Player Level and Card Experience (2/25/19)

Options

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    okay guys, sorry for being the super late person to the thread.  Was this issue ever solved?

And just to clarify, we're all angry because our accounts are locked at a permanent disadvantage to newer players in regards to the leveling system, right?
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @FindingHeart8 - Welcome to the party, though it is very early in the morning the dance floor is still crowded and the spirits are high. Though, we are beginning to wonder if we should relocate to an after party with a healthy breakfast. 🤪🤪🤪

No, it seems that nothing has been clarified on this subject. The last thing I heard from D3 was, ohh, you (the players) seem upset, how sorry for you, but you do know that it is all a misunderstanding — on your part.

And then the silent treatment, because comments are being reviewed. So perhaps we will see a change to this in a few months, but since it is only 1,87% of the players that are “really” affected, I would not hold my breath in anger. You are most likely going to keel over than get a  change.

And now onwards to the breakfast buffet!!! 😁😄😉
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    @FindingHeart8 - Welcome to the party, though it is very early in the morning the dance floor is still crowded and the spirits are high. Though, we are beginning to wonder if we should relocate to an after party with a healthy breakfast. 🤪🤪🤪

No, it seems that nothing has been clarified on this subject. The last thing I heard from D3 was, ohh, you (the players) seem upset, how sorry for you, but you do know that it is all a misunderstanding — on your part.

And then the silent treatment, because comments are being reviewed. So perhaps we will see a change to this in a few months, but since it is only 1,87% of the players that are “really” affected, I would not hold my breath in anger. You are most likely going to keel over than get a  change.

And now onwards to the breakfast buffet!!! 😁😄😉
    love the narration there. :D:D

I was hoping for some positive news out there related to mtgpq, but I guess it's just one big bag of disappointment recently.

At least the breakfast buffet sounds nice :)
  • Tremayne
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @FindingHeart8 - You are welcome, you have no idea how good the buffet was. 😁

Yes, they have some communication issues. Perhaps, because Brigby is trying to translate the intentions of deaf to the blind and somethings are lost in translation. Not a enviably situation by any standards, but it sure seems like the situation have been deteriorating a lot lately.

I have voiced be concerns and now awaits the results, if any.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Al communication from thos company is nonsense!
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I fully expect they were placating us with "the team is discussing this issue" while they were laughing about how all us 1%ers are just going to quit in 3.3 anyway.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So.. The support is completely unable to unmaster cards. And they needed more than a month to be able to tell that. What a bummer.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    starfall said:
    So.. The support is completely unable to unmaster cards. And they needed more than a month to be able to tell that. What a bummer.
    Well, of course support is. They're not the development team. The dev team can literally do whatever they like: add a booster crafting system, make a new card set with new mechanics, introduce a timer into the game, make an XP system and scale everyone's XP weirdly, void gems, energize... the world is their oyster!

I doubt support have any direct contact with the dev team at all. Brigby, on the other hand, does seem to.
    Well, the support can grant you currency and packs, restore your account etcetera - why shouldn't they be able to reset your experience?
    Too bad that's not an option.
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    starfall said:
    Well, of course support is. They're not the development team. The dev team can literally do whatever they like: add a booster crafting system, make a new card set with new mechanics, introduce a timer into the game, make an XP system and scale everyone's XP weirdly, void gems, energize... the world is their oyster!

I doubt support have any direct contact with the dev team at all. Brigby, on the other hand, does seem to.
    Well, the support can grant you currency and packs, restore your account etcetera - why shouldn't they be able to reset your experience?
    Before this issue reared its ugly head, was this ever something that someone would have really requested, much less needed?
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    starfall said:
    starfall said:

It IS an option. I am sick to death of being told that the coders on this game need 4 weeks to change a variable or a constant. It's nonsense, and everybody knows it.
    It’s a bit more complicated than that.  Any production application like this should have an admin module for people in upper levels of customer service to use to fix this sort of problem.  And I’m fairly certain they have something like that.  But since it’s an internal module it’s probably pretty low on their priority list and likely inadequate for a number of problems.
  • Irishme
    Irishme Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    How are those discussions going?  @Brigby
  • Khyb
    Khyb Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I too am still waiting.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    Hey, look a butterfly!!

(maybe this will distract them from a highly pertinent question)

#sarcasm 

I know Brigby is away, so he is excused, but are D3/Octagon so poorly staffed that there is no communication until he is back???
  • Tremayne
    Options
    @starfall - well I suppose that it is possible that only 1,87% of D3/Octagon knows how upset the players are on this subject and we have been extremely patient so far.

let us see if your reference will expedite an answer.
This discussion has been closed.