Roster Slot Discount! *Updated (3/25/19)

Options

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just spent 24K for 30 roster slots for my 3* farm. I already have 3 dups rosters so first 33 have slots. I expect to buy 10 more before the sale ends in a few days so the entire 3* farm came at a 20% discount.

This is why I hoarded 50K+ hero points :)

KGB
  • guvuh
    guvuh Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Now my only question is how many to buy, but this sure feels like the time to spend.
    I've only ever spent HP for anything other than roster slots once (10-packs in that recent Wakanda Vault to get that sweet 3* RTF support), so I feel like I can safely spend the majority of my hoard on this sale without feeling short-handed elsewhere.

I totally agree with what Warbringa says.  I absolutely love having maxxed out 3 stars.  I'm not very competitive, just play for fun, so it makes for way better play for me to have them max champed when they are boosted.  
    it's so fun to see all the **** they kick.  so I am working on dupes for all my three stars as they hit champ.  it would break my heart to sell one at this point and be stuck with a barely leveled dupe.

and also by the time I reached max champed 3*s, HP has never been a real concern.  sometimes it even reaches 12,000 and then I splurge on shields or buying out one of those 40 token mini vaults.  

the way I deal with ISO, ever since saved covers were introduced, is that I let the incoming covers dictate who I level up next.  so, my Sandman is at 240 right now.  next cover I get for him, I immediately devote the next bunch of ISO to leveling him to 250.  once he's at 250, I wait til I get another extra cover and bump him up to 260. 

but I'm in no hurry to champ Sandman, so I'll just wait til I get him enough times to make him 270.
    so along the way, whenever an unchamped full covered dupe 3 star comes up, I devote 18,000 ISO into leveling them up.    you go from 40 or whatever the starting level is to 113, then 113 to 135 and so on.  but it's determined by the game's own randomness how soon that 3* Magneto makes it to 166.

so it's fun to watch the garden grow as it will.

all that said, I  burned about 5000 HP on this roster sale, just stopping when I had about 5,000 left over, just in case, but by the time it's gone, I think I will buy two more slots.  it's a total investment at the level we are at.

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jackstar0 said:
    At this point... why are you at 300+ slots? I'm just not there and don't understand that level of the game.
    Kev said it the best.  

Kevmcg said:
    I second the post above.  Farm everything. At later stages of the game, the ISO and HP constraints are not at strong.  CP is everything to get the new 5* covered quickly for use and the slots needed to keep the flow of resources.

I'm at 361 slots now after buying 8 more with this sale.

Roster makeup (361 slots and counting)
    1* - 1 of each maxed (just to be a completionist - only used in DDQ)
    2* - 4 of each maxed (5th building - used as PVE fodder for Thanos to not worry about hpacks on easy PVE nodes)
    3* - 2 of each maxed (3rd building - also for PVE fodder, but having two maxed saves packs on PVP climbs also)
    4* - 1 of each maxed (2nd building - this takes forever for a non-spender like me)
    5* - 1 of each champed
    1*- 4 BW and Jugs
    2*-2-4 of each one champed plus the farm on of each character.  Also 3 full champed Bag man plus his framing one. 
    3*-Goal is to have 2 fully champed plus the feeder one. 
    4*- 20 fullly champed plus their dupe.  Also have 14-4* at level 360-369 
    5*- One of each 
  • stepalene
    stepalene Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    That one is best thinking,  merci  :D
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,656 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got three - one for my next dupe 3*, one for CM5 when I finally get her and one for next 4. I may get 2 more before sale end depending on whether I decide to cash in on my max champed Thor after his PvP.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,335 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I got three - one for my next dupe 3*, one for CM5 when I finally get her and one for next 4. I may get 2 more before sale end depending on whether I decide to cash in on my max champed Thor after his PvP.
    Do it!  PvPs take a long time to cycle through - about 6 months - and you’ll get plenty of 3Thors from the 2 farm. 
  • IYeaheahI
    IYeaheahI Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    I think I broke the code!

All this time I was waiting for special events like Infinity Wars, the MPQ Anniversary or Christmas for cool offers to arrive.

Turns out that it is the ending of the fiscal year that triggers them! :wink:

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IYeaheahI said:

All this time I was waiting for special events like Infinity Wars, the MPQ Anniversary or Christmas for cool offers to arrive.

They had this sale last year right after New Year's. I was hoping for similar timing this year, because I had enough gift cards from Christmas that I would have bought a Stark and then used it all for slots. That would have netted me 25 instead of 20.

Gift cards have long since been spent, so no money from me this time, Demiurge/d3.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    IYeaheahI said:

They had this sale last year right after New Year's. I was hoping for similar timing this year, because I had enough gift cards from Christmas that I would have bought a Stark and then used it all for slots. That would have netted me 25 instead of 20.

Gift cards have long since been spent, so no money from me this time, Demiurge/d3.
    Same here. Maybe they use their RNG to pick dates for sales...?
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    This is another sound approach to the problem. Sell a max champ right after its required event if you have another champ ready to go. Then you have lots of time to re-champ them. If you play lightning rounds, it’s a good plan to keep those 3*s as max champs, though. 
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    Unexpected and greatly welcomed!
    Ended up spending about 15K. Will need to start duping my 3*s in the near future so these will come in handy indeed.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I decided to nab an even ten roster slots, which brought me up to exactly 200 total roster spots.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I managed to open one roster slot.... spent all my HP on slots just before this. 
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,577 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kept waiting for this, then finally spent my saved HP on Fury's costume more out of frustration than anything else and of course that's when the sale starts.... bought 2 slots, instead of the 12 I bought last year.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for the advice on the other (now closed) thread everyone.
    I decided to nearly empty my hoard and bought 22 discounted slots. That should last me for a while.  ;)

Pulled a 3* R&G and decided to start my first 3* dupe with it rather than add another champ-reward to my level 264 primary char. 

3* FARM - HERE WE COME!!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Merged same discussion topics together
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    And kaboom, it's over around 9:43 AM Eastern Time USA.
    Got everything I wanted from this (cleared out the HP hoard) but would it really kill the developers to tell players the end times for these things?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,335 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And kaboom, it's over around 9:43 AM Eastern Time USA.
    Got everything I wanted from this (cleared out the HP hoard) but would it really kill the developers to tell players the end times for these things?
    I had been thinking "noon EDT".  Good thing I bought the last slot I wanted about an hour ago.