Popular Demand Store! (2/25/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Why should the 5-Star characters get all the fun? Starting today until March 2nd there will be a new Popular Demand store available that contains the top 10 most popular 4-Star characters! Check out all the details below:

Popular Demand Store
  • Start: 2/25/19 12:00am ET
  • End: 3/2/19 12:00am ET
  • Same rarity odds as Heroic store
  • Contains 10 specific popular demand 4-Star characters
    • America Chavez
    • Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
    • Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force)
    • Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
    • Medusa
    • Nightcrawler
    • Peggy Carter
    • Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
    • Vulture
    • Wolverine (X-Force)

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    In game right now with a selection of 4's available, these things are coming thick and fast.

If I hadn't spent a bunch of HP in the Wakanda store I might have been tempted.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    They're probably playing around with various models.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    I'm surprised to see NightCrawler and X-Force Wolverine in there. There are only 10 4* in that store.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

Remember when we had only the 12 newest characters in tokens?  Then the half vaulting which meant 50% of the pulls were the newest 12?

Then full dilution came along ....
    Then full dilution came back....
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Heroic tokens with a limited set of 4*s?  Looks like almost all the best ones, less bishop and blade but plus xfw. Not yet clear how they will be earned, but presumably some events will give most players a handful of them, with more available for HP.

Huh. More stuff that seems like Demi is trying to mitigate dilution for classic/vintage characters (and bleed resources from the players). 

What do people think?
  • DAZ0273
    X-Force Wolverine always seems to make it in to these things. I'm not sure who he is popular with though.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    ***Mod Mode:ON***

Merged similar threads to keep conversation focused in one thread.

***Mod Mode: OFF**
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    X-Force Wolverine always seems to make it in to these things. I'm not sure who he is popular with though.
    I have a suspicion his useage numbers are skewed by virtue of him being double-fed at the 3* tier and fed up through 2*. He is one a lot of people are going to get by default. Mine is of course still sitting covered but un-champed on day 1118, but I'll get there eventually...
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019

Any reason that there isn't an official announcement thread in which to comment?

:edit: Ah, now there is, and this thread has been merged into it.

Sometimes it seems as if Brigby's alarms to post threads are not in the same time zone as he is.

Oh, and no thanks.  Not at 375 HP a pop.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    I have a suspicion his useage numbers are skewed by virtue of him being double-fed at the 3* tier and fed up through 2*. He is one a lot of people are going to get by default. Mine is of course still sitting covered but un-champed on day 1118, but I'll get there eventually...
    And from being boosted for EVERY Boss Event.
  • MoonKnight
    MoonKnight Posts: 63 Match Maker
    edited February 2019
    DAZ0273 said:
    And from being boosted for EVERY Boss Event.
    And he’s one of the first 4* given for daily shield resupplies too, I believe.
  • DAZ0273
    They are confusing "Popular" with "available the most". By this logic, 1* Venom is the most "popular" Venom...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    DAZ0273 said:
    Any usage stats that don't control for age and game shifts (i.e. buffs, nerfs, and the health shift) will over-represent xfw a lot.  He is one of the oldest 4*s (the oldest right? It was him, then IW, then fury iirc). And he was the a meta character for about 9 months.  As a result, he will be among the most covered 4*s for a large group of older players, whether or not his current iteration has any value in the game today.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Heroic tokens with a limited set of 4*s?  Looks like almost all the best ones, less bishop and blade but plus xfw. Not yet clear how they will be earned, but presumably some events will give most players a handful of them, with more available for HP.

Huh. More stuff that seems like Demi is trying to mitigate dilution for classic/vintage characters (and bleed resources from the players). 

What do people think?
    I think you buy them or nothing.  No earning these tokens.

And yeah, mitigating dilution with premium pricing.
  • DAZ0273
    bluewolf said:
    Vhailorx said:

What do people think?
    I think you buy them or nothing.  No earning these tokens.

And yeah, mitigating dilution with premium pricing.
    Is this then an admission that a return to full dilution is not achieving what they hoped it would (never actually stated but assumed to be slowing player progress through the 4* tier via a bottleneck)?
  • RPIJG
    RPIJG Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    It's just a heroic with a limited pool of 4's.  IF they had improved the 4* drop odds, then maybe it would be worth it.

Not worth the significant different in price.