Incorrect Bonus Hero Cover Reimbursement (4/12/19)

2»

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    tiomono said:
    Shame something like this wasn't done when America Chavez was handing out Jessica Jones covers in the wrong order =(
    What do you mean wrong order? That it's not 1st color then 2nd then 3rd. She is the only 5* feeder that is different, but she still is that way.

Every other tier has variations in the order of rewards. They never announced that the colors would come in a specific order for all champ rewards. So it's odd for sure, but not an issue in the grand scheme as long as she gives 6 covers.
    Actually, pretty sure when they announced the first set of 4* feeders they said 5* covers would always be rewarded in order from top to bottom. Jessica Jones is the only goof up so far by going top, bottom, middle. 

I think the idea was to provide consistency and a small measure of comfort knowing that if you only managed to get a 5* character to, say, 2/5/5 before they left Latest that their 4* feeder would just need to get to 280 for that final cover. But that's just my observation. 
    I don't remember them ever saying that. It started on 11-17-17 with vulture giving 5* Peter parker. Nowhere in that announcement do they say it will be rewarded top to bottom for every character. There is no other star tier that consistently rewards covers top to bottom. The 5 star tier is definitely on that path since only 1 character breaks that mold, but I have seen nothing I can remember that said they would follow that strategy.

If you can find a quote I will gladly stand corrected. This just seems like another case of players picking up a pattern and assuming that's how it always should be unless the devs say different. And any deviation from a pattern without communication is seen as a slight to the players. Even though there is no clear communication on a pattern being the plan.

Examples would include when starting with Emma the latest 4*'s being featured more often in story modes. Also getting a 5* feeder monthly. When it was actually statistically closer to one every 20 days until our recent dry spell.

Players latch on to patterns and get very bent out of shape when the pattern is broken. Even when there is no actual announcement of a pattern. People are always clamoring for something new and different but when the dev's try new and different things (often without announcements) they get chewed out a bit on these forums. 

Edit: I found the original announcement. Brigby makes a comment on page 1 referring to a question on if it will be top to bottom. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68964/updates-to-4-star-champion-rewards-11-17-17/p1 he said "he assumes" which is not an official promise of consistency to a pattern moving forward.
    The anniversary thread was where the feeder announcement for JJ was made and where the error was first noticed. Apparently, Brigby had listed the rewards in the usual top, middle, bottom order, but once people started receiving them, they noticed they were out of order, so raised the question in the thread. 

You can see his response that her order will remain the same, but future releases would follow the top, middle, bottom order. 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/75370/mpq-5th-anniversary-celebration-updated-10-23-18/p17

So while it may not be an "official" answer, it certainly seems unofficial at the very least. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    tiomono said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    tiomono said:
    Shame something like this wasn't done when America Chavez was handing out Jessica Jones covers in the wrong order =(
    What do you mean wrong order? That it's not 1st color then 2nd then 3rd. She is the only 5* feeder that is different, but she still is that way.

Every other tier has variations in the order of rewards. They never announced that the colors would come in a specific order for all champ rewards. So it's odd for sure, but not an issue in the grand scheme as long as she gives 6 covers.
    Actually, pretty sure when they announced the first set of 4* feeders they said 5* covers would always be rewarded in order from top to bottom. Jessica Jones is the only goof up so far by going top, bottom, middle. 

I think the idea was to provide consistency and a small measure of comfort knowing that if you only managed to get a 5* character to, say, 2/5/5 before they left Latest that their 4* feeder would just need to get to 280 for that final cover. But that's just my observation. 
    I don't remember them ever saying that. It started on 11-17-17 with vulture giving 5* Peter parker. Nowhere in that announcement do they say it will be rewarded top to bottom for every character. There is no other star tier that consistently rewards covers top to bottom. The 5 star tier is definitely on that path since only 1 character breaks that mold, but I have seen nothing I can remember that said they would follow that strategy.

If you can find a quote I will gladly stand corrected. This just seems like another case of players picking up a pattern and assuming that's how it always should be unless the devs say different. And any deviation from a pattern without communication is seen as a slight to the players. Even though there is no clear communication on a pattern being the plan.

Examples would include when starting with Emma the latest 4*'s being featured more often in story modes. Also getting a 5* feeder monthly. When it was actually statistically closer to one every 20 days until our recent dry spell.

Players latch on to patterns and get very bent out of shape when the pattern is broken. Even when there is no actual announcement of a pattern. People are always clamoring for something new and different but when the dev's try new and different things (often without announcements) they get chewed out a bit on these forums. 

Edit: I found the original announcement. Brigby makes a comment on page 1 referring to a question on if it will be top to bottom. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68964/updates-to-4-star-champion-rewards-11-17-17/p1 he said "he assumes" which is not an official promise of consistency to a pattern moving forward.
    The anniversary thread was where the feeder announcement for JJ was made and where the error was first noticed. Apparently, Brigby had listed the rewards in the usual top, middle, bottom order, but once people started receiving them, they noticed they were out of order, so raised the question in the thread. 

You can see his response that her order will remain the same, but future releases would follow the top, middle, bottom order. 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/75370/mpq-5th-anniversary-celebration-updated-10-23-18/p17

So while it may not be an "official" answer, it certainly seems unofficial at the very least. 
    Fair enough. I would call that official. 

She still gives 2 of every color though so I don't see it as a huge deal I guess. If she gave useless covers such as this topic was announcing fixes for, that would be way different.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    tiomono said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    tiomono said:

Fair enough. I would call that official. 

She still gives 2 of every color though so I don't see it as a huge deal I guess. If she gave useless covers such as this topic was announcing fixes for, that would be way different.
    Right. It's a frustrating inconvenience at best for those with a 5/2/5 JJ with an America just below 300. They'll still get there, it will just take longer. Conversely, those with a 5/5/2 JJ and a similar America are likely happy with it. 

But, as illustrated from a few of the responses of people in that situation, it can be somewhat disheartening to expect one thing but then end up with another. So I can see why people would be irked by it.