R175 Release Notes *Updated (4/1/19)

13»

Comments

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, I think when she was first introduced SWitch had pretty much this costume. Then after a few weeks it got updated along with Quicksilvers art. My guess would be that QS is the next alternate costume on offer...

I'll pass, this deal is just not worth it... don't need HP or Iso.

I'm still waiting on the first costume that will be available for 'achieving something in the game' as stated intially. Yeah, I know... heat death of the universe seems closer than that...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    No reason to believe it would/could happen, but I want it to be the original Darkhawk.

Buuuuuuuut.... new 4* Thor?
    That;s entirely possible since War of the Realms is kicking off.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Pepper Potts could be it, she did wear the armor in iron Man 3
    I would love to get Rescue in here and the MCU.
    Hilk said:
    SW looks glazed over now, vs mad...
    I like the old one better.
    i wonder why they spend the effort to change that. 
    I feel like it's kind of a side-grade. The old version conveyed emotion and intention. The new version looks like she has enough power that she's just dismissive of whoever she's blasting right now.

OK, having seen her in the game, I'm much less of a fan. It looks OK in the Roster view, but when she's up front on her team, she looks like Tammy Faye Bakker.
    Or maybe Divine...

Tammy Faye:

Divine:

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    So Scarlet Witch's art update was obviously linked to a costume release.  I'm a bit surprised nothing similar came of the art update for 2*/3* Captain Marvel.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Aren’t we supposed to have found out who is re-donning the armor by now?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    Aren’t we supposed to have found out who is re-donning the armor by now?
    Sneak Peek indicates no new release this week, which suggests we won't get a new character until the next Thursday, the 18th. Odds are they won't tease/reveal the new character until the 15th/16th earlier that week.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    You may have noticed lately that Marvel likes to put out a large press release for all their games around certain big pushes (FF in Jan, CM in March).  So it is likely that is the plan around Endgame as well.  It is also possible that they decided on a certain release window for all Endgame characters which MPQ may not have been planning on and had to postpone their next character as a result (also, an Endgame character 2 weeks prior to the movie would have been a bit soon).

I am curious whether the next release will be a mid week starting next Monday, or if they will release 2 4' s in 2 consecutive weeks or something else to get back onto the normal release schedule.  One reason the hint comes with the release notes is that the releases often contain tech for new characters.  So the tech gets pushed out and then the character is activated a week later.  Obviously the devs have schedules they follow to push out the content and such and delaying things too long will cause issues for them.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

You know what would be cool? Civil War releasing two fourstars at once. Just wishful thinking on my part though.

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:

You know what would be cool? Civil War releasing two fourstars at once. Just wishful thinking on my part though.

I, on the other hand, am hoping we get a break rather than more accelerated character releases.  Hela was already ahead of schedule.  I appreciate breaks from "the chase" and allowing my resource mill to recover a bit.
    This times about a million...
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Well as long as the next 4* doesn’t skip Magik and go straight to tali’s for the shield training, I’ll be happy. I have actually managed to get her to 10 covers this time. Can’t say the same for talos though
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    •  "Re-Donning The Armor"
      Don Cheadle link with War Machine seems most likely.  But, I just did see something interesting.

Source: https://www.cbr.com/marvel-studios-reveals-disneys-first-what-if-story/

"In his presentation, Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige announced that one of the first of the new series will offer a different take on Captain America's origin story. It will look at what would happen if Peggy Carter received the Super Soldier Serum and Steve Rogers instead received an armor suit from Howard Stark."

Perhaps an Iron Steve to go along with MPQ's own Captain Peggy?

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    While that would be super awesome, it wouldn't make sense to get Iron Steve until sometime after November, since that's when D+ first launches.