Professor X (Classic) *Updated (8/14/19)

245678

Comments

  • HoundofShadowHoundofShadow Posts: 2,217 Chairperson of the Boards
    His abilities are a mixbag of:
    1) improved version of Prof X passive abilities
    2) Lockjaw's abilities
    3) Improved Rogue's damage reduction ability
    4) Peggy's or Shuri's ap cost increase for opponent.

    I might go with 5/3/5 based on current data.

    Assuming each token is 200 HP, 1/250 odds cost 50,000 HP. 

     I did a conversion previously based on existing data where 50 CP = 5000HP.
    A new 5* cost 500CP, which is equal to 50,000 HP, which adds up nicely.

    Am I surprised? 

    This is something new, so let it run and let other players feedback on this.
  • HoundofShadowHoundofShadow Posts: 2,217 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn't the CP odds for new 5* release store at 1:7? 1:7 is for any 5* in that store. So, if it's a specific 5*, it would be 1/21 or 525CP. 

    It's typically 100 or 200 for daily deals, then 400HP for normal cost.
    1 out of 250 odds are going to be 99,700 HP.

    It would make sense if they change it to 100 for daily pull and then 200 for the second pull for this trial.

    It's going to be extreme if it's a 200/400HP pricing and it will flop terribly.

    Will there be a BH 5* prof X in this store? For example, if you pulled prof x, you get another guaranteed cover for him.
  • turbomooseturbomoose Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    I really hope there is going to be a CP store 

    if there isn’t then I’ll probably be playing a lot less than I do at the moment 

    Brigby please answer this question ASAP 
  • Tony_FootTony_Foot Posts: 951 Critical Contributor
    I’ve used the new release store once, as it had Thor in after the gambit nerf. I don’t care about having latest releases for pve, I can finish t50 without him but my goodness I can still see what a strange idea this new vault is.

    Yet it will all come down to the numbers of gamblers that go for this to finish high in the next pve. Hopefully this will be a one off. I have 300k spare HP but I’m not touching this.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 3,366 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
     I have 300k spare HP but I’m not touching this.
    Not that I disagree at all with your post but what exactly are you gonna spend that on otherwise? Seems like the Dev's have noticed all these players with vast stashes of HP to hand and this store is the answer in the form of attempting to deplete said HP reserves.

    It seems like a pretty terrible deal to somebody like me who has 7.5k HP but seems ideal for somebody like you with HP to burn and little to do with it (especially as I remember you saying you don't care about 4* either)?

    If this turns off the very HP rich vets then I am scratching my head as to who it is aimed at?
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 3,366 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    I spend it on vaults when I know what I’m getting. I used to empty the 41 vaults a lot and anniversary vaults. Basically anything where I can see what I’m getting. I don’t buy daily deals or rng deals like this one. I play with my son and I don’t want him to see that form of gambling as an acceptable way to play games. Everyone else can continue buying as makes them happy. I’m happy for my son to save his money and waste it on a skin, I’m not happy for him to buy a token with a 1 in 250 chance of x.
    More than fair enough.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 3,366 Chairperson of the Boards
    As for Prof X - somebody mentioned his power being like Lockjaw but it seems to be more like Green Goblin's purple as it isn't board majority dependent and each colour has a different effect.

    As for the colours, I get they line up with the X-Men in questions powers...except blue. Sure 4* Cyclops does have a blue power but it doesn't operate in the way this power does - would it have maybe been better to have Iceman and a stun?
  • turulturul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    38k health at level 450.

    Nice way to treat disabled people!
  • bluewolfbluewolf Posts: 3,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    His health is mitigated - possibly a lot - by the passive resistance to damage.

    It sure would be nice to see the actual details....
  • tiomonotiomono Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    I spend it on vaults when I know what I’m getting. I used to empty the 41 vaults a lot and anniversary vaults. Basically anything where I can see what I’m getting. I don’t buy daily deals or rng deals like this one. I play with my son and I don’t want him to see that form of gambling as an acceptable way to play games. Everyone else can continue buying as makes them happy. I’m happy for my son to save his money and waste it on a skin, I’m not happy for him to buy a token with a 1 in 250 chance of x.
    So would you feel different if if they changed regular store tokens into vaults with a million items? You see everything you could possibly get so it's very transparent but the chances to get what you really want are small. To me that's how the normal tokens work, only I actually have a shot at bonus heros too.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 3,380 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    As for Prof X - somebody mentioned his power being like Lockjaw but it seems to be more like Green Goblin's purple as it isn't board majority dependent and each colour has a different effect.

    As for the colours, I get they line up with the X-Men in questions powers...except blue. Sure 4* Cyclops does have a blue power but it doesn't operate in the way this power does - would it have maybe been better to have Iceman and a stun?
    I thought the same, that's essentially taking Fury or FA Cap and dividing it by Goblin to arrive at this power. 

    That Cyclops power is how his red works, minus the Team Up Bank conditional. So it is a thing he can do, just not strictly accurate. 
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 3,380 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the topic of odds, will anyone who pulls a Professor X automatically get a 5* BH from this store the way a 3* cover from a standard nets you one?
  • wymtimewymtime Posts: 3,168 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby when can we get some specifics on the damage each power will actually do?
  • n25phillyn25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    This is terrible.....
    You aren't looking forward to a likely .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of pulling a cover for him?  Guess they haven't been conditioning us to terrible odds enough, quick add more dilution!
Sign In or Register to comment.