I just realized 2 things i've never noticed before

marvel075
marvel075 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
edited April 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
the first thing: whenever you place a critical tile on the board, it generates 1 AP in the tile it replaces, (try it out with 2 star bullseye and see for yourself)

the second thing: idk why it took me this long to notice it but the damage of cascades do LESS damage than making the original match, (like if you match purple, it does full damage, but if you cascade 3 times and it makes another purple match within that cascade, it would do like half the damage of matching it originally)

what else have you guys JUST now noticed or noticed before in-game relating to the gameplay?

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Cascade damage always goes down with each cascade by a certain %. It is here somewhere, will find it and link it. 

edit: found

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/30756/cascade-damage
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Speaking of cascades: I discovered that Court Death will generally interrupt one at the least opportune time, using a logic I can't discover, though seemingly intended to maximize the self-harm involved. 

Sometimes it makes 2 matches, other times 1, other times it fires after the first match if you down somebody with it, and even if it would drop into at least 1 other match it triggers first.
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    I have noticed that if a support fires off from the initial match then court death will trigger even if there is cascade to follow
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was at first thinking that any match Thanos wasn't tanking would result in the interrupt initially, but I'm not 100%

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I was at first thinking that any match Thanos wasn't tanking would result in the interrupt initially, but I'm not 100%

I've tried but still can't make sense of that one either :) -
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I had been playing MPQ for over three years before someone on the forums let me know that you can see which goon placed a certain countdown by switching goons and seeing which countdowns pulse.
    Made taking out the right goon to avoid damage a lot less guess-y and a lot more precise. 
    And I just found out this tidbit today and have played for just as long, but been on the forums for less time. Thanks!
  • Xheroe
    Xheroe Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I had been playing MPQ for over three years before someone on the forums let me know that you can see which goon placed a certain countdown by switching goons and seeing which countdowns pulse.
    Made taking out the right goon to avoid damage a lot less guess-y and a lot more precise. 
    You are officially my new hero. :blush:

Feeling pretty stupid now for not having seen this earlier...

Anyway, this is going to help a LOT! 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    marvel075 said:
    the first thing: whenever you place a critical tile on the board, it generates 1 AP in the tile it replaces, (try it out with 2 star bullseye and see for yourself)

the second thing: idk why it took me this long to notice it but the damage of cascades do LESS damage than making the original match, (like if you match purple, it does full damage, but if you cascade 3 times and it makes another purple match within that cascade, it would do like half the damage of matching it originally)

what else have you guys JUST now noticed or noticed before in-game relating to the gameplay?
    Is this on active powers only?  I have never seen it from all the crits that America Chavez places for example.  
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Maybe everyone else already knew this but it was new to me. I recently discovered that you can stun an opponent who is invisible. Now, obviously, you can't specifically target an invisible opponent, but if you have a multi-opponent stun like Spider-Gwen your stun apparently supersedes their invisible.

I was playing against Prof X and trying my hardest not to let him get invisible, unfortunately he beat me to it. I decided to ignore him for a few turns to focus on this two teammates. Eventually I got my Spider-Gwen enough pink to fire her stun hoping (but not expecting) it would target the two active opponents. I figured worst-case scenario it would target one and the second going to waste on Prof X like when it targets an immune-to-stun opponent such as Ultron. As expected it did not specifically target the two active opponents, it did however land successfully against Prof X, overriding his invisible, making him now prone to attacks. Was a nice little surprise to help finish him off.

I forgot to look if it destroyed his invisible tile or not or if it just negated his invisibility.

I assume it would work with others who have group stun abilities (such as Peggy), but I have not confirmed that yet.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    I seem to remember something similar with airborn and/or invisible overriding an ally stun. Example, say one of your chars just got 4-turn stunned by Iceman. I think a make-allies-invisible (like AgVenom or InvWoman) or make-allies-airborn ability (like Gwenpool, maybe Colossus?) overrode the stun.

Airborn allies aren't great, necessarily, but they're better than stunned (no damage, at least). Invisible allies are obviously better than stunned allies.

I might be off a little on this, but I remember it was something like that.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    AOE will always hit someone invisible, even with a stun component. The invisible person can't dodge the area.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    And I just found out this tidbit today and have played for just as long, but been on the forums for less time. Thanks!
    Xheroe said:
    You are officially my new hero. :blush:

Feeling pretty stupid now for not having seen this earlier...

Anyway, this is going to help a LOT! 
    Glad to be of help, nice way to pay it forward and score some karma points I guess. ;)
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember when they added this feature.  Such a huge QoL improvement.  No more guessing which CD went with which goon!

Didn't know that critical tiles generated AP under any circumstances.  Will have to test
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Criticals generating AP: I've noticed this with 1* Spidey for a while now. There's usually too much going on to tell if it's happening with MEHulk, tho.
    I don't think I've ever seen Court Death interrupt a cascade. But I have noticed that if any other match triggers something that will interrupt the cascade (e.g. 2*Bullseye or Daken), Court Death will then take effect before the cascade continues.
    The Stun, Invisible, and Airborne conditions are all mutually exclusive, yeah. If a character would be affected by more than one, only the last one will actually be in effect.
    Also, Airborne characters can't take damage, but they can benefit from team healing, which is kind of odd.
    I think I recently solved another: When a mission requires you to use a specific character, but not a specific version of that character (e.g. any Black Widow), it often auto-selects seemingly really odd choices. I think, but haven't been able to confirm or find a counter-example, that it picks the one you most recently recruited or trained. Hence why it seems to like the 2* versions so much in those nodes.
  • marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2019
    Warbringa said:
    marvel075 said:

Is this on active powers only?  I have never seen it from all the crits that America Chavez places for example.  
    yep, she also generates AP when she creates a critical tile

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    <snip>
    I don't think I've ever seen Court Death interrupt a cascade. But I have noticed that if any other match triggers something that will interrupt the cascade (e.g. 2*Bullseye or Daken), Court Death will then take effect before the cascade continues.
    <snip>
    Yep. Any other passive triggering mid cascade will allow Court Death to interrupt it. Otherwise it will wait for the end of the move.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whenever someone brings this up in the forums, it's always new information to someone. One of those hidden factoids that isn't very obvious in-game.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Whenever someone brings this up in the forums, it's always new information to someone. One of those hidden factoids that isn't very obvious in-game.
    I think there's also often a designated goon who fires their CD tile first.  There are a few nodes where when I remember, I park them in front of Strange and watch them die for their effort.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    Dormammu said:
    I think there's also often a designated goon who fires their CD tile first.  There are a few nodes where when I remember, I park them in front of Strange and watch them die for their effort.
    I don't think that's the case.  Strange's passive fires whenever a power is fired, so it's not necessarily the goon in front.  If I remember correctly, it's RNG who fires once there's enough AP.