Roster Slot Discount! *Updated (3/25/19)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited March 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Update: Due to the server issues earlier today, we are going to extend the roster slot sale for another day.  An in-game message communicating this will be visible later today.
-----
Hi Everyone,

Growing out your roster more? Perhaps you snagged yourself a new character from the Storied Legends Store. Whatever the reason, we hope you get excited about our Roster Slot Discount!

For a limited time, you can get 20% off on all purchases of Roster Slots. This starts on 3/22/19 and ends on 3/25/19, so get them while you can!
Tagged:

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As someone about to cycle their 3* farm and need 40 plus more roster slots all I can say is "Whoo Hoo"

This is the best deal offered in a long time  <3

KGB

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2019
    Options
    YAY!!!! Take advantage of the Roster Sale, because these are rare and far in between. I also need it for my 3* farm and those new 4* or 5* releases every 2 weeks. Like the one next Thursday.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Figures the day after I bought a roster spot on both my accounts.  Don 't really have the HP to take advantage anyway
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I bought two yesterday as well. Typical. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,923 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I bought two yesterday as well. Typical. 
    I can top that.  I meant to buy a 10 pack in the Fury vault and accidentally bought a 40... ouch.  There goes almost all my HP reserves!
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A roster slot sale is just a HP saile in disguise.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,334 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    St1nkf1st said:
    A roster slot sale is just a HP saile in disguise.
    True.  And at the same time, an HP bonus offer is a roster slot discount.

It all depends on what you use it for. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you! <3
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Now my only question is how many to buy, but this sure feels like the time to spend.
    I've only ever spent HP for anything other than roster slots once (10-packs in that recent Wakanda Vault to get that sweet 3* RTF support), so I feel like I can safely spend the majority of my hoard on this sale without feeling short-handed elsewhere.

19K+ HP in reserve and all 2*-5*s already on roster (finally got DOOOOOOM two days ago, and Bagman last week).
    Realistically I'm about 2-3 months away from my first couple of max-champ 3*s. Guess I better learn fast what it takes to start a 3* farm.

Any recommendations?
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow.....ok so perhaps one of the best deals offered in a while, load up everyone!
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Two takes on 3* farm.  The more common, and more logical one from someone at your point in the game (since you haven't maxed champ any 3* yet, just guessing though) is to roster the second 3* until you get the necessary 13 covers and then sell your max champed 3* and reinvest directly into your new 3* copy.  Some people begin this process before they max the champ in case they get cover distribution problems.  I haven't really found that to be an issue with 3* since they are still relatively plentiful.   

I took the more difficult approach of keeping all my champed 3* and just rerostering all 3* and champing them from scratch.  Unlike my 2* farm, which I generally recycle, I didn't want to recycle 3* since it takes longer to champ them.  I could do that because I am iso/HP flow positive and don't have much other uses for those resources at this time. I look at my 3* max champs simply as banked roster slots and iso.  I could liquidate them at any time and gain a couple million iso and dozens of roster slots if really needed. I have lost nothing by not selling my maxed champ 3*, it is just a bank of assets that I can turn to when needed.   It just depends on your resource income and stage of game play.  My guess is that you need the iso and roster slot from selling and recycling the max champed 3* so that is the way to go unless you happen to have loads of surplus iso and HP like I did.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now my only question is how many to buy, but this sure feels like the time to spend.
    I've only ever spent HP for anything other than roster slots once (10-packs in that recent Wakanda Vault to get that sweet 3* RTF support), so I feel like I can safely spend the majority of my hoard on this sale without feeling short-handed elsewhere.

19K+ HP in reserve and all 2*-5*s already on roster (finally got DOOOOOOM two days ago, and Bagman last week).
    Realistically I'm about 2-3 months away from my first couple of max-champ 3*s. Guess I better learn fast what it takes to start a 3* farm.

Any recommendations?
    Assuming you're 2* farming already, I would bonus hero all the 3* that have two star feeders since you'll consistently get covers from those.  If you have the slots and aren't a 5* player, keep the 3* max champ while building up the dupe.  I hold onto mine since it makes pvp and pve easier.  Others sell for the iso immediately upon rostering a dupe because they need the iso or they're a 5* player and all they need is 1 3* cover to do the pve essential node.  

3* farming loses you minimal iso over a long period, but the resources you gain with each champ level (hp, cp, 4* covers, etc) outweigh the investment cost...

Not sure if I answered your question or not.  If not, reply back...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     Guess I better learn fast what it takes to start a 3* farm. Any recommendations?
    Keep your max-champed 3s when you achieve them, if you can afford the roster slots to farm dupes. They're nice to have in PvP as boosted max-champed 3-stars can be quite a boon. It's a grand feeling when you max-champ that last 3-star and have them all on your roster at 266.

I've managed to roster dupes of all the 3-stars. Having saved covers is a godsend because all my ISO is still funneling towards wrapping up the 4-star tier (almost finished!). My duped 3-stars are amassing saved covers that will later net me many champ rewards once I have the ISO.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I sold my first 6 or so max champ 3*s around anniversary time to chase Howard and devil d in the vaults as a 4* player. I got what I needed, but since champing a 5* I really regret flipping them. pVP is a nightmare with baby champ requireds in single-5 MMR. Highly recommend keeping them if you can.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I really like this idea, still have to pay 1.600 HP for a roster slot over 300.  That is just a big kick in the stomach. So for a Stark or $100 you can get 12.5 slots.  That just seems excessive. 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At this point... why are you at 300+ slots? I'm just not there and don't understand that level of the game.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have all 5*s and 4*s rostered, all 3*s at lvl. 266 plus a dupe, all 2*s at 144 plus 2 dupes (1 being levelled, 1 at 94) and all 1*s rostered (and some levelled). I think I have the odd 4* dupe (non levelled Prof X for example) and I'm at about 270 slots in use now.

I just splurged on slots and am now up  to 300 slots, so thanks for the sale!

However, seeing as the number of characters has only been growing and I am nearing 300 without being a super intensive player, I'd be willing to say it doesn't need a lot of 4*dupes to exceed the 300 slots in use. Is it not about time the price after 300 is lowered to 1000 HP? I don't see myself needing 300+ slots any time soon, I can still sell off quite some dupes if the need ever arises, but I think there are a lot of folks out there that would welcome this... and I think the 300 limit is not that high anymore, especially when starting a 4* farm.

Just throwing it out there.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,923 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jackstar0 said:
    At this point... why are you at 300+ slots? I'm just not there and don't understand that level of the game.
    It’s not that unreasonable. The short answer is farming.

I have one copy of all 1s, 4s, and 5s rostered. I have three copies of all 2s (would like a fourth if I ever get post-iso). And I have two copies of all 3s (slowly working on third copies as the seconds approach max-champ status). 
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I second the post above.  Farm everything. At later stages of the game, the ISO and HP constraints are not at strong.  CP is everything to get the new 5* covered quickly for use and the slots needed to keep the flow of resources.

I'm at 361 slots now after buying 8 more with this sale.

Roster makeup (361 slots and counting)
    1* - 1 of each maxed (just to be a completionist - only used in DDQ)
    2* - 4 of each maxed (5th building - used as PVE fodder for Thanos to not worry about hpacks on easy PVE nodes)
    3* - 2 of each maxed (3rd building - also for PVE fodder, but having two maxed saves packs on PVP climbs also)
    4* - 1 of each maxed (2nd building - this takes forever for a non-spender like me)
    5* - 1 of each champed