Infinite Pursuit - Discussion and Poll

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    Has anyone collected the story thus far?  I'd love to be able to know how the plot turns out, but you know, I also want placement.  :neutral:
    Yeah, I feel ya.  I have no idea what happened in Cosmic Chaos either  :D
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll reserve judgement until it's over, only had the chance to play the 1st sub as I'm in slice 5. It better not be another event with nothing but Mindless Ones and Symbiotes, though. We've got enough of those.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    bluewolf said:
    pheregas said:
    Has anyone collected the story thus far?  I'd love to be able to know how the plot turns out, but you know, I also want placement.  :neutral:
    Sub 1:  "Hey, Thanos, stop!"  "Ha ha, away with you to the Quantum Realm"  "We must get out and stop Thanos." "We're out, where is Thanos now?"
    Sub 2: Dr Strange, Scarlet Witch, Warmachine and...some others (?) find Nick Fury & Phil Coulson on a SHIELD raft of some sorts. Nick & Phil believe the Avengers were soundly defeated and the SHIELD soldiers are joining HAMMER to abandon the lost cause. After fighting the traitor SHIELD soldiers, Dr Strange convinces Nick Fury that he's really been tricked into a false reality created by the Reality Stone.  Fury can now hear the rest of the Avengers on the comms, rejoins the others and it appears that the next stop of Wakanda.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    bluewolf said:
    pheregas said:
    Sub 1:  "Hey, Thanos, stop!"  "Ha ha, away with you to the Quantum Realm"  "We must get out and stop Thanos." "We're out, where is Thanos now?"
    Sub 2: Dr Strange, Scarlet Witch, Warmachine and...some others (?) find Nick Fury & Phil Coulson on a SHIELD raft of some sorts. Nick & Phil believe the Avengers were soundly defeated and the SHIELD soldiers are joining HAMMER to abandon the lost cause. After fighting the traitor SHIELD soldiers, Dr Strange convinces Nick Fury that he's really been tricked into a false reality created by the Reality Stone.  Fury can now hear the rest of the Avengers on the comms, rejoins the others and it appears that the next stop of Wakanda.
    The Raft is the prison where Cap's team who get captured in Civil War get imprisoned. In the comic books it is an island prison for bad guys. I believe that the story is paying homage to both as it is titled "Breakout" which is the name of the story in New Avengers #1 and that is the "Twisted Reality".
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2019
    I am neutral. End of Conversation.
    It's okay, but just another remix of the same ole same ole thrown together, but with new art. Absolutely nothing special about it and feels completely phoned in for what is supposed to be a "celebration." 

Least that could have done, even just for the "celebration" of endgame, would have been to have better rewards for individual nodes: elite tokens instead of standard tokens, a 4* for each of those sub ending nodes. 

And making Hela the required 5* was just petty. 

• IYeaheahI
    IYeaheahI Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I do not enjoy Infinite Pursuit

The art is high quality (as always), the gameplay is boring... as always.

Would it really hurt to throw in:
    - some new goons
    - another scoring system other then 'clear the same node 6 times (x10 nodes)'
    - another objective then 'bring down the enemies health bars to 0'
    - any other way of variation

Maybe my expectations are simply too high but to get an immersive Thanos experience I need to be fighting Black Order, I need my team to be halved during the fight, I need to be needing to match a Carol's Communicator tile to get my Cptn Marvel to help me, I need an endless (infinity) wave node that doesn't stop the onslaught until I have been able to finally destroy an infinity stone.... the possibilities are endless!

I rather play a node 8 times because it was too hard and I wasn't able to make it the first 7 times (while needing only 1 clear) then being forced to play the same trivial match 6 times. 

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    I prefer that the boosted characters make sense with the storyline the FIRST time they run an event - after that I get it that rotation is important and dictates that stuff
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    DAZ0273 said:
    The Raft is the prison where Cap's team who get captured in Civil War get imprisoned. In the comic books it is an island prison for bad guys. I believe that the story is paying homage to both as it is titled "Breakout" which is the name of the story in New Avengers #1 and that is the "Twisted Reality".
    That makes more sense.  
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I am neutral. End of Conversation.
    It's just like every other event, thus far. Double ISO is nice, but it's not introducing any new play dynamics that change anything, nor have they fixed the Mindless Ones after numerous complaints about them. At this point we might as well be screaming into the void about things they could do for QoL improvements to PVE when one of the most glaring - The Mindless Ones and their tile placement - is never addressed. 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    I do not enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    Wonko33 said:
    I prefer that the boosted characters make sense with the storyline the FIRST time they run an event - after that I get it that rotation is important and dictates that stuff

This entirely.  I almost want to start a new thread to make this point more strongly.  Rotation of 2* & 3* Essentials especially doesn't need to be as rigid as the Devs have imposed on themselves.

The 5* order is more important given the rarity and HfH store people do plan around.  Though this one they've broken a few times recently, re-running Okoye only a few events ago. 

