Prof X HP-store - you pulling? If so, what'd you get?

Options

Comments

• maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I bought a 10 pack, did get Prof, no bh
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    10 pack. No 4* or 5*... this probably marks the end of my competitive play for PvE.. this free to play game is definitely transitioning to a free to play but pay to win model..
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Threw the dice and got 2* Cap. Going back to hoarding my hp for new characters/dupes and Anniversary. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Okay I sold some max champs to get enough to buy a 10 pack. I already did a single token daily deal and got 3* daredevil.

X2 2* Wolvie 
    X2 2* Moonstone 
    X1 2* Thor
    X1 2* Daken
    X1 3* Cap
    X1 3* Deadpool
    X1 4* Kraven
    X1 4* Punmax

Bonus 
    3* Ragnarok
    4* Mysterio

Applied champ levels got me 1 heroic, and 1 latest legend
    2* Widow
    4* Medusa

Bonus 
    4* Mysterio

No professor, but no complaints either. 

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I see no point in buying a 10 or 40 pack. Certainly not while i still receive tokens for Thick as Thieves. Might get lucky for free, though not really counting on that.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AndiTi said:
    So if you’re in my position with roughly 7000HP, do you pull here or pull from the vault that contains the special store token? Can’t really srsly do both. 

7000 HP would be two 10-packs from this store. At the 1:166 odds, that will give you an 11.4% chance of pulling Prof X, and likely one or two 4* covers.

If there is a limited vault offering one legendary token for the release store, that would give you a 5% chance of pulling Prof X, but also have a 10% chance of pulling one of the other two 5* characters. So worse odds for Prof X, but better odds overall for a 5* cover.

In both cases, you're looking at pretty long odds. I'd personally hold on to the HP.

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Way back before 5*s people would whale the latest and greatest 4* via multiple 40 packs.

Don't remember the odds but nobody was aghast about it like now.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Way back before 5*s people would whale the latest and greatest 4* via multiple 40 packs.

Before 5*’s & CP, 4* covers cost 2,500 HP, so whales could also earn a 1/1/1 and buy the rest.  At worst, they’d spend in the PVP store for missing colors and then buy the rest.  Either way, a LOT cheaper than whaling strictly through RNG 40-packs for 13 covers...especially before championing when the extra 2* and 3* covers were worthless except for dupes or iso.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Against my better judgement, I pulled two daily deals. Both were 2* covers.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was tempted to buy one token just to try my luck. But then I pulled iceman on my first pull when he went to LL so i'm guessing my luck will be out for the next 2 years
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm sure dilution wasn't what it is now either...
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Spent on a 40 pack. Got a purple Prof X cover.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So far, all 2 stars! What fun!
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I got my token from PVE and got Professor X! Very excited, had decided not to spend aanything on extra tokens given the terrible odds so it's amazing to get him on my first pull. Looking forward to getting another Prof X tonight :p
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    Against my better judgement, I pulled two daily deals. Both were 2* covers.
    i knew i shouldn't have either, but a couple folk in my extended alliance got some covers so i got suckered in. bought a 40 pack. didn't get one. i'm disappointed in myself. 
  • Zeofar
    Zeofar Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I reached just enough HP to buy a 40 pack the other day. No Professor X, 3 4-star covers. Does feel bad, even though the odds were never in my favor in the first place. If I somehow get up to 3300 in the next 4 days (would need to fish with DDQ pulls a bit), I'd probably go for one last chance with a 10 pack as well.
  • elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    Bought a 10pack just for fun and first cover was PX... 
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just a reminder for those reading the “got one on my first try” results, for everyone who goes 1:1 someone is going 1:332 or 1:500 to balance that out. 
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I bought a 10-pack.  Got one Spider-Woman, one 3* with a BH, and eight 2*s.  Each pull from an earned token in the story (nine in total, I guess?) has been a 2*.