So long, farewell Auf wiedersehen, goodnight

Options

Comments

• ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Every time the survey pops up and it asks "how likely are you to recommend to a friend" I put 5... "Why did you put 5?" > Because the game is fun, but requires a HUGE time commitment if you want consistent progress. 

Feel you on that. Regarding the possibility of things changing to trigger you coming back, I've looked forward in time and saw 14, 000,605 different possible out comes. How many change your mind? .... None!
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @broll there was a time that we didn’t see eye to eye on a lot of issues in the game.  Now we have been on the same side.  The things you have mentioned are the things that many of us have been talking about for a long time.  It sucks to lose another voice on the forums to bring this issues up time after time even though we know they won’t get resolved.
    Good luck to you.  
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I’m honestly surprised people play as long as they do, I’m coming up on two years and it is far and away the longest I have ever consistently played anything other than RL sports. If the game is still going when I’m at 4 years or whatever a lot of you vets are at I’d be amazed if I wasn’t bored out of my mind.

I already consider it a significant accomplishment to the dev team that I’m not bored yet and I’m a noob.

Anyway, good luck friend. Hope to see you back one day.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree 100%. The game desperately needs a handful of changes that just never seem like they are coming.

Good luck in your future endeavors! 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    can't argue any of those points. it'd be nice if the devs would take a month or two off from releasing new characters and fix a bunch of quality of life issues that are lingering. obviously they need to make money and obviously they figure the best way to do that is to pump out new characters so the chances of them doing this seem slim to none at this point.

i don't blame anyone for leaving. so much potential for this game is wasted.
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Glad to see that I’m not thee only one quitting.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Goodbye Broll!
  • SaltyK
    SaltyK Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Take care! 
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi @broll It's always a sad day when a veteran player like yourself decides to step away from even just the forum, let alone the game in its entirety, so it's very unfortunate to hear that you'll be leaving.

I want to thank you though for providing such insightful feedback prior to your departure. It will help us tremendously in isolating the key issues that veteran players feel are the most negatively impacting their experience, so we can work on improving those aspects of the game.

I do hope that one day you'll return, however even if not, I wish you the best of luck in all of your endeavors and thank you for being a part of our community through both the highs and the lows.
    Thank you @Brigby
    I really hope Devs could see how to make this game better because all the issues the OP mentioned, really have a negative impact on most of the veteran players's experience.

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Take care @broll. There are definitely areas the dev team can improve on, and I think the points you bring up are reasonable and fair. The forum will be less colorful without your sense of humor and wit. Best wishes on your next adventure!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Goodbye and enjoy your found lost hours of free time :D
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    All the best is wherever you end up.  Part of my wishes I could join you.  I spend way too time on this game for as little free time as I actually have.  While I have my complaints about the game nothing quite enough to justify leaving.  Hope you find something good to do to fill the time.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    It's too bad you're moving on but also understood.  Looking over your issues, it's hard to argue for any significant change on most of them.

I agree. Not saying his issues aren't real, but they have basically been around forever. Not sure what the final straw was. 
    Getting fully into 5* land is basically beating the game. Can't hate on someone quitting a game they beat.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Goodbye and good luck @broll.  We may not have seen eye to eye on several issues, but our opinions were both based on our enjoyment and our perceived improvements for the game.

I respect that and wish you well on whatever comes next.
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Best wishes to you, @broll!

I quit the game for a good 2 years and returned about a year ago and, really, some of my gripes for quitting so long ago are the same as yours now. The "scheduling your life around the game to get any meaningful progress" thing is probably the thing that most rubs vets wrong as they are approaching burnout. There has to be a way (maybe a non-end-time based SCL10 PVE?) to get rewards less tied to very specifically scheduling your life around a game.

But... that being said, just stepping off the treadmill for a while can do wonders. The core gameplay here is still very fun, despite some less than great trappings. But, I also think that no game is going to keep anyone entertained forever, so, maybe it's only natural to leave any game at some point.

In any case, hope you find something more fun to do for a while and maybe return one day.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

None of the above requires any new dev work and probably not much manpower at all, but would go a long way toward revitalizing what is quickly becoming a repetitive slog.

Heh.
    I agree with everything you said (the streak breaker in particular is something I've specifically mentioned in the past several surveys I've taken) but this made me chuckle and sigh and the same time. 
    A streak breaker WOULD be "new dev work" (even though it would be the biggest QoL improvement since forever), even if it seems trivial.

The moral of the story = NOTHING in game dev is quick or easy...

Oh, and best of luck @broll
    Going on 4+ years playing myself, and sometimes wonder why I still do.
  • Arks
    Arks Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    >I want to thank you though for providing such insightful feedback prior to your departure.

LOL...as if these are points no one has raised before. This is brand new information!

They try to make changes where no one asked (*cough* supports) and ignore the most blatant changes that could be made: most of the (new) characters SUCK and need to be revamped.

Sure some of them are outclassed because they're older but there's no reason why brand new 4/5 stars should be terrible. There's no point to chasing them since they are too slow to use in PVP/PVE. That's why everyone uses the same teams.

They have stats on which characters are used the most. Maybe they can check the bottom of that list and FIX the characters that no one uses. There's nothing more disappointing than pulling a 5 star and, oh look, it's Wasp. If you're not going to fix garbage 5 stars then at least let me trade them in for tokens or something.

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I think almost all veterans have thought of leaving, and sometimes I ask myself why do I still play. Supports are a mess and 5 land is boring, it has always been but now with 32 chars (I think), there is simply no excuse why there is basically two or three combos between chars in 5 land. We used to need to have strategies, and matches to actually fire powers! And now on top of that new 5s are useless. I dont know how Devs have released this last batch of 5s. I dont get it. There are other issues that are harder to get right, but releasing four useless 5s in a row is inexcusable.

I just want Devs to think of this, for all of us who were hoarding CPs and LTs because we were naive enough to think that Carol was going to be amazing, we will need to wait another 5 months to spend our hoard, 5 months with 0 new chars! Plus fhe months we have been saving already! This is going to kill the game for us.