Oh my gosh - what a survey!!!!

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    please go to today news and do the survey from there because the game will generate a unique link for each player. I suppose it will help the dev to differentiate what kind/level of players are doing the survey.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I’m not sure I’d have put these two answers in the same question:

A. There is not enough Iso-8
    K. I have nothing to do with all my Iso-8

Or at least, not without collecting usernames so that there’s some context. These are two separate problems affecting two very different cohorts of the user base.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    CNash said:

Or at least, not without collecting usernames so that there’s some context. These are two separate problems affecting two very different cohorts of the user base.

They are, but say those are tied for the most popular complaint. What do the devs do (if they plan to do anything with this survey)?

They could give us MORE Iso-8 while simultaneously giving us new things to do with it (buy tokens, for instance).

So they aren't entirely mutually exclusive.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    I think to be perfectly fair that the Iso crunch was reasonably well addressed by Save Covers. More could be done - especially looking at the cost of 4* which still remain proportionally more expensive to champ than other tiers (and there are a lot more of them) but now that the race to save covers on the vine iso champ pressure has been taken off it has had a big impact.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I think to be perfectly fair that the Iso crunch was reasonably well addressed by Save Covers. More could be done - especially looking at the cost of 4* which still remain proportionally more expensive to champ than other tiers (and there are a lot more of them) but now that the race to save covers on the vine iso champ pressure has been taken off it has had a big impact.
    I think the fact you've got two populations of players who have "too much iso-8" indicates that something is out of balance.  It's understandable that some long term players could have a surplus because they've bought everything, but complaints from new players with incomplete rosters seems to indicate a problem.
    Either it's too easy to acquire iso-8 at those lower tiers in the game, or it is too difficult to acquire the higher level characters to apply the iso-8 to (either because the covers are too rare, or because they can't afford to roster the covers they do receive).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    It kind of feels like we're taking a step or two further down the path I predicted when the 4* odds went flat of an accelerated 5* release pace. I think the economies of acquisition absolutely need to catch up to this though. Right now it's extremely unlikely you'll be able to champ everyone as they come out if you weren't someone that's been playing at that level since it was there to be played, and since very few of the 5*s are coming out with feeders, what do they even want us to do here? I think the game kind of needs to decide if it wants people to transition to 5* play or not. Double-fed 5s or some way to earn specific covers (not buy) are the missing pieces I was thinking would be likely.

In my mind, shifting DDQ up a tier where the Crash is for a solo 5*, and the token granted is a guaranteed 5* draw would be pretty awesome. There are ways to mitigate how often that happens, or tie it to being able to complete enough of the 4* crashes consecutively before you can do it, something like that. That would still gate you by roster from willy-nilly getting 5*s into the economy, but still reward deep rosters consistently with the current Crash.

4*s cost about 130k iso too much to champ. Going from 209->Champ "feels" like the right amount of iso to spend on that. Going from 70->Champ for 370k is wild. 

Transitioning to 5* play needs a cold hard look from the devs. Too many 5s are untenable as single champs. When it takes actual human years(!) of play to get one, you should not be punished for it due to bad MMR
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I think the fact you've got two populations of players who have "too much iso-8" indicates that something is out of balance.  It's understandable that some long term players could have a surplus because they've bought everything, but complaints from new players with incomplete rosters seems to indicate a problem.
    Either it's too easy to acquire iso-8 at those lower tiers in the game, or it is too difficult to acquire the higher level characters to apply the iso-8 to (either because the covers are too rare, or because they can't afford to roster the covers they do receive).
    Agreed and don't get me wrong, I could definitely use more iso, I'm not post iso by any means! Nick Fury has been waiting for 12 months to get champed, lol! However this game has always operated on bottlenecks to slow progress - whether it be HP for roster slots, iso to champ or actual cover acquisition. In my experience (and that is of course subjective) the real "shock to the system" occurs when you start champing 4* covers because whereas say a million iso is going to get you the best part of 7 or so 3* champs suddenly it doesn't add up to barely 4 - so rather than more iso which inflates the discrepancy at the low and high ends of the game (which is likely to come at some sort of overall cost, be it more grinding or less tokens) I would address the inconsistency of iso requirements at the level which appear to remain mostly outdated from when that was the top tier and there weren't 80+ characters to worry about. The very least they could do is address the completely uneven iso costs that are in place between Lvl 70 to 200 and Lvl 201 - 270 which ramp up steeply.

But hey - more iso is fine also!
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:
    It's painfully obvious now that the devs have zero idea where to take the game. Either that or they're internally divided to the point of having to ask us. 
    It's never a bad idea to survey your customers regardless of whether you think you know the answers or not. This is a good practice for any business. I think more companies and businesses should survey their customers and employees on a regular basis.
    @Dormammu @Therealsmkspy

It isn't uncommon for a business (especially leadership/ownership) to be a bit disconnected from the customers.  Just isn't.  The controlling parties of business are going to have a set of goals (one of which is going to be centered around revenue) and sometimes those goals simply won't have the customers' interests in mind.  It is a constant balancing act.

Again, based on the multi-choice answers available, they have an idea of what the customers want to see changed.  And I wouldn't dismiss the idea of an "internal struggle" on which direction to go....  because quite frankly....  there are several areas that need improving.

