Infinite Pursuit - Discussion and Poll

jackstar0
jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
Just curious about the rest of the opinions of the boards on this new Story Event.

So far, I'm enjoying it. Not a drastic change, but some very positive aspects.

Pros:
1. No loaner node that has to be repeated.
2. A tough, but not painful wave node

Cons:
1. Mindless ones are SLOW to fight
2. Hela's turn in the rotation was ill-timed to coincide with a new event like this (IMO). Just because she's new, I don't think she serves the role of a standard 5* to see how that would play.

Please share your vote and your thoughts as we go.

Infinite Pursuit - Discussion and Poll 89 votes

I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
70%
Wonko33trat73IridiousTaganovZommyGDwymtimemoss04MrBowersSymmeTreyLFChikarasonStevO-JLoosieZootSaxwingXjackstar0rainkingucdMalcrofLLohmCPD01JackDeath666 63 votes
I do not enjoy Infinite Pursuit
8%
firethornePunter1Weltenzeichnermega ghostdarkwatcherDEZGraysunDIYeaheahIChitown 8 votes
I am neutral. End of Conversation.
20%
KolenceDeNappaoptimus2861Tony_FootThe Viceroy ReturnsDyingLegendmarshallHilkfurbear00000kk3thessBzhaispidyjedi84marvel075BanquettoScuba193KalidorpeterdarkTherealsmkspy 18 votes

Comments

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    I am enjoying the event but agree they could have had a 5* avenger as the essential or captain marvel if they wanted it to be a latest legend 
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    Liking the event, odd that the essentials are ana xman and aa spde villain though, neither from the current mcu 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    I was happy Eddie Brock was in the Sandman essential as he makes the one extra shield you need to not have to fire yellow twice
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    The no yellow node is one of the best things about this. Other than that it is another pve event that is tied to timers. 
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Decent event. Nothing new. Too soon to use Hela, but whatever, I was lucky to pull 1 cover so I’m not too mad. But I feel bad for anyone that hasn’t been able to. 
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Happy for new content, even if it's a bit thin on 'content'. Just wish these things came back once they run.

We never saw the Spiderverse event again. Or Fight for Wakanda. Or the Captain Marvel one.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    marshall said:
    Happy for new content, even if it's a bit thin on 'content'. Just wish these things came back once they run.

We never saw the Spiderverse event again. Or Fight for Wakanda. Or the Captain Marvel one.
    Raid events went over like a lead balloon thanks to the way they segmented out the points based on your difficulty level.  We'll see if they rearrange the scoring or just leave them aside.

FFW was mothballed because many players hated it and the way the mechanics seems unfair ("neutral" tiles mostly benefitted the AI).

Cosmic Chaos could (should?) run again fairly soon, but it's only been a month and a half (3/7 was its first run).  Simulator and Hearts of Darkness, both part of the standard event rotation, have yet to be run since CC's first time out.   I actually wouldn't be surprised if CC is the Ronin launch event, or the one following.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    It's fun. I mean we're only one side node in so far.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    "I do not enjoy Infinite Pursuit" is a little harsh. I'm largely neutral, but also disappointed — I was hoping for some new goons and some new dynamics, something to freshen up PvE, but we got symbiotes and more of the same. I also wish it was more liberal with event tokens, and I'm surprised that the boosted list isn't more relevant for the first run.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    I'm not really sure. The boost list is very good but also a bit wonky with the likes of Medusa in it. The Essentials are even more of a (non Doctor) strange affair - surely having Avengers would have been appropriate? When they went to the effort of making the storyline you would have just thought they might line that up a bit or given us another loaner node with a 5* Avenger to use like they did with Cap Marvel's event. Still there are more days to run yet...

I had better not complain too much as I already am in the naughty book...
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    jackstar0 said:

Cons:
    1. Mindless ones are SLOW to fight
    Champed Dr Strange says what now? :)  I'll take Mindless Ones over a lot of other types of goons...especially Ultron Sentries.  Strange makes the Mindless Ones go down very quickly.

