Infinite Pursuit - Discussion and Poll

13»

Comments

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    I am neutral. End of Conversation.
    jp1 said:
    GE Doom node in SCL 9 is brutally difficult. Burned through most of my A list roster and health packs and still have 2 clears left.
    3 clears is as far as I got. 

Could he nuke more often? Geez, with his passive steal he doesn’t need a feeder. 30k damage every 2 turns. Not fun. 
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    I waited until the last sub to cast my vote, and sub 4 almost swayed me to vote for dislike... Putting GE Doom with a black AP feeder really feels like a cheap shot at depleting health packs. But overall this was a pretty good event in my opinion. Some more cheap feeders like Carnage/Venom in sub 2 getting free green AP, but sub 3 was more goon filled so that balances out somewhat I guess.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    I am neutral. End of Conversation.
    jp1 said:
    GE Doom node in SCL 9 is brutally difficult. Burned through most of my A list roster and health packs and still have 2 clears left.
    That one is hard. I cleared it 4 times by Thorkoye'ing my way through (1 cover Hela isn't much use even if it's her green I have). While I didn't lose (it was close a few times though), you want to bring a stun team-up (preferably MBW) and target that black-AP generating doombot first. Even then, expect the enemy Doom to fire his black at least once or twice.

(By the way, another prime example of my pet peeve that is the total brokenness of mixing AP generating goons with tile movers -- something they simply choose not to address ever)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    DeNappa said:
    jp1 said:
    That one is hard. I cleared it 4 times by Thorkoye'ing my way through (1 cover Hela isn't much use even if it's her green I have). While I didn't lose (it was close a few times though), you want to bring a stun team-up (preferably MBW) and target that black-AP generating doombot first. Even then, expect the enemy Doom to fire his black at least once or twice.

(By the way, another prime example of my pet peeve that is the total brokenness of mixing AP generating goons with tile movers -- something they simply choose not to address ever)
    I suspect that the mover/generator pairing is an intentional design choice for making some nodes harder.  The AI, as we know, is dumb as a rock and they don't want to make it any smarter.  So one of the ways to create harder nodes is using these teams to speed up ability firing.

This particular set of characters, though, is kind of the ultimate version of this design.  Doom is stealing black and yellow when you match them, chasing those colors first (blue last), and getting free black and yellow from his Defender bot. (Also blue and green from the Brawler, which he can't do anything with.) And so he can fire black and yellow quickly.

If the designer wanted to make a hard node that slows the game down and creates a break point for rosters, mission accomplished.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    I love this event. Best new PVE story in a long time.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2019
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    I like this event. The story is not bad, with wave nodes giving out tokens, fresh combination of enemy teams, and different form of Thanos as boss at end of each sub event
    I think it is a miss opportunity introduce new goons into the event like the Outrider. Will be nice to have a new goons, since it has been a while (the last one is the Mindless Ones when Dr Strange movie released in 2016).

• darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    I do not enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    We did not like the event, but still give Kudos for the artwork, wave nodes, and varied Thanos boss fights.
    We know most speed through without a care for storyline, but I am sure some do (particularly as a new story). The scripting felt lazy at the beginning. The pre-fight writing seemed mailed in. (Suggestion: use the art assets of Thanos using the gauntlet coupled with the portal entry from Strange Sights). The premise for the final confrontation is ridiculous. [spoiler]How the heck did the surviving Avengers get the Mind and Time stones in order to conveniently restore Vision and send the time-displaced Avengers back? They retrieved the Gauntlet from Thanos? Did Thanos accidentally have some lackey send the gauntlet for polishing? That comment sounds just as ridiculous doesn't it? Here's a simple idea...Maybe have an unexpected confrontation where Nebula tries to seize the Gauntlet from a complacent Thanos (ala the comics lore) or get creative with Gamora somehow in Soul World triggering an opportunity for Doctor Strange to tap into the Time Stone's power (since he had it previously). [/spoiler]
    We can appreciate good writing and narrative. We still chuckle in Daredevil VS MPQ and enjoyed the event storylines in other PVE events (particularly Strange Sights which this shares common concepts). Folks already addressed the 5e problem with GEDoom and black feeders.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    I actually liked the final sub. If you make a node or two tricky enough that it's possible to screw up and either lose or take forever, it complicates the timing of the final clears and potentially opens up the leaderboard. To me that's better than it being decided by the milliseconds of difference between people tapping their way through endless completely brainless nodes.
    Although I do accept that that GE Doom node verges on unfair.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2019
    Did anyone else get only 1cp on the GE doom node in scl9? Is that the new normal for 5* essentials? 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    halirin said:
    Did anyone else get only 1cp on the GE doom node in scl9? Is that the new normal for 5* essentials? 
    It’s a bug.  The first sub of Cosmic Chaos is back to normal. 
  • Chitown
    Chitown Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    I do not enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    There was nothing new.  Just a reskin of the monotonous clear 4 times wait clear 3 more time PvE event.  Boss events are great because they are something different.  This event was more of the same, with cut screens that I long ago learned to skip.