2 rules that should be adopted:

- New Story event - handpick the essentials to match the story for the 1st run for all * levels.  Seems a no-brainer for Infinite Pursuit that all essentials should have been Avengers.   How this was missed I don't know!

- First PVE using new 4* - handpick the 2 & 3* essentials to compliment the 4* to better highlight what the 4* is built to do

With the vast character count neither of the above would likely need too much adjustment to the natural order.  The fact that they don't think this and didn't attempt this for Infinite Pursuit does point to phoning in the "celebration" which is unfortunately disappointing but not surprising.

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Where is the "I can't give a real opinion because I wasn't lucky enough to pull Hela so I can't take part in the whole event" option?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    I'm having fun with it. Fenris got a pretty good workout in the second sub 5* Essential, which was cool. The structural differences from previous events are small, but are universally positive.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    DO NOT SPOIL INFINITE PURSUIT
    :wink:
    Not to be that guy about spoilers but there is a formatting option to enclose any giveaways....
    So that people whom may want to read a general thread won't have plot details given away before they can get a chance to read it cuz tinykitty work had them traveling until 4 hours before the 1st sub ended.......it's totally not a thing at all but to a larger point in general when talking about source material and how to discus about things that may or may not be known to everyone reading it.  
    just poking a lil cuz I agree 10,000,000,000X to the 8th dimension with the thread abut Endgame spoilers. 

If your not sure a spoiler tag would apply; try this formulae: If I am talking about "what happened?" then apply  a spoiler.
    If something is current... then apply a spoiler....
    If something is a climax, Integral mystery, or key reveal....then apply a spoiler!

- Couldn't agree more with the disappointing selection of req'd chars. Old. zero synergy, flavor, generally considered low end.(Also no Avengers on the boosted list?), my guess is maybe sandman will make a cameo in Far From Home and be announced as the feeder for 5* Mysterio?
    - I truly hope that they seize the opportunity and rerun this event in two weeks with a 2/3/spoiler/5eye for the release! 
    - I don't mind so much the ctrl-v repackaging of the levels. No new goons but it does have different maps, story, cut scenes. I certainly greet this to the rotation as "new" content. one less time playing MR&G is welcome relief(even if it's FFW). Keep up the good work, appreciate the efforts to keep it fresh

#freeFightForWakanda
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I'm enjoying it overall and think the format is slightly better in this & Cosmic Chaos than older events like Meet R&G, The Hunt etc.
    Echoing others in...
    • preferring the single play through of the loaner node (although in my case I don't mind playing normal loaner nodes, I just don't like the immediate drop off of points and wish you could do 4 clears at full value)
    • The wave node for variety and extra vault tokens
    • New story and artwork
    • New combinations of enemy characters, although Cosmic Chaos did this better, at least after the first two subs of Pursuit
    • Final single play boss node each day, both the battle and for narrative purposes
    Glad to see Cosmic Chaos has entered rotation and hope this does too.
  • TPF Alexis
    edited April 2019
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    OK, one complaint: It's too easy to misread the title as Infinite Fursuit ;)
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    purplemur said:
    DO NOT SPOIL INFINITE PURSUIT
    :wink:
    Not to be that guy about spoilers but there is a formatting option to enclose any giveaways....
    So that people whom may want to read a general thread won't have plot details given away before they can get a chance to read it cuz tinykitty work had them traveling until 4 hours before the 1st sub ended.......it's totally not a thing at all but to a larger point in general when talking about source material and how to discus about things that may or may not be known to everyone reading it.  
    just poking a lil cuz I agree 10,000,000,000X to the 8th dimension with the thread abut Endgame spoilers. 

If your not sure a spoiler tag would apply; try this formulae: If I am talking about "what happened?" then apply  a spoiler.
    If something is current... then apply a spoiler....
    If something is a climax, Integral mystery, or key reveal....then apply a spoiler!

- Couldn't agree more with the disappointing selection of req'd chars. Old. zero synergy, flavor, generally considered low end.(Also no Avengers on the boosted list?), my guess is maybe sandman will make a cameo in Far From Home and be announced as the feeder for 5* Mysterio?
    - I truly hope that they seize the opportunity and rerun this event in two weeks with a 2/3/spoiler/5eye for the release! 
    - I don't mind so much the ctrl-v repackaging of the levels. No new goons but it does have different maps, story, cut scenes. I certainly greet this to the rotation as "new" content. one less time playing MR&G is welcome relief(even if it's FFW). Keep up the good work, appreciate the efforts to keep it fresh

#freeFightForWakanda
    Sandman already feeds green goblin.

I would not be shocked if flint marko showed up in far from home. Homecoming had vulture. Shocker, tinkerer, scorpion, and prowler.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds like something Kraven might wear...or maybe Squirrel Girl?
  • TPF Alexis
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    Sounds like something Kraven might wear...or maybe Squirrel Girl?
    Kraven. Definitely Kraven.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    GE Doom node in SCL 9 is brutally difficult. Burned through most of my A list roster and health packs and still have 2 clears left.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards