Popular Demand Store! (2/25/19)

13»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019

That's the funny part.  If it was 375 straight up for a 4 star with no chance of a 3 or 2, some of us would still hesitate.
    No, let's be honest. 375 how for a guaranteed good 4* cover would be a very good deal for tons of transitioners looking to build out their 4* roster.  Or anyone chasing 5* feeder covers (wspecially since HP can be straight up bought as much lower real$ values).  That is definitely something that Demi would be scared to do for fear of too many covers going out the door.

So the right answer should be somewhere in between 375 for a guaranteed 4* cover and 375 for a <7% chance of a 4*.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby, I echo many of the sentiments posted here. The odds seem very low especially at the price. Can you shed any light on the decision?
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is what they need to do to a 25 cp token store that includes pull rates on 3 classic 5*'s. 

I think that would make many people happy. The pull rates on 4*'s for the amount of hp this is asking is no bueno.

Ps. I would still prefer classics personally. I hate vaulting much more than dilution. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's be honest, even if the dev decided to make this store gives guaranteed 4*, many will think that the devs is trying to squeeze the last penny out of all players before the game shut down next week.

I think they are simply balancing between these two extremes:

1) Above average deal = trigger fear that the game will shut down soon.

2) Below average deal = not listening to the players' feedbacks.

Anyway, whenever there's something new (most of the time), it's as if the devs is using 5* Kingpin's Forced Hand.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    @HoundofShadow

That would imply kingpin benefits from the move. Nobody benefits from kingpin......

• HoundofShadow
    edited February 2019
    The players benefit by receiving one attack/protect/strike tile in return while the devs reduces your HP or CP and deals damage to your wallet.  :D
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's be honest, even if the dev decided to make this store gives guaranteed 4*, many will think that the devs is trying to squeeze the last penny out of all players before the game shut down next week.

I think they are simply balancing between these two extremes:

1) Above average deal = trigger fear that the game will shut down soon.

2) Below average deal = not listening to the players' feedbacks.

Anyway, whenever there's something new (most of the time), it's as if the devs is using 5* Kingpin's Forced Hand.
    I would expect a guaranteed 4 to cost perhaps a bit more than this....and it might be worth it up to a certain point.  I mean, going for a 10 pack is only pretty good odds at at 4 at 1:14 but you get a bunch of covers regardless.  Maybe a guaranteed 4 (but random from a pool of 10) would cost something like 1000-2000 HP or 15 CP.  I'd prefer a choice like that vs this.

I don't think that a store with the same odds of pulling a 4 as Heroics offer - even if you restrict that 4 to a set of 10 Popular ones - but paying more than normal costs for a chance at those 4 is anything other than a Below Average Deal.

Also note that vets have seen all these characters, with the exception of Deadpool and XF Wolverine, available at increased drop rates with normal pricing on the tokens.  No, not all at the same time (although some of them were together), but this, to me, is the devs coming to the players with something that cost less before and asking more for it now.

And the only reason it sort of makes sense is that dilution has continued steamrolling along with no attempt to fix it, just stores to attempt to offer you the opportunity to try to avoid it with premium pricing or by hoarding/spending for the (hopefully) right set of 5's in a store.
  • Doragon
    Doragon Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Honestly, if they made the odds:
    • 20% odds for a 4* cover
    • 80% odds for a 3* cover
    I would have blown most of my HP on the deal. If it was 400HP for a guaranteed 4* cover, I'd even buy HP just to spend on this. Right now, the risk of getting a 2* cover is too high for the cost.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doragon said:
    Honestly, if they made the odds:
    • 20% odds for a 4* cover
    • 80% odds for a 3* cover
    I would have blown most of my HP on the deal. If it was 400HP for a guaranteed 4* cover, I'd even buy HP just to spend on this. Right now, the risk of getting a 2* cover is too high for the cost.

Agreed. This is why Heroic tokens should be changed to award 3/4* in roughly the ratio you just laid out. Note that all current existing ones in peoples hoards would still draw at current rates (ie with the 2*) ala the support token odds changes but newly earned/bought ones would be 3/4 only.

It would differentiate between heroic and elite with essentially feel the same now minus the small 4* chance on a heroic. It would also make heroic way better to earn as rewards in Daily Resupply and PvE/PvP events.

KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    Using R4G and 1x pull as an example, it takes 1/16*1/75 = 1200 heroic pull to draw 1 cover over 1200 days of 100 HP pull, which is 120,000 HP. If not, it cost 100 HP + 300HP*1199 = 359,800HP.

The current Popular Demand store cost 1/16*10 = 160 pulls, which cost 160 *375 = 60, 000 HP (50% reduction. Coincident or calculated?). 

The suggestion for 4* at 1:5 odds cost 50 pulls, which cost 18,250 HP. (85% reduction).

Another way of looking at it is you are paying an extra 75 HP to reduce your odds from 1 in 1200 pulls to 1 in 160 pulls to get R4G. 

Reducing the odds from 1 in 1200 pulls to 1 in 50 pulls is probably too extreme for them. 

They will probably replace HT in Lightning Round with Elite Tokens instead. 

• himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2019
    Well, I guess it's good to know that I have 9 out of 10 of these 4-star characters champed. Wolverine is sitting at 13 covers but I don't wanna spend ISO on him lol. If anything I'm surprised Rogue isn't in there. 
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I'm not spending 375HP to get 2* Daken. Why must there always be 2*s in these vaults? 
  • HoundofShadow
    Based on current Heroic Token 1x pull odds, it costs 1600HP to pull one 4* cover on average. So, it will cost a minimum of 1600 HP per pull plus a few extra percentages for guaranteed pull and the reduction of 75 to 10 4* characters.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yet again, I seriously wonder if the devs ever play this game.  I do not understand how they thought this was going to be well received by anybody.