R175 Release Notes *Updated (4/1/19)

Comments

• TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I likes SWitch better before they tarted her up.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dont mind the visual change.  Looks like shes awake now, versus just half-tinykitty-ing it.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    PiMacleod said:
    I dont mind the visual change.  Looks like shes awake now, versus just half-tinykitty-ing it.
    If they're going to start doing minor facial tweaks they should just go whole hog and redesign the character.  Granted, at least this one is noticeable.  The one's to Carol, most people were like waaaaait, something's different but i don't know what... I guess that would cut into costume revenue... A majority of the art is good, but how about we get an official poll on who should get plastic surgery?  I mean in some cases, it's not cosmetic, but medically driven (I'm looking at you deviated septumed 3*Cap :D... fyi years ago they just all of the sudden decided Cap's nose needed to be skinnier, it was quite jarring back then)
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Switch change made me think of a very famous YT critique of Episode 1.

"What happened to your face?!"
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pepper Potts could be it, she did wear the armor in iron Man 3
    I would love to get Rescue in here and the MCU.
    Hilk said:
    SW looks glazed over now, vs mad...
    I like the old one better.
    i wonder why they spend the effort to change that. 
    I feel like it's kind of a side-grade. The old version conveyed emotion and intention. The new version looks like she has enough power that she's just dismissive of whoever she's blasting right now.

OK, having seen her in the game, I'm much less of a fan. It looks OK in the Roster view, but when she's up front on her team, she looks like Tammy Faye Bakker.
  • zeroswitch
    zeroswitch Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2019
    Hilk said:
    Yeah, especially when there's more obvious ones to update.   (Squirrel Girl, really, please.)  
    I don't mind the art where  Wanda's just standing, but in a match when she's facing sideways, it looks.... kinda awful.   :#   I really, REALLY preferred the old art in that case.

• TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    SWitch looks like she got hit with Homer's makeup gun.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I doubt we get an Iceman re-do because the Iceman we have is Teen Iceman, and he's supposed to look like a doofy snowman.

What we really need is a true 616 Iceman, a 5* Omega Level Mutant. (you know, the other guy on 4* Iceman's comic cover)
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Iceman will get the highest vote to be the first in line for makeover.  :o
    3* Bullseye is a close second 
  • Korky1
    Korky1 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    "Re-Donning The Armor" I am not sure it is armour, but what about Ant-Man Hank Pym?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    ZootSax said:
    Brigby said:
    •  "Re-Donning The Armor"
    Character guess time:
    "The Armor" --> Iron Man Suit
    "Re-Don" --> Second time for Don.

Don Cheadle was James Rhoades in Iron Man 2 and a new version of James Rhoades would be the second in MPQ.  5* Warmachine coming for Avengers: End Game.

(probably wrong, but that's my guess and I'm sticking to it...even if it's a fake, April Fool's hint)
    Could work for several for Endgame. Mainly those 2, but Thanos or Cap would work as well. We could use a normal Iron Man (not Hulkbuster) or Cap (not Sam or Peggy as Captain America) at the 4* tier. We don't have a Thanos at that tier either. And both War Machine and Falcon would be candidates for a 5* MCU version (War Machine more likely for several reasons at this point).

Everyone is kinda "suiting up", so to speak, but those are the handful most associated with "armor" (where Hawkeye or Black Widow or Ant-Man aren't, for example).

I'd be kinda okay with any of them. I suspect Iron Man is more likely to be a big 5* for marketing purposes to tie into the movie, but any of that group at a 4* would be cool (and I'm down for a 5* War Machine if any of the leaked merchandise or toys for Endgame actually represent a suit from the movie, some of those are pretty rad, but I think after Carol Talos and Hela as a 5/4/5 we're probably due a 4 instead of ANOTHER 5 at this point).
    Some toys already leaked a new war machine armour for endgame, very much like the first hulk buster armour. A war buster at 4* would be prefect partner to hulk buster.  
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Scarlet Witch looks creepy from the side view...Did not need an update.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hilk said:
    Yeah, especially when there's more obvious ones to update.   (Squirrel Girl, really, please.)  
    I don't mind the art where  Wanda's just standing, but in a match when she's facing sideways, it looks.... kinda awful.   :#   I really, REALLY preferred the old art in that case.

So they can give her a costume without re-hiring the artist that did the animations in the first place, presumably.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    So no one thinks "Don" is a clue?

War Machine (played by a Don) or Thor (Donald Blake) in Odin's Armor(?) seem like where the hint is pointing if it's meant to be at all obvious.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    So no one thinks "Don" is a clue?

War Machine (played by a Don) or Thor (Donald Blake) in Odin's Armor(?) seem like where the hint is pointing if it's meant to be at all obvious.
    Well, we don't have an Odin-son 4* proper.  We've got Lady Thor, though.  A Donald Blake would fill out tiers 2-5.  Hopefully he carries an umbrella.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    You all have it wrong, Maggia Don is tired of getting the Flames of Faltine in the face 3 times a turn, so is getting some protection.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    Warbringa said:
    I think Iceman will get the highest vote to be the first in line for makeover.  :o
    3* Bullseye is a close second 
    I don't think it is close. Bobby by far the most needed. Bullseye just lookl comically manic. 
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Ah... It makes sense now.... Costume drop for Scarlet Witch (PG version)