What would be nice to see is if they make any sort of statement around the findings and maybe a dev roadmap to the future.  Who knows.

Anyway, I am a fan of asking your customers and employees about what is going on.  You cannot progress without feedback.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    1.  Truthfully they should just automatically giver every player a 13 cover champ on its debut and up the level cap by another 100 levels.  Ultimately, 13 cover champs don't really affect the competitive portion of the game.  200 champ levels, (even 100 levels) is more than enough room for comp tiers players to work with.

Ultimately what determines who wins an event is really just how often they play and how much faster they can earn resources.

2.  They need to rework their shield level system to push more player population into higher tiers.  1 5* cover through DDQ every crash cycle, will immediately start push mid tier players into higher brackets.  

3.  Publish the results of this survey in the interest of transparency.  I usually ignore these surveys, because whatever game action results is largely meaningless.  But if you want the community to accept the dev's vision of how the game should evolve,  you need to show that this is what the game population wants.  Metrics like average dollars per day are fine to measure financial performance etc. 

At this point no players really accept or trust the devs word on issues, because outside of maybe 5 year employees (people like IceX, Anthony, Kabir), they literally don't have the same amount of time playing and experiencing the game as the 1800 day players (who can quite literally say they have played this game longer than probably a majority of the dev staff has worked on the game)

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    It didn't address the dilution problem. I don't know if it is because they are already aware, or because "they don't care"
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    yes, i understand the support feature. 
    (yes, i equipped some)
    yes, i care about supports like i care about costumes. 
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Great survey. It at least makes me feel like they are listening or trying to listen, which is something important.

On a completely unserious note, as I played "The Hunt" today I half-wished that this particular event (and even more specifically, the Florida sub) would have been on my choices for "dislike most". I really, really hate this event.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    AndiTi said:
    Great survey. It at least makes me feel like they are listening or trying to listen, which is something important.

On a completely unserious note, as I played "The Hunt" today I half-wished that this particular event (and even more specifically, the Florida sub) would have been on my choices for "dislike most". I really, really hate this event.

Yep. With Wakanda being thankfully shot in the head and buried out back, The Hunt resumes as my most hated PVE event.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    I’m surprised by the hate for The Hunt. Strange Sights for me is more of a letdown. The positive is Kaecilius gives a unique mechanic, but 3 prize vaults where you can get lucky enough to draw 5 CP or a 3* cover? Plus add sentries and mindless ones. No fun.

I will grant you that Goblin/Daken/Ares node is one of the top 5 most brutal imho, behind the Royal Family in Heart of Darkness and Thorkoye in Simulator.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2019
    I wouldn't mind the hunt if the nodes were laid out coherently in Florida, but this first 5e node is mega brutal for me even with a 5* champ. It's a struggle to even win it on clear 2 and 3, let alone do so with any meaningful speed.

*edit* never mind, complaint redacted. I don't konw why i never think to run Okoye XFDP, maybe it's because i only recently champed him, but this node just played itself for clear 4.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    helix72 said:
    I’m surprised by the hate for The Hunt. Strange Sights for me is more of a letdown. The positive is Kaecilius gives a unique mechanic, but 3 prize vaults where you can get lucky enough to draw 5 CP or a 3* cover? Plus add sentries and mindless ones. No fun.

I will grant you that Goblin/Daken/Ares node is one of the top 5 most brutal imho, behind the Royal Family in Heart of Darkness and Thorkoye in Simulator.
    Don't forget Mockingbird, Hobo Fist, & 4 Cage.  Depending on who the essential 5 Star is (like a classic you only have 2-3 covers in), this node is just as rough.
    It can be just as rough and is probably in the top 5 of hardest PVE nodes.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    helix72 said:

Don't forget Mockingbird, Hobo Fist, & 4 Cage.  Depending on who the essential 5 Star is (like a classic you only have 2-3 covers in), this node is just as rough.
    It can be just as rough and is probably in the top 5 of hardest PVE nodes.
    I think daken + 2x thug can be rough in a post-gambit world.  Those 2 turn CDs, plus fast damage from daken can add up quickly.  But the good news is that the 2 current meta teams can handle this one, so there is light at the end of the tunnel and it's only really challenging when you are playing an aggressive CL for your roster.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash said:

It's a more subtle way of asking, "Are you Post-Iso?"

I totally chose K.  Because in this game there's never enough iso....  Until you literally have nothing to spend it on.  It's totally achievable on a long enough timeline.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I think it may be too subtle: I have an alliance mate that is stalled in the 4* transition where he thinks his 3.8 million iso is a lot only because all his 4*s are 1-4 covers and topped up. I think a lot of players at that stage would maybe answer that, when the real issue for them is "it takes too long to progress" or something similar.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    For 'dislike' I chose:
    • I dislike having to play at very specific times
    • I am tired of playing the same events
    • The game is hard to navigate or does not provide the options I want
    First one is mostly for placement of course, but still bugs me even though I usually don't try to compete for say top 20. I'd also like to see a lot more variation in events and enemy lineups. Last point a complaint that is mostly based on the UI obviously not being designed with 200+ characters in your roster in mind.

Was tempted to choose the 'time invested' one, though.