Popular Demand Store! (2/25/19)

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    bluewolf said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Heroic tokens with a limited set of 4*s?  Looks like almost all the best ones, less bishop and blade but plus xfw. Not yet clear how they will be earned, but presumably some events will give most players a handful of them, with more available for HP.

Huh. More stuff that seems like Demi is trying to mitigate dilution for classic/vintage characters (and bleed resources from the players). 

What do people think?
    I think you buy them or nothing.  No earning these tokens.

And yeah, mitigating dilution with premium pricing.
    Is this then an admission that a return to full dilution is not achieving what they hoped it would (never actually stated but assumed to be slowing player progress through the 4* tier via a bottleneck)?

On the contrary, I think this is the cool drink of water being offered to the person dying in the desert, for the low price of all your hp. I would take a store like this to mean that 4* progress IS being slowed down, and it's a way for people to buy their way out of it.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    XFW is almost always on the boosted list for boss events and he excels in them. I can see why he's there.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    XFW is almost always on the boosted list for boss events and he excels in them. I can see why he's there.
    Yeah, Nightcrawler was the only real surprise, but I'm not sure who I would have expected in his place, to be honest.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    ZootSax said:
    Dormammu said:
    Yeah, Nightcrawler was the only real surprise, but I'm not sure who I would have expected in his place, to be honest.
    Carnage
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Merged same topic threads together
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Thanks but I’ll leave it, considering the cost you would at least expect better odds 

i can get my 2*s for free in DDQ and elite tokens 

I won’t be spending in the support vault either 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    RPIJG said:
    It's just a heroic with a limited pool of 4's.  IF they had improved the 4* drop odds, then maybe it would be worth it.

Not worth the significant different in price.
    A heroic token with limited 4*s AND no daily pricing.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Too rich for me.  Good luck to anyone that buys in on this one
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    I see eleven four stars, not ten. The ten listed plus Namor hiding in amongst the three stars.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, not for me. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards

i can get my 2*s for free in DDQ and elite tokens 
    Not going to lie, this one cracked me up. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Too many two and three stars. This is basically a more expensive taco token. 

Pass
  • MoonKnight
    MoonKnight Posts: 63 Match Maker
    ZootSax said:
    Dormammu said:
    Carnage
    I would’ve suggested some duo of Carnage, iceman, or mockingbird for XFW and Nightcrawler personally.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    ZootSax said:
    Dormammu said:
    Carnage
    I would’ve suggested some duo of Carnage, iceman, or mockingbird for XFW and Nightcrawler personally.
    Or Rogue. In a store that offered some kind of value.
    I don't spend 200HP on the pvp stores nor for more than the daily on a heroic. And I certainly don't pull expecting a 4- star, though this store is presented as if that is what you will get. Misleading advertising.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    That's the funny part.  If it was 375 straight up for a 4 star with no chance of a 3 or 2, some of us would still hesitate.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    A more expensive heroic with the same odds of pulling fewer 4*s...
    ehhhhhh....?