Role reversal

Options
13»

Comments

• __Adam
    __Adam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Easily the worst mode of any game I've ever played. That's not hyperbole, I'm totally serious.

Slow, boring, nonfunctional decks that are slog to play. There's no strategy, learning or deck building. Its a failure in every respect.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    unless you enjoy a challenge seeing if you can beat the other player over the head with their own cards, good for a change i think but to each their own
  • BigSwifty
    BigSwifty Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Honestly, it wasn't a super fun event, but I was fine with it. Easy runes, silly concept. Good place to master cards. At minimum, it's a change of pace from Training Grounds, so I can appreciate that.
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    __Adam said:
    Easily the worst mode of any game I've ever played. That's not hyperbole, I'm totally serious.

Slow, boring, nonfunctional decks that are slog to play. There's no strategy, learning or deck building. Its a failure in every respect.

I completely agree. The worst event ever.

We could be playing another event instead. I'm curious to know how many players are playing this event. I played only once to understand the rules. And I do not intend to play it anymore.

Please Oktagon, EXILE this event !!! 

• DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2019
    Options
    __Adam said:

I completely agree. The worst event ever.

We could be playing another event instead. I'm curious to know how many players are playing this event. I played only once to understand the rules. And I do not intend to play it anymore.

Please Oktagon, EXILE this event !!! 
    I both played and enjoyed tepidly embraced this event. It was different, quick, had low stakes, and allowed me to master some cards I never even look at in my collection. Running alongside larger events, I see this as a good diversion and something additional to do when you're either tilted, have used all your charges for the moment, or just want to idly do something different for a few minutes in the game. I do think some changes could be made, though. What if everyone starts with three random vanguard cards and gets a new one each time they lose one? That might bring some interesting play into the mix, and allow us to play with something we don't normally get a chance to (and makes partner/vanguard not a dead keyword).

Please Oktagon, DON'T EXILE this event !!!
  • DumasAG
    Options
    So I noticed that I was playing against far more “real” role reversal decks rather than straight trash like last time. This inspired me to similarly make a “real” deck. This second iteration of the event has been far more fun. Kudos to everyone who didn’t fill 10 slots with chaff. My deck by the way is:

Krenko
    Warchief
    Squee
    High Alert
    Simic Ascendency
    Blue Sun’s Zenith
    Take Heart
    Arcane Adaptation 
    Sanctum Seeker
    Bishop of the Bloodstained
    (don’t have Torgaar, unfortunately :( )
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @DumasAG - I have also had a lot more fun with RR when using a sound deck. So far it has turned out to be piloted insanely bad by Greg, so this theme I’m trying to build a deck even Greg can pilot even remotely well.

My thoughts are to go with Ral and pack the deck with spells and supports, since creatures are easily generated by the event support.
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    @DumasAG - I have also had a lot more fun with RR when using a sound deck. So far it has turned out to be piloted insanely bad by Greg, so this theme I’m trying to build a deck even Greg can pilot even remotely well.

My thoughts are to go with Ral and pack the deck with spells and supports, since creatures are easily generated by the event support.
    I too would like to find a deck Greg can pilot effectively. Greg cant pilot Ral, He uses the ultimate and then shoots himself in the face over and over.
  • Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Why not just make an event where you try to actually lose a game.
    Or to be more precise: try your very best to make greg win with your deck.
    Keep the deck switching Feature, but change the rules to be fun to play. 

Everyone would try the freakiest and weirdest strategies to try and make greg win. 

That would make ppl actually think about the event and care about it a bit more. 
    The way it is now, we just master all the '****' cards and be done with it... 

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I too would like to find a deck Greg can pilot effectively. Greg cant pilot Ral, He uses the ultimate and then shoots himself in the face over and over.
    @Narcoticsagent - Since I can’t choose my opponent, it isn’t Greg that is using Ral, it is my PW that is Ral. I went with him because he has a capacity for spells and supports. There are a few other options but Ral worked fine.

I succeeded - once - in loosing to Greg with a Ral deck, but Greg didn’t win consistently with it.
  • Eglyntine
    Eglyntine Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    After the second time of the event, I still say it was a fun change. I got a level and a half mastering cards. Got a few MPs mastered and had fun trying to navigate ppl's cards. 
         Some decks I played like cycling a drake. (Fill up the cards and exile for the tokens) Others The cards were excellent and one deck in particular perplexed me to start with and then it turned into a thing of beauty. 
         Spence75, had a deck full of C and UC, 2 to 5 mana costing junk cards. Right off I was like, "Well this is **** cause I am gonna have to ping Greg to death." But I put BZ in my deck and fetched it early. It of course played all the cards automatically and that is when the picture came alive. Brilliant deck Spence. (If you read the forums)
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I really appreciated this event the last 2 times so I'm not here to praise it again.
    I am, on the other hand, going to give a shout-out to our friendly neighborhood AI, Greg...yeah something we rarely ever do.
    I have a Bolas 2 build named "Captain Stinkbeard" and Greg stomped the **** out of me with it twice before I wised up.
    Now, he might've gotten the best of me those first 2 times because I was drawing cheap garbage card after cheap garbage card (this is not a reflection of the cards themselves, rather it is a recollection of the complete lack of synergy between them).  All I could do was generate goblins and had to rely on loyalty swaps to deal any real damage.  
    After I swapped out the "Bounce" spells for "Fetch" spells, and had at least 1 Fetch in my opening hand, I had access to my cards and was able to strategically, with a teaspoon of luck, of course, get the drop on him.
  • Eglyntine
    Eglyntine Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Zzyzzx said:
    I really appreciated this event the last 2 times so I'm not here to praise it again.
    I am, on the other hand, going to give a shout-out to our friendly neighborhood AI, Greg...yeah something we rarely ever do.
    I have a Bolas 2 build named "Captain Stinkbeard" and Greg stomped the tinykitty out of me with it twice before I wised up.
    Now, he might've gotten the best of me those first 2 times because I was drawing cheap garbage card after cheap garbage card (this is not a reflection of the cards themselves, rather it is a recollection of the complete lack of synergy between them).  All I could do was generate goblins and had to rely on loyalty swaps to deal any real damage.  
    After I swapped out the "Bounce" spells for "Fetch" spells, and had at least 1 Fetch in my opening hand, I had access to my cards and was able to strategically, with a teaspoon of luck, of course, get the drop on him.
    I switched two cards to Fetch type cards too. And my 3rd ability fetches, so it worked out pretty well.
  • DumasAG
    Options
    Eglyntine said:
    Zzyzzx said:
    I have a Bolas 2 build named "Captain Stinkbeard" and Greg stomped the tinykitty out of me with it twice before I wised up.
    I switched two cards to Fetch type cards too. And my 3rd ability fetches, so it worked out pretty well.
    I ran Karn, whose first ability fetches. Both Greg and I were playing with my deck.
  • dragonslayer
    dragonslayer Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Its just a one big dum idea . Built a deck to loose!!!!
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Surely it’s super simple to lose to Greg - just don’t play any cards.....

• morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    used karn myself this time, first is nice made sure i didnt have any kill spells in my deck, no cake walks but 9 consecutive wins means i am doing something right. long and can be frustrating when somebody goes  decieds to bring in a tuned deck for me to play with set for brokehan lets say but still beats tg i think