it general terms it is not worth it AT ALL.
  • ESN91
    ESN91 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    I used the daily deal, everyday. Got a Peggy Carter cover, a Ronin one and a Prof X, today.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been single daily dealing it myself. No professor Xs, mostly 2s after that first lucky break with Agent Venom.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bought a ten pack and got nine 2*s and one PX.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My plan was to be lucky and pull 5* Prof X. I pulled a 10x and I got 8 2*, 1 3* and a Black Cat cover. Guess what she told me? :/ 
    At least the 3* isn't a Dr. Ock cover. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You really have to look at the odds - for the 1 pack it's 1 in 250, for the 10- or 40- pack it's 1 in 166.  So if you literally pull a 1 pack 250 times on average (i.e. about half the time,) you will pull 1 Professor X.
    So, I had enough HP to pull a 40 pack.  I was going to save it for the off-season (40 packs are 10K then, which is noticeably cheaper,) but I gave it some thought - is spending an extra 1800 HP worth it for a small, but significant chance to pull a Professor X?
    I decided the answer was yes.  I got a 40 pack.  I pulled 3 4*s (Jean, Gwenpool, and Main Event Hulk,) as well as two 4* BHs, but no PX.  Ah well, the odds were pretty low (a bit over 10% according to my back-of-the-napkin math.)

I'll probably have enough for a 10 pack before the store closes Thursday, and will probably pull again.  Why not?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In 3 days the Professor $ vault will open with a token in there which will provide a 5% chance of getting him.  That's approx 8X the odds of getting him from a 10 pack?

But knock yourself out.
  • Zeofar
    Zeofar Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    How much HP is it to buy out the 5-star release vaults?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5600, 1800 per 10 pack.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ive pulled every daily deal, and two 10 packs.  Not a single prof X.

Have gotten two 4*s total... For what its worth.

In my alliance, only ONE person has pulled a single Prof X, and hes probably the person that spends the most in our alliance.  In that light, he probably deserves it.

But just to put further light on it... A whole alliance.  20 people.  We arent noobs by any means... Been around a long time.  Alliance events always go down, and got more than a few veteran rosters.  And out of all of those people just getting the PvE tokens, and maybe using a daily deal or two, only ONE person pulled a single Prof X.

Hope these test results were enlightening...