Game down? [Fixed]

Options

Comments

• KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seriously I have no motivation without my morning MPQ.. 
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Justin was on Discord performing the IT Core Directive... Turning it off and on, One machine didn't work so now he's sourcing an alternative Hamster.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The hamsters are the real victims in all this. 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,566 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Concave said:
    axmoss said:
    I guess it's onto marvel battle lines
    Is it any good?

Just my 2 cents, it's quite fun, but I lost patience when every time my phone went on standby, the ongoing battle was forfeited. At least MPQ keeps the battle when I open it again hours later.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't get all the "there goes placement" fuss. Multiple people have stated in this thread that every platform is having the same problem, so it's probably impacting everyone else in your bracket. I get that some people might be able to start the sub more optimally when the servers come back up, but that likely means they haven't been able to play the rest of the subs optimally, so T50 probably won't swing that much, especially in a 7 day event.
  • Raithe1
    Raithe1 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Game Still Down... any word?

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mattjimf said:
    Justin was on Discord performing the IT Core Directive... Turning it off and on, One machine didn't work so now he's sourcing an alternative Hamster.
    Petsmart isn’t open yet.  
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2019
    Options
    DARNIT!!!  Now I'm going to have to actually work...

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't get all the "there goes placement" fuss. Multiple people have stated in this thread that every platform is having the same problem, so it's probably impacting everyone else in your bracket. I get that some people might be able to start the sub more optimally when the servers come back up, but that likely means they haven't been able to play the rest of the subs optimally, so T50 probably won't swing that much, especially in a 7 day event.
    From the conversation on Discord it sounds like a small portion of people have been able to log on for quite some time now.  This will definitely skew placement.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If someone played optimal clears, doing them when sub opens and when it closes, they will lose points for last 3 clears to those who played suboptimal and have done all 7 clears before the server crashed.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    elvy75 said:
    If someone played optimal clears, doing them when sub opens and when it closes, they will lose points for last 3 clears to those who played suboptimal and have done all 7 clears before the server crashed.
    I'll add on that if they get it running at any time after s1 next sub opens, then optimal points will still be less than any other shard since we won't get a full 24 hour point refresh like s2-s5.  Point availability will be less for s1.  
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    pheregas said:
    elvy75 said:
    I'll add on that if they get it running at any time after s1 next sub opens, then optimal points will still be less than any other shard since we won't get a full 24 hour point refresh like s2-s5.  Point availability will be less for s1.  
    I'm more concerned I won't be able to find the time to get the Shuri cover from pvp... 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Still down at 9:39 AM U.S.A. Eastern Time. This makes work so boring. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    peterdark said:

I'm more concerned I won't be able to find the time to get the Shuri cover from pvp... 
    S1 still has 30+ hours left in PVP.  I think we'll have time for that.  :smile:
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    pheregas said:
    peterdark said:

S1 still has 30+ hours left in PVP.  I think we'll have time for that.  :smile:
    I normally get 3 wins on my lunch break so I don't need to use health packs. Will probably get the chance to get a couple of wins this evening but looks like I'll have to go on a rampage tomorrow morning before work. Stupid real life getting in the way of what matters... oh wait  ;)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is this the longest period that the game server has ever been down since 2013/2014?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like the Amazon S3 outage was longer than this at current downtime, but that may not have been a total outage?
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So that server upgrade a little while back went well i assume?
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is this the longest period that the game server has ever been down since 2013/2014?
     Now that you mention it…  that was much longer but it’s still early