I just realized 2 things i've never noticed before

2»

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think there's also often a designated goon who fires their CD tile first.  There are a few nodes where when I remember, I park them in front of Strange and watch them die for their effort.
    I don't think that's the case.  Strange's passive fires whenever a power is fired, so it's not necessarily the goon in front.  If I remember correctly, it's RNG who fires once there's enough AP.  
    Right.  But in some nodes, let's say its Thug1/Muscle/Thug2, I've noticed that its Thug2 that drops the tile.  I anticipate this and bring Thug2 up first.. Before he fires his CD.

Play a goon node and take note of who drops CDs first.  Then on the subsequent playthroughs, adjust the enemy line so  you target the tile dropper first.  That way you're not playing catchup on CDs that may resolve before you can kill the tile dropper.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    pheregas said:
    I think there's also often a designated goon who fires their CD tile first.  There are a few nodes where when I remember, I park them in front of Strange and watch them die for their effort.
    I don't think that's the case.  Strange's passive fires whenever a power is fired, so it's not necessarily the goon in front.  If I remember correctly, it's RNG who fires once there's enough AP.  
    Right.  But in some nodes, let's say its Thug1/Muscle/Thug2, I've noticed that its Thug2 that drops the tile.  I anticipate this and bring Thug2 up first.. Before he fires his CD.

Play a goon node and take note of who drops CDs first.  Then on the subsequent playthroughs, adjust the enemy line so  you target the tile dropper first.  That way you're not playing catchup on CDs that may resolve before you can kill the tile dropper.
    Hmmm, I'll take a look next time it's Maggia.  I know with the HAMMER goons, it's random.  There are some nodes with the girl with night vision goggles (i think that's what she's wearing) that fires the purple AOE; when there are two of them, it can be either who fires first..
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Are you thinking of ‘spy’?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once upon a time when it was roster based scaling it was always the highest leveled goon that placed the CD. You could in those days get an odd level on the goons (ie something like 200/200/201) due to roster based scaling not dividing perfectly by 3.

Now it's all fixed scaling (same levels for all 3 goons) but I wonder if the game has retained which goon got the odd numbered level first and so sometimes it's the 2nd or 3rd goon that always drops the CD instead of the first one.

KGB
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    I just noticed that if you stun the Teisatsu ninja before you down him he won't put out the three attack tiles, I've done it a few times since, I wonder if it would work on 5* Phoenix, Doom, or Loki 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just noticed that if you stun the Teisatsu ninja before you down him he won't put out the three attack tiles, I've done it a few times since, I wonder if it would work on 5* Phoenix, Doom, or Loki 
    Phoenix has a note saying that her return power still works while she's Stunned. I don't know about the other two, but I seem to recall hearing people talk about Doom clearing APS tiles if downed while Stunned.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    It's one of the reasons why I like to use my 2/0/0 5* Thanos to clear the trivial nodes rather than champed 3* Thanos-- you kill one of the non-Teisatsu ninjas, then all other targets get stunned before Thanos' passive kills them and therefore, no attack tiles!
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    Phoenix has a note saying that her return power still works while she's Stunned. I don't know about the other two, but I seem to recall hearing people talk about Doom clearing APS tiles if downed while Stunned.
    Perhaps becomes once Doom is downed, he's no longer stunned, so the stun cannot prevent his death effect from resolving. If so, Loki may work the same way. Stunned Loki is downed, stun is removed, death effect resolves and his resurrection trap gets put down. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    just wanted to check in with the Thano5 cascade thing - I now believe it's my Elemental Guns fortifying a strike mid-cascade that's doing it. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    just wanted to check in with the Thano5 cascade thing - I now believe it's my Elemental Guns fortifying a strike mid-cascade that's doing it. 
    Yeah, those will interrupt a cascade, and then once anything does interrupt it, Court Death resolves.
    JSP869 said:
    Perhaps becomes once Doom is downed, he's no longer stunned, so the stun cannot prevent his death effect from resolving. If so, Loki may work the same way. Stunned Loki is downed, stun is removed, death effect resolves and his resurrection trap gets put down. 
    Yeah, I'm not saying it's an error, just that the power descriptions aren't 100% clear, and I can't recall being in a situation myself where it would have come up.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof said:
    Cascade damage always goes down with each cascade by a certain %. It is here somewhere, will find it and link it. 

edit: found

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/30756/cascade-damage
    This is why strike tiles are the best in the game. Your match damage will reduce in a cascade, but so long as you have strike tiles on the board that don't get cleared or matched in the cascade, you'll do the base damage of the strike tiles at a minimum, plus the diminishing cascade damage. 

So if you have strikes that will do a total of 5,000 damage+match damage, if you get a cascade you'll do a minimum 5K damage each match, no matter how much your match damage diminishes. Unless, of course, one or more of your strikes gets matched or cleared. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa said:
    marvel075 said:
    the first thing: whenever you place a critical tile on the board, it generates 1 AP in the tile it replaces, (try it out with 2 star bullseye and see for yourself)

the second thing: idk why it took me this long to notice it but the damage of cascades do LESS damage than making the original match, (like if you match purple, it does full damage, but if you cascade 3 times and it makes another purple match within that cascade, it would do like half the damage of matching it originally)

what else have you guys JUST now noticed or noticed before in-game relating to the gameplay?
    Is this on active powers only?  I have never seen it from all the crits that America Chavez places for example.  
    Actually it is with America Chavez that I found out about this. She does indeed gain AP for the tile her crit is placed on.