Blue needs a nerf.

Options
124»

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    @Mburn7 - very true. These cards will not create any loop (I tried to make a couple of looping cards but they just felt samey to BSZ, so I thought up something different).

The red and green can instantly kill most PWs with a few support cards, but they should kill in two rounds and perhaps prevent being killed by a BSZ loop.

I agree the black one is not very good. I had an idea about discarding cards and then either apply some kind of effect for each type of card discarded this way or return a number of creatures from the GY, but creatures just felt like the green card was copied and I couldn’t find any effects that was really thematic.

so this was I came up with during writing the post.
    Yeah, it is definitely hard to come up with super broken stuff that remains in-color.  You did a great job!

I would think an OP-level black card would be something like a plague wind that also reanimates a bunch of stuff (at least 3 creatures should do it).  But even that isn't nearly as strong as BSZ.  I don't think anything even can be (since even HUF is a bit tricky to cast sometimes and has a small downside)
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

I would think an OP-level black card would be something like a plague wind that also reanimates a bunch of stuff (at least 3 creatures should do it).  But even that isn't nearly as strong as BSZ.  I don't think anything even can be (since even HUF is a bit tricky to cast sometimes and has a small downside)
    You mean like Living Death?
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,613 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @Mburn7 - thank you very much. 😁 

A board clear for black is a good suggestion, perhaps combined with a hand clearance also, so something like this.

Undead army
    black - spell - cost 12
    destroy all creatures on the board, for each creature and creature reinforcement create a undead soldier (2/2 undead soldier token death touch). Then summon a death’s lieutenant (which grants Defender and menace to undead creatures). Empty your opponents hand.

BTW - perhaps the red Inferno spell should also fetch the next inferno to spice it up a bit.

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,613 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @starfall - I see what you mean about Nature’s Wrath.

I must admit that I assumed that the creatures where green when I wrote the cards text, but somehow that was not added to the text. Perhaps changing the text on natures wrath to “the next 3 green creatures” would rein it in a bit, but not sure it makes a big difference.