New Feature: VIP Membership *Updated (6/17/19)

Comments

• Wolfteeth
    Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    This is the first time in the almost 3 years I’ve been playing this that i am not excited about an update.  
  • Jua1979
    Jua1979 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Wolfteeth said:
    This is the first time in the almost 3 years I’ve been playing this that i am not excited about an update.  
    I've been playing for little more than a year and I feel the same. With fewer events, it's also become extremely boring. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Machine While I can't speak for the Customer Support team's policies, if you message me, I can see what I can do about taking a look at your ticket and seeing where I can help.

As for the bugginess, I can certainly understand the frustration that comes with it, however many of the soft-lock issues players have been experiencing lately will be fixed in this upcoming 3.4 update. That's why we're very much looking forward to this build being approved and added into the game as soon as possible.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    @Machine While I can't speak for the Customer Support team's policies, if you message me, I can see what I can do about taking a look at your ticket and seeing where I can help.

As for the bugginess, I can certainly understand the frustration that comes with it, however many of the soft-lock issues players have been experiencing lately will be fixed in this upcoming 3.4 update. That's why we're very much looking forward to this build being approved and added into the game as soon as possible.
    I too took a loss from a freeze. I figured there wasn’t a chance in hell support would do anything. Has that changed? Can I appeal to you directly now?
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 832 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:

Thanks @Brigby! I sent you a message. You got my hopes up! Enjoy your holiday.
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 496 Mover and Shaker
    STOPP!

We all have opened tickets to customer support or send reports here in the forums describing those softlog problems spoiling our perfect scores etc etc etc. showing pictures of the bug + battlelog.

If Brigby is helping one of us than he should help everyone of us.
    Thats why customer support is not able to compensate.
    Everything else would be unfair.

More than 2 Month of softlog bugs now, that is impossible to compensate.

Naabaldan, MTGGOLDFISH

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    IMO it'd still be fait to compensate that player. I wouldn't grudge him, and if you'd do :consider that this would set an example to use for future reference.
    I've had that very discussion multiple times over and over again with the CS..and the no compensation for potential missed rewards always annoyed me because it's so unfair to every single player.

Even if 3.4 removes lots of soft locks etc - it would be the first update not to introduce new bugs and soft locks since the beginning of the game. The difference will be that we all have to find out about the new triggers, the beta testers who we are.
  • Klep
    Klep Posts: 52 Match Maker
    edited May 2019
    So now that this update is live, the 'Pro' rewards description in the app says that you get 20 Mana Jewels on a monthly basis instead of 40.  So I don't know why we weren't told about this change, but I feel deceived.

EDIT: It also appears the "Newest" booster has been replaced by a "VIP" booster, whatever that means.  And instead of being regular boosters the others are all "Basic" boosters which I presume means only 3 cards per pack.  This feels like a bait and switch.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,641 Chairperson of the Boards
    @klep - So v3.4 is live in your region? Android or iOS?
  • Klep
    @Tremayne Android
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Klep said:
    So now that this update is live, the 'Pro' rewards description in the app says that you get 20 Mana Jewels on a monthly basis instead of 40.  So I don't know why we weren't told about this change, but I feel deceived.

EDIT: It also appears the "Newest" booster has been replaced by a "VIP" booster, whatever that means.  And instead of being regular boosters the others are all "Basic" boosters which I presume means only 3 cards per pack.  This feels like a bait and switch.

More than likely that it's either a typo or poor governance over communication. In general, I feel like most of the many errors related to this game are subject to Hanlon's Razor.
  • Outersider
    Outersider Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Bait and switch .... what else do  you expect from a very untrustworthy company..... 
  • Tremayne
    starfall said:
    Masterpiece drop rate on the Standard boosters has been cut from 3.61% to 0.36%
    When have the droprates on MP been that good? I had no clue, but then again I have better things to do than checking the every 15 mins. 
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    starfall said:
    I see the 3 VIP ranks are labelled as '+100% value', '+170% value' and '+230% value'

What are these bonus values compared to exactly?
    I was wondering the same thing ... I bet they compare it to the basic crystal pack value ... You know, the one that makes you pay 3 bucks for a 5 cards booster ...
  • Verven
    Verven Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2019
    I can pay forVIP max $5 per month. $60 per year is way to much for this kind of game. And you want  $360!!!!!!! Wow [redacted] Wow [redacted]  Wow [redacted] !! At least  if VIP will cost $5 more people decide to buy it otherwise you made a good account calculations...

Shame!

Shame!

Shame!

Shame!

For who is this VIP, people who had money they spend them anyway for gold or hmmm mayby not... I hope you wake up. 

We waiting for apologise for trying to make as a donkeys!!

[[MOD NOTE]] Redacted profanity and corrected all caps. [[//bk]]

• Tremayne
    starfall said:
    Tremayne said:
    starfall said:
    Masterpiece drop rate on the Standard boosters has been cut from 3.61% to 0.36%
    When have the droprates on MP been that good? I had no clue, but then again I have better things to do than checking the every 15 mins. 
    Before this update they were 3.61%, and now they are 0.36%.

These are the 'Standard Boosters'  you get for levelling up, or for being a VIP.
    Sigh, so now we have to log in every two hours to see if the percentages are in our favour?!?

as mentioned earlier, got no clue this was happening. Haven’t got the energy to be aggravated.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    I tried VIP master and opend 4 booster full of non-dupe MP, 20 new MP total. Bug or not, weird anyway. 
  • Klep
    I've had a couple rough weeks so I decided to treat myself and bought the Master Tier to try out for a month.  I'm happy to report it's better than I feared above.  The VIP packs seem to consist entirely of rares and mythics from the latest set, which got me caught up quite a bit on RNA, and the packs are all 5-card packs.  If I hadn't gotten specifically Combustible Gearhulk and Olivia Voldaren from other immediate rewards I might be feeling less sanguine however.  The "exclusive deals" currently available aren't really anything to speak of: a couple negligible currency bundles, some of the M19 rare bundles, and a very slight discount on planeswalkers (10 gold off a 1c, 30 gold off a 2c).  That makes me wonder if they even know what they want these deals to be yet.  There's also a lot of additional options for avatars and titles available to VIP members, if that's something you care about.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    @Klep I think the no dupe packs are a bug, but if they are not, then that's certainly one way to boost VIP sales...