So long, farewell Auf wiedersehen, goodnight

Options
13»

Comments

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I dropped out of a competitive alliance yesterday.  Just the thought of doing another grind for no reason for another 4 that I'll never use made me so very non-excited to keep playing.  

If the point is to keep collecting and leveling up heroes so you can use them and change the way the game is played, something big needs to happen.  Once you leave 4-land, it seems like there is no incentive to keep playing.  

Devs:  Please add something to the game that rewards a player for a deep roster.  Not just gated rewards, but also fun challenges that could be overcome by finding new combinations.  Something like a regular gauntlet with combined arms and/or balance of power mechanics would be fun.  Maybe run the simulator that way.  Just something.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gotta say, I've chosen CL9 thinking Cable would help me muscle through so I could get some more Talos covers.
    God what a mistake. I don't know why anyone plays CL9 regularly if the 5* boosted isn't Thanos, Okoye or Thor.

I'm questioning my time, feeling like I'm going through the motions. I want to champ God Doom and Carol Danvers because I like the the actual characters rather than their kit. But...I don't know if I can be bothered pouring more covers into them afterwards.

I enjoyed 5* land for a while but now every day is the same thing. At least in 4* land there would be some variety with which 4*s were boosted this week. You'd have to change things up, maybe bring in a 3* or two. But 4*s hit so much weaker compared to 5*s it feels like I'm gimping myself if I did so.

The other 5*s I want to champ are basically out of the question unless I want to pour a ton of CP into classic tokens.

Yeah, starting to feel like Broll does, tbh.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dilution is going to get us all at some point.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I'm at an uncertain point right now. I start a new job Monday, which means I'm going to have to move to 9.3 permanently rather than 9.1 I've always played in. This now means my sub end time will be 10pm. I'm not sure how much I'm going to want to play at that time of night. It will literally be the only slice I can play! I still enjoy this game, but feeling a bit like I may end up quitting simply because I'm too tired to play when I need to. I wish time slices were not a thing. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gotta say, I've chosen CL9 thinking Cable would help me muscle through so I could get some more Talos covers.
    God what a mistake. I don't know why anyone plays CL9 regularly if the 5* boosted isn't Thanos, Okoye or Thor.

I'm questioning my time, feeling like I'm going through the motions. I want to champ God Doom and Carol Danvers because I like the the actual characters rather than their kit. But...I don't know if I can be bothered pouring more covers into them afterwards.

I enjoyed 5* land for a while but now every day is the same thing. At least in 4* land there would be some variety with which 4*s were boosted this week. You'd have to change things up, maybe bring in a 3* or two. But 4*s hit so much weaker compared to 5*s it feels like I'm gimping myself if I did so.

The other 5*s I want to champ are basically out of the question unless I want to pour a ton of CP into classic tokens.

Yeah, starting to feel like Broll does, tbh.
    You need to keep developing your roster.  Most of my 4* are maxed champs dupes or over 350.  I find those 4* easily hold their weight against even level 460 5*.  

Personally, the game changes once you have high level 4* champs over 360.  4*/5* doesn’t really matter.  They all rely on a power set focus which is just as easily countered by another combo.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Makes sense. I've seen high level or near max level boosted 4*s in PvP that look monsterous.
    My work prevents me from getting 4* rewards from placement in PvE, sadly, so I rely on legendaries and the freebies from progression.
  • MaxPowers
    MaxPowers Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The game really doesn't reward you for playing at a higher level, and it is totally sapping my urge to keep playing.

Chasing 5* requires an unhealthy amount of play. There are a ridiculous amount of 4*s now yet the game treats them like some kind of rare commodity. Don't even get me started on the awfulness that is supports and the support circut.

I am becoming more and more tempted to sell off my entire roster and quit the game cold turkey.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    While I didn't sell off my entire roster, I did pretty much just stop playing.  I've only done 3 of the Deadpool nodes each of the last three days, but have no motivation to do anymore.  I'm kind of surprised how easy it was to step away from an activity that I've been doing for pretty much at least an hour a day for five years.
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I quit a few months ago (except for a few nodes of Deadpool Daily every few days when I remember to bother). It's been great! Sooooo much more time to play actually fun games, even while pooping! I was here from the beginning more or less, got to 5* land, but then there's nothing else to do. I might have hanged around longer if the devs had given a roadmap of the future and something seemed fun down the road, but as it is, I believe the game will just continue the way it has, and that's just tedium for 5* players. RIP
  • Nick441234
    Options
    I unfortunately have indeed made the decision today to scale back my PVE participation considerably. A new job has forced this due to the ridiculous time slices we have the in the UK 1pm, 5pm, 10pm, 3am & 7am. Now being only able to play the 10pm slice competitively its given me no other option but to stop playing competitively (who on earth can motivate themselves to grind that late at night?). I'm pretty gutted cause I still enjoy this game. 

Max progression and done moving forward. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ...... Now being only able to play the 10pm slice competitively its given me no other option but to stop playing competitively (who on earth can motivate themselves to grind that late at night?).
    Ummm.....I play the 11pm EST time slice competitively.  Some people are night owls or just don't have to go into work early.  I'm both. 
  • Nick441234
    Options
    bbigler said:
    ...... Now being only able to play the 10pm slice competitively its given me no other option but to stop playing competitively (who on earth can motivate themselves to grind that late at night?).
    Ummm.....I play the 11pm EST time slice competitively.  Some people are night owls or just don't have to go into work early.  I'm both. 
    Well I applaud you. I have to get up for work at 5.30am now, so will be hitting the bed then!