Comments

• DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2019
    Options
    BATMAN1 said:
    //Removed Non-Constructive Comment, and Insult -Brigby
    Why? Seems interesting to me

//Adding note to clarify player's comment is referencing OP's redacted comment about their dislike of Role Reversal -Brigby
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Apparently they aren't too sure of it, themselves,  since there's only 4 progression rewards.... ;)
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haven’t tried the event, but I think is sounds interesting. Will attempt it later.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cool concept, but confusing presentation,  I cant tell if it is glitched or not
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think this event is great. I am mastering the tiny kitty out of bad cards right now. 

I would like to see them change it so my first 2 cards arent from my own deck. I'd also like to be able to change planeswalker but they may have locked it to one walker as a sort of balance so I cant just play all day.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Once again ... "upcoming events will focus on jewels" ... And we get a 5 jewels progression reward ... Another insult to our trust and understanding i suppose.

You guys are being so cynical that i could almost laugh if i wasn't already too ressentful.

I won't develop because i'd probably cross the line of profanity ... Just as you crossed the line of trust and respect to the community with WAR.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well.. The event is okay I guess. My main issue is that even if you get lucky to get an interesting deck, the difference between fetch and draw waters it down. You start with cards from one deck, draw into the other one, but everything that fetches can't possibly synergize at all. Kiora was a bad, bad choice. Why not turn out completely around and make the main goal to lose?
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not sure the guy who was running a deck with BSZ and Gaea's Revenge understood how the event was supposed to work.

Honestly, I think it's a neat idea, even if the execution is a little flawed. The big issues:

1. A lot of peoples' troll decks aren't hard to win with, they're just slow to win with. The event needs some kind of sudden-death factor to help keep games (between people who actually understand the event) down to a reasonable length.

2. The biggest issue with the event, though, is that there's really no risk of losing, because Greg is dumb. They wisely set things up so that you can generate a creature either by casting the bad cards or exiling them from your hand. That makes it so a deck full of blow-up-a-Vanguard cards, or Legendary spells but no Legendary creatures, can still generate token creatures for you if you just exile the uncastable cards from your hand. But Greg is not smart enough to actually do that, which makes most of these matches a pointlessly one-sided affair.

That said, I really appreciate finally having a place to master Reliquary Tower.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Played my 4 matches, what sounded like an interesting idea turned out to be 4 slow slogs. I have not experienced anything remotely close to what the devs wanted to achieve whatever that was anyways.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought at first, based on reading the rules (and the cards I start the game with being from my self-chosen deck and not my opponents), that the point was to actually lose the match.

Quite surprised when my efforts to intentionally make bad plays didn't pay off in the end. 
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    starfall said:
    If the intention is to get 2 players to play fun decks against each other, it doesn't seem to be working. From the 4 games I've played today I've seen 2 decks full of unplayable cards, and 2 decks full of weak or bad cards (presumably for mastery).

The problem is that players don't have any incentive to create a fun deck for their opponent to play with. Even if I unilaterally decided to build fun decks for my opponents, it seems that given today's matchups I am highly unlikely to meet an opponent who has decided to do the same.

Here's a format which would result in more fun games: each player gets a deck of 10 random cards. 5 creatures, one of each rarity, and 5 non creatures, one of each rarity. They could even get cards they don't own!
    It's not. The description literally says build your worst deck and give it to your opponent. 

It's a fun idea which I commend them on the creativity but I'm finding it to be kinda pointless and frustrating.
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not sure most of these decks I was (given) were really good. Lol I'm sure they didn't enjoy mine.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    event definitely had bugs as I found myself drawing both from my own deck and from my opponent’s deck, as I was drawing cards there was no way I could get from my opponent. (Hixus when my opponent was Bolas for example)

the idea of playing other people’s decks is interesting but I’d rather play with good/interesting decks than bad ones. Not sure how they’d make that happen, though. Maybe if it picked from random favorite or saved decks from registered players?
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I thought at first, based on reading the rules (and the cards I start the game with being from my self-chosen deck and not my opponents), that the point was to actually lose the match.

Quite surprised when my efforts to intentionally make bad plays didn't pay off in the end. 
    I lost my first match intentionally as well, because I initially thought that was the objective..  Yes, didn't read. haha.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wereotter said:
    event definitely had bugs as I found myself drawing both from my own deck and from my opponent’s deck, as I was drawing cards there was no way I could get from my opponent. (Hixus when my opponent was Bolas for example)

the idea of playing other people’s decks is interesting but I’d rather play with good/interesting decks than bad ones. Not sure how they’d make that happen, though. Maybe if it picked from random favorite or saved decks from registered players?
    When fetching, you fetch from your own deck, even when drawing with your planeswalker abilities you draw from your own deck.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's an interesting idea, for sure.  It's just unfortunate that intentionally building and playing bad decks leads to an experience that's mildly annoying at best.

It's at least highly casual novel content.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually enjoyed the event.  It was strangely relaxing to win with a stack of Caterpillars and Goblins.

But yeah, cool concept for an event, but not a great one.