Galactic Heroes

PiMacleod
PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
So my last special 5* pulls were pure tinykitty. 

This time I decided I need a Carol for essentials.    I had 200 cp to spend.  Only pulled twice.

1st was 5* StarLord
2nd was 5* Carol.

My bad luck was justified ever so slightly there.  Kinda wish I could've recorded this one... but I dont have access to my camera here.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 1st pull was also 5* Star Lord! I haven't pulled any more because I figure that is my luck done for the entire store.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    My 1st pull was also 5* Star Lord! I haven't pulled any more because I figure that is my luck done for the entire store.
    I admit... I almost did the same thing... but I was determined to see it through. Cant get a Carol without spending.
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    1 pull= 1 Carol....done until free tokens...
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    3 pulls for a Carol. Love it
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I admit... I almost did the same thing... but I was determined to see it through. Cant get a Carol without spending.
    I have a very bad history with these stores. Going back to Jessica Jones I have pulled exactly 1 cover for the new character and that was for Cable. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2019
    First pull was 5star lord for me too, so was the third with a bh jj, and the 6th was surfer. 7 pulls with 3+1!! 5*s, wow!. Sadly no ms marvel which was the only thing i actually wanted. This is the luckiest unlucky ive ever been. :D
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    8 pulls, Silver Surfer on the 4th and 5th. No luck on C5rol, but I didn't have SS rostered so that was nice anyway, and I can't complain about 25% 5* rates with a straight face.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    jym010 said:
    You could have waited for the free tokens and still gotten Carol on the 1st pull. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    jym010 said:
    You could have waited for the free tokens and still gotten Carol on the 1st pull. 
    I don't believe that is true. Each store has it's own predetermined RNG numbers. So the ones from the Captain Marvel store have nothing to do with the Latest Legends.

KGB

• Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    I got lucky getting the token out of the Carol Danvers vault with one ten-pack, but that ran out quickly when I got Professor X from it. My Silver Surfer is 2/4/5 and Starlord is 1/0/1, so I might throw some CP in at some point. Not feeling the need to save it for Latests at the moment...
  • bbigler
    KGB said:
    bbigler said:
    jym010 said:
    I don't believe that is true. Each store has it's own predetermined RNG numbers. So the ones from the Captain Marvel store have nothing to do with the Latest Legends.

KGB

I know. I was referring to the free tokens from the boss event. If you're expecting to get them, then why spend CP now? Just wait and see what you get from those 2 pulls first.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    KGB said:
    bbigler said:
    jym010 said:

KGB

I know. I was referring to the free tokens from the boss event. If you're expecting to get them, then why spend CP now? Just wait and see what you get from those 2 pulls first.
    What if it comes on pull 3 too? Not likely, but its not the worst thing to get extra tries on a limited store.
  • Lejon
    Lejon Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Needed 8 pulls to get a Carol cover. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    1,100 CP spent

Result:

One 5* Captain Marvel Green

Two 5* Star-Lord

Six 5* Silver Surfer

One 5* Green Goblin from a 4* Sandman Champ reward

Good amount of 5*'s but not enough 5* Captain Marvel.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    KGB said:
    bbigler said:
    jym010 said:

KGB

Don't be raining on peoples' fun and excitement with your cold, cruel logic!
    Spoil sport! 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    One pull. One SS. Can’t complain about a 100% pull rate even tho was hoping for Carol. All hail small sample sizes!
  • bbigler
    CT1888 said:
    bbigler said:
    KGB said:
    bbigler said:
    jym010 said:

KGB

Don't be raining on peoples' fun and excitement with your cold, cruel logic!
    Spoil sport! 
    Sorry, I haven't figured out how to turn off my brain yet. Did you know there's a 9.75% chance of getting her within the first 2 pulls? If you get the vault token too, then there's a 14.2625% chance in 3 pulls. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    1,100 CP spent

Result:

One 5* Captain Marvel Green

Two 5* Star-Lord

Six 5* Silver Surfer

One 5* Green Goblin from a 4* Sandman Champ reward

Good amount of 5*'s but not enough 5* Captain Marvel.

You're actually only down one from average - 1100 CP is 44 pulls.  A good rule of thumb is one each of the three for every 20 pulls (1.5 per 10 pulls, 3 for 20, so dead average is 1 each.)  With 44 pulls you should have averaged slightly over 2 each - so you're down one for CM, average for Star Lord, and up four for Silver Surfer.  Of course, with a small sample size like that you're much more likely to get an unusual pull, up to and including only one (or even zero, I've seen it) 5*s.

That's good luck any way you cut it, though how useful it is depends on your roster...

• MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Odd... also had 1st pull 5* StarLord.  2nd pull DP, 3rd pull Venom.  Waiting a bit to pull a few more.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    PiMacleod said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I have a very bad history with these stores. Going back to Jessica Jones I have pulled exactly 1 cover for the new character and that was for Cable. 
    Same. I tried pulling in the store that had Okoye and Kitty for one of those three, and went 0 for 6 of any five stars.