Best 5* character in the game?

13»

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thor
    I miss those old vote threads people used to make with the charts and graphs. I wouldn’t have an idea how to do all that stuff. Must be a couple of years since the last time anyone did that.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Thor

List:(Reformated just to save space)

1. Thor (Gladiator)* 2. Okoye (Warrior General)* 3. Kitty Pryde (Uncanny X-Men)* 4. Thanos (The Mad Titan)*

Great Tier:

5. Jessica Jones (Alias Investigations)* 6. Daredevil (Matt Murdock)* 7. Hela (Goddess of Death)* 8. Black Bolt (Inhuman King) 9. Doctor Doom (God Emperor)* 10. Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

Good Tier:

11. Storm (Ororo Munroe) 12. Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme)* 13. Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)* 14. Hawkeye (Clint Barton) 15. Captain America (Infinity War)* 16. Loki (God of Mischief)* 17. Cable (Nathan Summers)* 18. Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes)*

Niche Tier:

19. Spider-Man (Back In Black) - Grocket counter 20. Black Panther (Civil War)* - Panthos partner for PVP loaners 21. Silver Surfer (Skyrider)- Bishop counter (unstunnable) 22. Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2)- Boosts Grocket 23. Archangel (Classic)*- Kills airborne

Meh Tier:

24. Wolverine (Old Man Logan) 25. Gambit (Classic)  26. Doctor Octopus (Classic) 27. Captain America (First Avenger) 28. Jean Grey (Phoenix) 29. Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) 30. Rescue (Pepper Potts) 31. Iron Man (Mark XLVI) 32. Captain Marvel (Galactic Warrior)*

Trash Tier:

33. Kingpin (Spider-Verse) 34. The Hulk (Bruce Banner) 35. Wasp (Hope Van Dyne)

This is a pretty good list.

I would probably move GG, Strange (for PvE) and HE from Good to Great, but I would probably leave them in the same order (still leaving Storm in Good but all coming after Spidey).

Maybe I would also move IM and JG from Meh to Niche, as both are pretty good creating cascades and can hit pretty hard in the right team, and I think they are better than all the other Niche chars except BP (who I might move to Good tier). Thanos, BP, IM is a pretty amazing team for PvE.

So yeah,I don't agree 100% (we all have our different preferences after all), but it is a pretty good tier list.

PS: Pretty sad seeing Gambit and OML in Meh after both being TheOnlyCharThatMatters in this game for a long time.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thor

Trash Tier:

33. Kingpin (Spider-Verse)

34. The Hulk (Bruce Banner)

Even a Trash Panda is disgusted tier:

35. Wasp (Hope Van Dyne)

Fixed it for you. ;)
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    I miss those old vote threads people used to make with the charts and graphs. I wouldn’t have an idea how to do all that stuff. Must be a couple of years since the last time anyone did that.
    Yup, really enjoyed those seasonal rankings.  Didn't ebolamonkey administer the voting and produce the charts?

Also remember when northernpolarity's comprehensive 1*-3* guide was actually comprehensive.  Has anyone looked at that recently?  Does it even have any useful info at all now?  I think it's frozen pre-health shift, let alone pre-4* endgame. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:

Also remember when northernpolarity's comprehensive 1*-3* guide was actually comprehensive.  Has anyone looked at that recently?  Does it even have any useful info at all now?  I think it's frozen pre-health shift, let alone pre-4* endgame. 
    It's still around in Tips & Guides:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/3939/polaritys-guide-on-going-from-1-to-3-updated-1-22-15
    (is appears some of the guide was cut off when the forum transitioned to its current form, as it once had information on the other 3*'s as well, although it was pre-rework IM40, so it would be almost amusing to see if the suggestion was for 5/5/1 or 5/5/2)

The 1* guide doesn't include Spider-Man, much less his rework, but otherwise the 1* & 2* guides are reasonably sound.  The 3* guide misses everyone after Iron Fist (Scarlet Witch, Dr Strange, Thanos, Hawk-Guy, and probably many others), so the "high tier" is WAY off in the current meta.  This was also long-before 5*'s were introduced, so PVP, in particular, is an entirely different beast at lower tiers than it is now.