R175 Release Notes *Updated (4/1/19)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R175 update!

R175!
  •  "Re-Donning The Armor"
What's Changed:
  • Further reduced the loading time it takes to enter a new event
  • Tiles that reduce the Ability Point cost of friendly powers no longer do so when Locked
  • Enemy Captain Marvel (Galactic Warrior)'s Photonic Rush will correctly destroy rows when activated
  • Countdown tiles created by Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force)'s power Countdown for What will now be activated while Deadpool is stunned.
  • On PC builds of the game, the Sell Character pop-up screen can no longer be dismissed without selecting Cancel. (Doing this previously would create a situation where the player could not progress)
Character Changes:
  • Scarlet Witch has had some of her art updated with a refresh
v v v Old Artwork | New Artwork v v v

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Character guess time:
    "The Armor" --> Iron Man Suit
    "Re-Don" --> Second time for Don.

Don Cheadle was James Rhoades in Iron Man 2 and a new version of James Rhoades would be the second in MPQ.  5* Warmachine coming for Avengers: End Game.

(probably wrong, but that's my guess and I'm sticking to it...even if it's a fake, April Fool's hint)
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    No reason to believe it would/could happen, but I want it to be the original Darkhawk.

Buuuuuuuut.... new 4* Thor?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Brigby said:
    Character guess time:

Don Cheadle was James Rhoades in Iron Man 2 and a new version of James Rhoades would be the second in MPQ.  5* Warmachine coming for Avengers: End Game.

(probably wrong, but that's my guess and I'm sticking to it...even if it's a fake, April Fool's hint)
    Could work for several for Endgame. Mainly those 2, but Thanos or Cap would work as well. We could use a normal Iron Man (not Hulkbuster) or Cap (not Sam or Peggy as Captain America) at the 4* tier. We don't have a Thanos at that tier either. And both War Machine and Falcon would be candidates for a 5* MCU version (War Machine more likely for several reasons at this point).

Everyone is kinda "suiting up", so to speak, but those are the handful most associated with "armor" (where Hawkeye or Black Widow or Ant-Man aren't, for example).

I'd be kinda okay with any of them. I suspect Iron Man is more likely to be a big 5* for marketing purposes to tie into the movie, but any of that group at a 4* would be cool (and I'm down for a 5* War Machine if any of the leaked merchandise or toys for Endgame actually represent a suit from the movie, some of those are pretty rad, but I think after Carol Talos and Hela as a 5/4/5 we're probably due a 4 instead of ANOTHER 5 at this point).
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    ZootSax said:
    Brigby said:
    Character guess time:

Could work for several for Endgame. Mainly those 2, but Thanos or Cap would work as well. We could use a normal Iron Man (not Hulkbuster) or Cap (not Sam or Peggy as Captain America) at the 4* tier. We don't have a Thanos at that tier either.
    Oh, yeah. Thanos hung up the armor on his farm in the trailers. He’s supposed to put it back on for End Game. And if this is a 4*, that leaves room for a 5* Nano Iron Man. Guess it’s cool.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanos removed his armor during Infinity war and true to the comics it's hanging like a scarecrow in a field. He'll be re-donning it in End Game. 4* Thanos incoming.

P.s. Now I must watch Infinity War again, I never tire of watching Thanos beat the **** out of the Hulk. It brings a tear of joy to my eye every time!
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Somebody tell me I'm not slowly losing it... Scarlet Witch had her art slightly altered, right? 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    StevO-J said:
    Somebody tell me I'm not slowly losing it... Scarlet Witch had her art slightly altered, right? 
    Oh! Good call. I'll update the release notes to include an example of the art refresh for Scarlet Witch
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phew... mental stability intact (for the time being...?)  :#
  • ZootSax
    Options
    @JHawkInc, now that you mention it, Clint Barton as Ronin makes a lot of sense, particularly if it’s a 4* released before the movie.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    @JHawkInc, now that you mention it, Clint Barton as Ronin makes a lot of sense, particularly if it’s a 4* released before the movie.
    I skipped over him because it's not like he had classic "Hawkeye Armor" to put back on, and wouldn't be "re-donning" the way Iron Man or Captain America or Thanos might, since they would be kind of resuming the Infinity War fight. But when you consider that he's been drawn out of retirement by the events of Infinity War, it totally fits him for Endgame, too.

I kinda hope we get a couple of these.
  • ZootSax
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    I kinda hope we get a couple of these.
    I wouldn’t think anyone would complain about 3-4 straight Endgame tie-in releases...even if we got another for the DVD/BluRay release.   I sure wouldn’t and I wasn’t even a huge fan of Infinity War.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So with end game coming up I can see Ronin Hawkey, or 4* Thanos.  Who I would like would be professor Hulk or at least a rework of Banner.  

Or or maybe we are all wrong and it is an armored Pepper Potts!
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pepper Potts could be it, she did wear the armor in iron Man 3
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Pepper Potts could be it, she did wear the armor in iron Man 3
    I would love to get Rescue in here and the MCU.
    Hilk said:
    SW looks glazed over now, vs mad...
    I like the old one better.
    i wonder why they spend the effort to change that. 
    I feel like it's kind of a side-grade. The old version conveyed emotion and intention. The new version looks like she has enough power that she's just dismissive of whoever she's blasting right now.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's too bad Disney Plus isn't launching soon....I was hoping the hint was for Boba Fett.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Character Changes:
    • Scarlet Witch has had some of her art updated with a refresh
    With all due respect, what on Earth is the point of this (and the other recent very slight visual tweaks)? If the art department has time on their hands to fiddle with this stuff to such a meaningless extent, I can't help feeling like the funds could be better spent elsewhere. I... just... why?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This sounds like a 4* stark iron man, his final. Just a guess.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Iron Man nano armor, first 6* for Endgame. 
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    TPF Alexis said:

The new version looks like she has enough power that she's just dismissive of whoever she's blasting right now.
    She now looks to me like she's doing tricks at a kid's birthday party.