I'll agree with the comments that the boost list is a bit..unrelated to the event itself.  I would have expected a lot of Avengers on the boost list, or indeed nobody but Avengers.  This event would be a good test if they wanted to bring back the Heroic mechanic and limit the characters that can be used in the event.  See how people do with Avengers only.

• MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    I’m enjoying so far but maybe because I was lucky to pull a Hela cover before this event started. I just hope it just doesn’t disappear like the wakanda pve 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    I clicked "Enjoy" because I appreciate any new content. In reality, though, I'm just plowing through this one with my Strang3/Okoye or my Gritty. I don't have Hela yet  :( , Sandman is my second-worst covered 4* char (1/1/1) and 3ambit just plain-ol' sucks.  
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 4E node in the first sub is Carnage, Venom, plus a symbiote. That's exactly the node in Venom Bomb that generated a lot of complaints, and they eventually responded by toning Carnage & Venom down in that node. But here? Nope, full power annoyance. 

All the characters they have in the game, and they lazily reuse an exact node design that was particularly loathed from an old event, then forget its history. Come on, guys. Do better than this. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone collected the story thus far?  I'd love to be able to know how the plot turns out, but you know, I also want placement.  :neutral:
  • bluewolf
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    pheregas said:
    Has anyone collected the story thus far?  I'd love to be able to know how the plot turns out, but you know, I also want placement.  :neutral:
    Sub 1:  "Hey, Thanos, stop!"  "Ha ha, away with you to the Quantum Realm"  "We must get out and stop Thanos." "We're out, where is Thanos now?"
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    bluewolf said:
    pheregas said:
    Sub 1:  "Hey, Thanos, stop!"  "Ha ha, away with you to the Quantum Realm"  "We must get out and stop Thanos." "We're out, where is Thanos now?"
    The thing that confused me was the reference to being in space with a picture of Ant-man? I haven't played day 2 yet though. Edit: I'm assuming that reference should have been to "sub-space" not just space but does Ant-man say anything in the dialogue? Can't remember. In which case I guess we are just supposed to link him to the Quantum Zone regardless of the story dialogue.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    The first con is nothing new to me, and I don't consider the second con to be related to my enjoyment of the event itself. Now the pros aren't necessarily worth writing home about either, but I was just happy to not see any environmental tiles, and a variety of opponents on the nodes. I'd have been pretty upset if it was all mindless ones, or all dark avengers. I personally enjoy it when the harder nodes encourage me to use a variety of teams, instead of just bowling everything over the GRocket's strikes and a jacked up Medusa. 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor

I put I don't like, but I guess I'm more neutral.  This PVE is the same as every other PVE and is a grind. 

Sure there's a single play yellow node, yey small victories.  Where's the innovation or excitement though, it's more of the same goons and enemies in the same grindy format.  Get rid of a trivial node or 3, add a couple of interesting puzzle nodes like Kaecilius anything would be welcome. 

I also don't understand why they have essentials that have zero tie in to Endgame!  I know there's a rotation to the essential characters but it's a 10yr event, use some imagination and switch it up to make some sort of attempt to keep it interesting for us players.  It's not like there isn't enough characters available to make this happen. 

• bluewolf
    I enjoy Infinite Pursuit
    The small improvement of the one-time yellow node is a plus.  I like wave nodes that award vault tokens vs a lot of the other events where you get a wave in the H3 and no "extra" reward of a vault pull.

At this point it seems clear that the basic design elements of the game aren't being significantly modified for a while.  The code is so old I'm not sure how possible it is.

I would have liked some more challenging boss nodes.  Maybe there's another Thanos node in sub 4.  The fact that there are so many Villains in the game but we are mostly seeing goons galore is a bit of a let down so far.

I agree that this specific run of the event should have been better planned out in terms of the essentials etc.....make it feel more special!  The rotation will always be there and you know it'll be right back to it after one event.