Supports only apply to one version of a character

13»

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    Truthfully it works both ways.  Most of the times its better to have the AI default to the biggest dupe. and there are just as many times where you want the AI to pick weakest dupe to be fodder.  It all just depends on what you need to accomplish.  In Pvp, its much better to have the AI pick the weak dupe when your climbing and when your hopping its better to have it pick the max champ version.  Same arguments can be made in pve.

The overwhelming majority of rosters, don't have the roster width, or the experience to leverage that fact into a time advantage.  But there are enough players and rosters with the rosters and experience to take advantage of that fact, that devs should make that a USER toggle option for scl 9 players.  It should pick dupes based on either Highest dupe, Lowest Dupe, or EXACT last char used.

From my perspective its no different than seeing the AP trays during a match.  Sometimes, i need to monitor ap levels, and sometimes it just easier to play without tray indicator.  but it should always be a user selectable option

We are starting to get off topic. But we definitely do need better sorting options for rosters when in character select for a match.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    I swear this was addressed when supports were first released, and the devs said the support should apply to both versions.
    I know that Costumes should apply to both characters, but I'm not quite sure Supports are supposed to.
    Costumes do not apply to every character, you have to manually select them.  

To fix this should require minimal dev time (and would be a welcome quality of life update for a very different reason).  The game obviously knows which character a support is equipped to, that is how it knows how to remove it when you attempt to equip it to a new character.   Allow it equip again/bypass 2 hour lock if (name == name).  In terms of removal,  if the equipped character is saved as a direct link,  change it to allow a linked list.  If it's done as a query, continue until it parses all duplicates (this is already done when displaying how many versions of a duplicate character you have on the select screen).

In terms of quality of life, supports should list who they are currently equipped to.  I would also welcome that pre sorted required character list showing up whenever a required character is needed (pvp featured character, pve essentials).  Especially useful in boss battles where any version of a character is required, for instance place all my Iron Man chars in yellow at the start of the list instead of having to flip through the list to find the one I want.